Trip Report We were on a (Disney) Break...

Helloo Everyone!

As our trip report title suggests after our last trip report in Sep 2022 we were most definitely NOT going to be visiting WDW for the foreseeable future.

We were determined!

And we failed 😅

We lasted until June when we used some disney maths to figure it would be 'cheaper' for us to return to disney this year rather than a 2024 trip. I'm not going to lie to you, i dont remember the math and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't stand up to scrutiny but who cares! We had our next magical trip booked and we were the happiest people in the world.

If you've read one of our trip reports before welcome back! We can't wait to share our time with you all 😊

If you are new here we are Tash, Adam and our toddler Tobias.

1706822552712.jpeg

Tobias was 2 and a quarter years old at the time of the trip (yes hes a big boy!)

The time of the trip was 2 weeks from the 30th of September. We LOVE spooky season at disney although travelling with a toddler (and no babysitters) prevented us from doing all of the night time spooky events we would usually do.

Also yes it's taken us this long to have some free time to write our trip report. The tail end of 2023 was full of sickness in our house and we're finally on the up!

The aim of the trip was just to enjoy disney from a chilled perspective and go with the flow. We've learnt that trips to disney with a toddler go by their schedule and you best be prepared for all your plans to change last minute.

Our home from home this trip was Port Orleans French Quarter. It holds a special place in our hearts in that its the hotel we stayed in for our wedding in disney in 2019. We couldn't wait to return as a family of three and enjoy everything the hotel had to offer.

So sit back and enjoy our trip (keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times). We hope you enjoy it as much as we will reliving it!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I can't believe how grown up Tobias looks.
Haha! I know right? He's very tall for his age. I think when they showed us the growth diagram (or whatever it's called) he was in the 99th percentile for his age group! We're constantly having to get the next size up for everything, we even had to buy a bigger pram for this holiday especially! 😅

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Sunday 1st October 2023

The dummy came out on Buzz Lightyear as someone was now getting very tired. Tasha very cruelly used this to her advantage to beat me at space ranger spin. She ended up with approx 200000 and i got 170000 whilst having only the one hand and try to coax Tobias to have a go!

We headed out after the ride and popped him in his pram and he was out like a light!

We thought we should grab a small snack whilst he snoozed so headed over to Caseys.

However i panicked and thought i was ordering just a couple of small hot dogs...

Turns out i was wrong... i thought it was expensive for what I thought I'd ordered lol
1707739101844.jpeg

So with our now apparent huge feast, we took the weight off our feet whilst someone snoozed!
1707739187698.jpeg

We had a bit of rain that tried to wake him up so ended up putting his rain cover on, but the nap gods were not on our side today, because right where we were sat the band decided to come out banging their drums right by where he was sleeping

1707739464702.jpeg

Amazingly... He stayed asleep!

We did some fiddling with our Lightening lanes and then took a stroll over to big thunder and did rider switch. The left lane was closed whilst Tasha was waiting but as we switched over i got ushered into the left lane and pretty much walked on! there was a nice little area to wait just near the exit of Big Thunder where you could overlook Tom Sawer island.

After a while here Tobias did eventually wake up and was hungry for his lunch, our nearest stop was pecos bills, so we headed in there to grab him something. It usually takes him a while to wake up and get his appetite but eventually he wolfed the lot down.

1707739584037.jpeg

No cutlery needed. When hes super hungry and he gets at taste he just shoves it in hand over fist 😂

After Tobias had eaten we saw that the Tiki room was just about to start so dashed in as he is a big bird lover!
He enjoyed it for the most part, but after a while got a little fidgety and wanted to be out of his chair.
1707739985610.jpeg

As we were nearby to pirates and it was a relatively short wait we thought we should head over and get Tobias on his first 'drop' ride for the holiday!

1707740099941.jpeg

Not sure why we were banished to the back of the boat, we had all showered that day too!🤷‍♂️

We felt Tobias grip onto us a little more tightly as we headed down into the darkness but apart from that he seemed to enjoy it looking around and taking in the pirate life!

1707740251711.jpeg

the prettiest pirate we've ever seen 😍

One of our lightening lanes got turned into a multi experience pass, so we tried to get on Jungle Cruise, but apparently it was not a multi experience ride! So dashing in between the various showers of rain we went on Haunted mansion and this time decided to take Tobias through the stretch room part, even after the jump scare and the light came on he ended up smiling and clapping 😂 and for the most part enjoyed the ride as well!

1707740441726.jpeg

We think we may have figured out where the cameras are on this ride but we just smiled the whole way to make sure 😅

Another ride breakdown on this one though, we ended up being stuck for a good 10 minutes in the part where the little lady is saying 'Come baaaaaack' which wasn't scary at all 😅
1707740619072.jpeg

Tobias did get bored by this point, so we put Moana on our phone to keep him entertained 😂

We did try to get a photo pass outside the mansion but Tobias was to shy and kept hiding his face, so it was selfies all the way for us!

Now onwards to winnie the pooh!

To be continued...

Last edited:

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Sunday 1st October 2023 Continued...

We took a stroll of to Winnie the pooh with a quick bathroom break at the tangled restrooms on the way.

it was fortunate that with the lightning lane we only had to wait 5 mins before we were on the ride. We've always enjoyed the ride just because who doesn't love Winnie the pooh but seeing Tobias enjoy the ride was really magical. He loved the part where you bounce with tigger and he thought the heffalumps and woozles were really mesmerizing.

We didn't take any photos as we were enjoying the moment too much.

After Winnie the pooh we saw that the tea cups had a similar short wait so we hopped on board!

we all had a laugh as we spun around and it was over far too soon

Continuing our streak of fun rides we thought we would let Tobias have a go on the tomorrowland speedway. We decided that this time I would ride with Tobias and Adam would go ahead of us. It was nice to see Tobias enjoy driving but I'm not sure I would rate his driving skills

1709844633459.png

1709844654489.png

It started raining as we got into the cars but it didn't stop the fun

1709844669832.png

After this we were about ready to call it a day, we were thinking of waiting in line for Tobias to see Mickey but he was getting a little fed up in his pram and just wanted to run around like the loon he is!

But not before an obligatory photo in front of the castle!
1709845110592.jpeg

We were having a gentle stroll back ot the bus stop until we saw our bus waiting so had to kick it into gear and run (Turns out the bus had not long got there and then we had to sit on the bus panting for a while whilst we waited for it to leave 😅 )

Tobias was naturally very happy to be on his favorite ride in Disney and had a big grin on his face all the way home.

Apart from the park his favorite place in Port Orleans was the fountain, he loved trying to steal all the coins out of it!
1709845364395.jpeg

...and occasionally trying to climb in...

1709845407499.jpeg

Then it was off to the park to burn off some energy!

1709845461207.jpeg

Having a little area where he could run around so close to our hotel room was such a god send. We never worried about him having a late nap cause we always knew he could burn off any excess energy here at the end of the day.

Then it was back to the room for some chill time with Mummy whilst Daddy went to get food! We barely used mobile ordering the last few stays in Disney but travelling as just a three? It was an absolute must!

We did notice something weird with the Disney Junior TV show...

1709845784909.jpeg

I get it... I was shocked when i found out Bluey was a girl too 😂

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Sunday 1st October 2023

I went to pick up the order from Sassagoulas whilst Tasha and Tobias were watching Bluey.

1709846376972.jpeg

Tasha and Tobias shared a pepperoni pizza and i got myself the Pollo Guisado it was a limited time menu item for hispanic and latin american heritage month, it consisted of Braised chicken, carrots, olives, jasmine rice, sweet plantains, and fried garlic cilantro. It. Tasted. Amazing...

You may also see i got some beignets... Be rude not to right?

Although i forgot to get cutlery so we were using Tobias's fork tonight!

1709847079062.jpeg

Those plantains were so tasty!!

...and these two were loving their pizza!
1709847130277.jpeg

He tried his best... But was ultimately defeated...
1709847186263.jpeg

Then it was bath and bed!

But not before someone danced around the room with his mardi gras beads!
1709847285488.jpeg

We flopped in bed around 9/10 pm ready for another fun day tomorrow!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Monday 02nd October

Today was a designated R&R day! (We had scheduled these in throughout the holiday to make sure we wouldn't burn ourselves out and they actually became some of our favorite days!)

We slept in till around 7am (Super late i know!)

Tobias had his pre-breakfast of caramel pretzel bites and sweetie bits...
1709847815620.jpeg

We had to hide these in the room as whenever he saw them he would not give up until he had them!

We headed to Sassagoulas for our 'proper' breakfast.

1709847932053.jpeg

Tasha had the breakfast bagel, which was clearly very good because she already started eating it before i could get a photo!

It was Pancakes for Tobias...
1709847997771.jpeg

He enjoyed them, but preferred to steal mine and Tashas Tater tots.

I had the loaded Totcho bowl, which was super tasty as well!
1709848114464.jpeg

They were covered in a sausage gravy with bacon, cheese and chives. I thought it was ok but the gravy combined with the cheese was a bit too much and it also made the tots soggy. I'm glad i tried though!

We headed back to the room to get changed to head to the pool, we got there ten minutes after opening and it was completely empty!

1709848257153.jpeg

We ordered his life jacket from amazon before we flew as we wanted to make sure he always had one that fitted well and it did a great job, we could leave him floating by himself for a couple of seconds before he realized he wasn't holding onto one of us.

We also saw a stoodge lifeguard test as well! A lifeguard dived into the water and dragged someone out and she was faking it and said how well he'd done, it was all very dramaful!

Tobias could not care less however...
1709848401990.jpeg

Whilst this was all going Tasha was just enjoying her Mickey Bar by the pool!
1709848489558.jpeg

Tobias was getting a little tired after all this so it was back to the room for nap time at 12:30 Tasha brought me back a mickey ice cream sandwich and a few drinks, we both ended up joining him and all woke up at 15:00!!

We got ourselves together and decided to get out for tea at red lobster!

We were surprised to see that Tobias wasn't super fussed about the biscuits, but that only meant more for us!
1709848827028.jpeg

He was more than happy with his OJ

1709848897236.jpeg

Both me and Tasha got lobster and shrimp. It was a Monday special where you got Lobster and Shrimp with a side for 20 USD so not to bad! It was amazing. I could have drunk the sauce by itself!
1709849064902.jpeg

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Monday 02nd October - Continued

Tobias had the mini shrimp bites with some oranges segments which he seemed to enjoy as well! Along with stealing our fries!

1709849663691.jpeg

1709849718170.jpeg

We then popped to vineland quickly to see if we could get Tobias a waterproof sunhat for swimming (No joy but i did buy 5 UA t-shirts 😂 ) This was good as i had only brought 7 t shirts with the intention to buy more 😂
We also went to target to see if we could get a water bottle for the parks to keep the water cool rather than drinking luke-warm water all day. Managed to find a contigo bottle which has served us very well since! We also bought a mini etch-a-sketch as we thought it might be a good distraction toy if we needed one whilst we were out and about.

we got back to the resort at about 7pm and it was perfect time for a play in the park during dusk.

1709850478171.jpeg

slides are both thrilling and terrifying even when its a small one

1709850535625.jpeg

if disney ever need a spiderman actor i think Tobias would be a shoe in!

This evening we discovered the only real downside to POFQ. Adam needed to take Tobias to change his nappy but could not find a single family changing room and there were no facilities even in the lobby complex. we were quite disappointed considering disney are usually so family friendly in all areas. Im secretly hoping that there is one and we just couldnt find it!

I took Tobias back to the room to get him to sleep whilst adam decided to treat himself to a cookie ice cream sandwich filled with three scoops of cookies and creme!
1709850803738.jpeg

Adam thought that it was a top tier treat and much better than the baileys filled beignets. Apparently the OG ones still take the top of his list.

unsurprisingly there weren't any leftovers by the time he got back to the room but its ok as I had fallen asleep with Tobias. Adam decided to join us and it was an early night all round at 9.30pm

Tiki Traveler

Enjoying your report! Could you mention the photographer you had that took your wedding photos and then the photos w/the three of you your last trip? I think professional photos would be a wonderful keepsake. Thanks!

Minnie1986

Sunday 1st October 2023 Continued...

We took a stroll of to Winnie the pooh with a quick bathroom break at the tangled restrooms on the way.

it was fortunate that with the lightning lane we only had to wait 5 mins before we were on the ride. We've always enjoyed the ride just because who doesn't love Winnie the pooh but seeing Tobias enjoy the ride was really magical. He loved the part where you bounce with tigger and he thought the heffalumps and woozles were really mesmerizing.

We didn't take any photos as we were enjoying the moment too much.

After Winnie the pooh we saw that the tea cups had a similar short wait so we hopped on board!

we all had a laugh as we spun around and it was over far too soon

Continuing our streak of fun rides we thought we would let Tobias have a go on the tomorrowland speedway. We decided that this time I would ride with Tobias and Adam would go ahead of us. It was nice to see Tobias enjoy driving but I'm not sure I would rate his driving skills

View attachment 771936

View attachment 771937

It started raining as we got into the cars but it didn't stop the fun

View attachment 771938

After this we were about ready to call it a day, we were thinking of waiting in line for Tobias to see Mickey but he was getting a little fed up in his pram and just wanted to run around like the loon he is!

But not before an obligatory photo in front of the castle!
View attachment 771939

We were having a gentle stroll back ot the bus stop until we saw our bus waiting so had to kick it into gear and run (Turns out the bus had not long got there and then we had to sit on the bus panting for a while whilst we waited for it to leave 😅 )

Tobias was naturally very happy to be on his favorite ride in Disney and had a big grin on his face all the way home.

Apart from the park his favorite place in Port Orleans was the fountain, he loved trying to steal all the coins out of it!
View attachment 771940

...and occasionally trying to climb in...

View attachment 771941

Then it was off to the park to burn off some energy!

View attachment 771942

Having a little area where he could run around so close to our hotel room was such a god send. We never worried about him having a late nap cause we always knew he could burn off any excess energy here at the end of the day.

Then it was back to the room for some chill time with Mummy whilst Daddy went to get food! We barely used mobile ordering the last few stays in Disney but travelling as just a three? It was an absolute must!

We did notice something weird with the Disney Junior TV show...

View attachment 771944
I get it... I was shocked when i found out Bluey was a girl too 😂

To be continued...

I was absolutely flabbergasted when I found out that Bluey was a girl!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom