Cars Land After a Decade: How Are We Feeling?

bryanfze55

Most people here seem like they aren’t a fan of the IP, but I am! I like Cars. And I like Cars Land. I just wish the cars that moved throughout the land had mouths that moved.
Cars 1 and 3 are legitimately decent movies - I just think there are stronger Disney and Pixar intellectual properties to choose from. But most wouldn’t have translated into a theme park property as well as Cars did (see Toy Story Land). On that note, I’m still waiting for Monstropolis…

Professortango1

Cars 1 and 3 are legitimately decent movies - I just think there are stronger Disney and Pixar intellectual properties to choose from. But most wouldn’t have translated into a theme park property as well as Cars did (see Toy Story Land). On that note, I’m still waiting for Monstropolis…

Cars 2 is my favourite of the 3 with how bonkers it is. Cars 3 was an expensive nap.

As for Monstropolis, wouldn't that just be a generic city with puns and slightly adjusted trim/awnings? I know everyone clamours for Monstropolis, yet the Monsters Inc queue is pretty bland and even the Monsters University Photo Op wasn't something I saw being a wildly immersive land. Not unless Disney was going to add AA/puppets from windows and gags to discover. But seeing how they designed GE and AC, I don't see them doing that.

mickEblu

Cars 2 is my favourite of the 3 with how bonkers it is. Cars 3 was an expensive nap.

As for Monstropolis, wouldn't that just be a generic city with puns and slightly adjusted trim/awnings? I know everyone clamours for Monstropolis, yet the Monsters Inc queue is pretty bland and even the Monsters University Photo Op wasn't something I saw being a wildly immersive land. Not unless Disney was going to add AA/puppets from windows and gags to discover. But seeing how they designed GE and AC, I don't see them doing that.

I don’t think anyone really wanted Monstropolis. I think they wanted the Doors coaster and Monstropolis is just part of the deal. So we would of had a retheme of the generic Hollywood backlot with the Doors coaster taking over the Monsters Inc ride and all of those unused buildings back there. Who would have had a problem with that?

Last edited:

J4546

a monster inc themed land would be pretty cool in CA, i love the ip, and it would lend itself well to fun ride as well as oogie boogie bash

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom