Disney MagicMobile on Samsung smartwatch

faeryhollow

Original Poster
We are going to WDW in late March. We haven't been since 2018. Our son and daughter-in-law no longer have their old magic bands, and now that they aren't free or even cheap anymore, they are looking for alternatives. Since they have smart watches, specifically the Samsung Smart watch that runs Wear OS like the Google Pixel watch, they wondered if that might be an option. Apparently, Google has just added functionality for Wallet passes and maybe Disney MobileMagic is included? Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this new option? We do know about the option for free cards or using the smartphone as alternatives to magicbands. I'm afraid that even if it is possible, the newness of it makes it a perfect set-up for glitches and headaches.

vikescaper

From everything I have seen online, it sounds like Disney hasn’t rolled out MobileMagic for Samsung smart watches as of yet. Hopefully, they are working on it as I think MobileMagic is one of the best things they have implemented within the past few years and I love having the feature on my Apple Watch!

faeryhollow

Original Poster
From everything I have seen online, it sounds like Disney hasn’t rolled out MobileMagic for Samsung smart watches as of yet. Hopefully, they are working on it as I think MobileMagic is one of the best things they have implemented within the past few years and I love having the feature on my Apple Watch!
Thanks for your reply! My son found a recent comment on a 4 yr. old Reddit thread titled "Disney MagicMobile on Google Pixel Watch?" that said "Passes show up now. I wonder if it works." It was a comment from 4 days ago. Just wondering if anyone has tried it.

SteveAZee

Thanks for your reply! My son found a recent comment on a 4 yr. old Reddit thread titled "Disney MagicMobile on Google Pixel Watch?" that said "Passes show up now. I wonder if it works." It was a comment from 4 days ago. Just wondering if anyone has tried it.
I tried it in December (Pixel 2 Watch connected to Pixel 8 Pro) and it wouldn't open my room door. I did some reading and it doesn't seem to be implemented yet.

faeryhollow

Original Poster
I tried it in December (Pixel 2 Watch connected to Pixel 8 Pro) and it wouldn't open my room door. I did some reading and it doesn't seem to be implemented yet.
Thanks for the info. It guess it may be a while yet before that capacity is up and running. I think they'll need to bite the bullet and get magicbands or just use the keycard. Too bad they threw away their old bands!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Purely speculation on my part, but they’ve likely seen data that a very small percentage of their guests use Android/Samsung watches so it’s not worth the investment yet. It would also likely require 2 development efforts (one for Samsung and one for Google). You certainly don’t see anywhere near as many ‘in the wild’ as you do Apple Watches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom