Trip Report Shortest Retirement in History?

Justin Bieber lasted 2 weeks.

Tom Brady lasted 40 days.

I, Tuvalu, outlasted them both. Not by much, mind you. Yet if not for the encouragement of some forum friends - along with some unusual circumstances - you wouldn’t be reading this.

Unusual circumstances, you say?

Around Thanksgiving my beloved Woody learned his presence was required at a work conference. In Orlando. At Universal.
Just down the road from Walt Disney World.

Woody said I could accompany him if he drove (rather than flew) to Florida. And that we could leave a couple days early and have some Disney time together.

Well you don’t have to ask me twice!

I’d be on my own during the conference. Since the majority of Universal’s attractions don’t appeal to me, it didn’t make sense for me to buy Uni tickets when I could visit WDW for free with my AP. Being solo, I thought it might be fun to do a live trip report so y’all could be my virtual companions!

Turns out I won’t be alone while Woody is occupied after all. Some friends that you have seen in my previous TRs (and one you haven’t) have offered to play with me. I can’t wait!

IMG_0404.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great pic at the Tiki Room! The girl sitting next to you seems a bit mad. She has an expression that says "why didn't I get a Tuvalu card!"
That girl was mad and pouty. “I never get to do what I want!” she complained to her mom.
“What would you like to do next?” Mom asked. “You can pick.”
“Space Mountain.”
“Oh, that’s too bad. I thought you would say Haunted Mansion. We have a lightning lane for it next.”

(Methinks the girl had a right to be pouty. 😉)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
That girl was mad and pouty. “I never get to do what I want!” she complained to her mom.
“Space Mountain.”
“Oh, that’s too bad. I thought you would say Haunted Mansion. We have a lightning lane for it next.”

That’s awful and I suspect the parents are in for some rough teenage years with an attitude like that (To be clear I mean the mother’s attitude, not the girl’s).

Songbird76

So glad you came back to do this!
Really enjoying it. Especially since we’re in the same state but not visiting this time:confused:
Count me in the not-a-fan-of Starbuck’s club…I don’t even drink coffee!
Me either. I don't drink coffee at all, and I only drink tea if I'm sick. There's no starbucks anywhere near where I live anyway, but I went to Universal Orlando last Summer and there was a Starbucks right by the entrance and I was with my best friend and our daughters. We decided to go to the Starbucks for breakfast. The breakfast sandwich was decent, but the hot chocolate I ordered had coffee in it. I asked before I ordered, and she insisted that it didn't, but the way it was worded implied it did. I could definitely taste the coffee in it and it went straight into the trash.

Songbird76

“Space Mountain.”

That poor girl. No wonder she was pouty! That kind of stuff makes me so angry. If you aren't ACTUALLY going to let them choose, don't tell them they can!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, con’t

Now is the time
Now is the best time
Now is the best time of your life

IMG_1961.jpeg

IYKYK (@Tony the Tigger)

A spin around Tomorrowland? Sure!

IMG_1962.jpeg

Disney’s new merchandise line features the most popular Disney Snacks.

I think the clothing is hideous (as are most of their recent clothing offerings) but I suppose I have aged out of their target market.

I am not a “snacker” per se, but I was hungry and thought a warm, doughy Mickey pretzel….with cheese….might hit the spot.

I mobile ordered one from The Lunching Pad. I almost choked when I saw the price. $8.50!

IMG_1963.jpeg

Doesn’t it look appetizing? :hilarious:

Can I say that it tasted even worse than it looked? It was not warm, doughy nor soft as a warmed pretzel should be.

And the love people have for that plastic cheese? :depressed:

The Mickey pretzel was a big fat fail for me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think the clothing is hideous (as are most of their recent clothing offerings) but I suppose I have aged out of their target market.
While patterns and styles update, there still should be something for everyone. For example, I like Woody's white collared polo shirt, with the (small) Mickey on the front. That's a classic style and looks good (although, I don't know if he bought that recently, or has owned it for some time.)

So as long as there is some variety in the "merch" for sale, that's o.k. If not, then that's disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom