Housekeeping

maemae74

That’s good to know…makes sense. Purely a “price” arrangement

DVC service (I was in one for 7 nights) continues to be pathetic.
Of course it was prior to 2020 as well

It is funny…the “grand Floridian” has traditionally been more poorly run than most if not all the other expensive places. Lipstick on that bacon.
I agree and I was recently told a few months ago that the option to pay the extra to have room cleaned daily was not an option.

If someone books a DVC room directly through Disney do they still get the crappy 1 in 7 service or do they get every night like at other Disney resorts?

nickys

Premium Member
I agree and I was recently told a few months ago that the option to pay the extra to have room cleaned daily was not an option.

If someone books a DVC room directly through Disney do they still get the crappy 1 in 7 service or do they get every night like at other Disney resorts?
If you book through Disney you get the same service as if you’d booked AoA or POFQ etc. Bit it isn’t clear whether that service is consistent across all resorts yet.

tnemgif

Has anyone had any recent/better experience with housekeeping?

I’ll be at AKL in 2 weeks and I’m hopeful that housekeeping has improved. I don’t mind dusting and cleaning myself, but I change my sheets every few days at home. I’ll be there for 9 nights / 10 days.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This was in our room last week.

50A9EF52-F808-4785-84E3-2B26E55054DF.jpeg

BuddyThomas

I've just returned from Animal Kingdom Lodge was there for 2 weeks. Towels and bins emptied every other day, while beds changed every 4 days. It was becoming incredibly dusty by the time we left, some guests were just leaving bins outside of rooms which they did seem to empty.
Where is all this mystery dust coming from? I never “dust” my apartment and it has no dust. I don’t get it.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Where is all this mystery dust coming from? I never “dust” my apartment and it has no dust. I don’t get it.
I'd like to know as well. I have all black furniture in my townhouse and I only have to truly dust maybe once every month. But I also have a lot of knick knacks, so if I didn't have those who knows how often I'd actually do it.

disneyfireman

We are here now. You’ll get new towels anytime you want just ask. Other than that. They’ll come in and give you new ones every few days. No sheets changed but once a week. Which is fine. Anymore is a waste. Also. The security check doesn’t really happen. They may or may not do that. Everyone is short handed. It’s all fine. Resorts are great. We are at all star music.

Lilofan

We are here now. You’ll get new towels anytime you want just ask. Other than that. They’ll come in and give you new ones every few days. No sheets changed but once a week. Which is fine. Anymore is a waste. Also. The security check doesn’t really happen. They may or may not do that. Everyone is short handed. It’s all fine. Resorts are great. We are at all star music.
Bedsheets changed 1x a week as opposed to daily 20 years ago. That's a huge cost savings on inventory, laundry usage and staff labor .

Raxel7851

Bedsheets changed 1x a week as opposed to daily 20 years ago. That's a huge cost savings on inventory, laundry usage and staff labor .
Now there’s a great question. How many Housekeeping CMs do they have currently, compared to let’s just toss a date out, 2015? Taking into account the Covid period. To @Lilofan point, with the resorts as crowded as they are now, that’s a HUGE cost savings. Are most of the resorts back to full availability, or are they still limiting that because of available staff.

IanDLBZF

wdwfan22

nickys

Premium Member

nickys

Premium Member
I just double checked on the DVC website.

From the page linked below, under Laundry and Housekeeping Services:

“Additional housekeeping services, including additional trash & towel service, are not available for purchase”.

CuteAsMinnie

Currently:
Grand Floridian: full service every day
All other Deluxe: full service every other day
All other resorts: trash and towel service every other day

They’re actively hiring, sometimes rooms might get more service than above depending on availability.

Room checks will happen on days that no housekeeping service happens. You can call housekeeping from the in room phone to arrange a preferred time for the room check or to request any amenities to be brought to the room.
We were at the Poly all last week. 2 rooms- 5 adults. One room rec’d towels and trash removal twice. No room checks.

For our room, we never received towels, but took them ourselves off the cart when we saw it. We asked a mousekeeping to remove trash once mid-day when we saw them.
TWO room checks occurred: First one adult DD was alone in room when she heard the knock and “Room Check!!!” DD replied, “no thanks, we’re fine!” A few days later we received another knock and announcement. DH opened the door to a very young female CM dressed in front desk Poly uniform.
She flew in, said hello, asked if we needed anything and flew back out. Very pleasant but DH asked, “what was that?!?!!” 😂😂
Guess I forgot to mention that might happen!

wdwfan22

housekeeping rules have not been consistent at all lately. I’m currently at Saratoga Springs staying on points. Been here two and a half weeks now and my room has been serviced almost daily. Very strange since when staying on points you only get full cleaning on day 4 then trash service later. We have had trash service daily and at least 5 full cleans. Needless to say we have been happy with housekeeping

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom