Catering to the Uber Rich

JoeCamel

I don’t think Disney will have any problem finding 75 people to do this, I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t sell out before ever reaching the sales to the public.

It’s possible on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, etc… definitely not on Disney though. My gf did a 7 day Alaska cruise with a veranda on RC and it was under $2500, that would be $130k for the year, inside room would probably be even cheaper.
I don't care about the cost I was commenting on the purchase of such a cramped abode for a year. I needs my space. Sure I can go out on deck but in my jammies or less? Can I hang it off the rail and let go?
As another poster said it's my backyard so I should be able?
Not my cup so disregard this as just my taste

hopemax

If this was in 20 years, it would be right up my alley. Before Covid, my dream retirement trip was one of those around the world cruises. Our retirement plan is based on being able to do things like this. Friends of ours are doing things like this, after scrimping their whole lives. It's been fun to watch. We're curious if they try for this. I actually think the price is not that bad, given pricing for other ABD trips the number of locations, and the private plane. I would not want to arrange all of this privately. My concern is the time. I would be exhausted! We did the first trans-Atlantic Disney Magic back in 2007, 15 days, and that was exhausting and your at sea most of a week. I joked to my DH, by the time we got to WDW, I'd just be sleeping in the room and visiting the pool, but there are activities scheduled. It also feels like people who have been to most of the International theme parks would get the most enjoyment out of something like this. 2-days in Tokyo... I'd be stressed, if it was my first trip at trying to see everything I wanted.

Lilofan

I don't care about the cost I was commenting on the purchase of such a cramped abode for a year. I needs my space. Sure I can go out on deck but in my jammies or less? Can I hang it off the rail and let go?
As another poster said it's my backyard so I should be able?
Not my cup so disregard this as just my taste
For me on a cruise ship, visiting multiple ports, sailing around the world , personalized service, activities, entertainment , meeting new folks regularly, knowing the same cruise staff daily, food and drink , that is in no comparison to WDW, etc. Going out in my underwear I could do that at home for free .

JoeCamel

I don’t think Disney will have any problem finding 75 people to do this, I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t sell out before ever reaching the sales to the public.

It’s possible on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, etc… definitely not on Disney though. My gf did a 7 day Alaska cruise with a veranda on RC and it was under $2500, that would be $130k for the year, inside room would probably be even cheaper.
Do you want to live in that space for a year?

Sir_Cliff

I don’t know why anyone gets upset over this. You have not been solicited. If you’re worrying about duplicate rides, it’s not for you.

Maybe doing this prevents the price of a Mickey pretzel going up an extra 10 cents for a year.

Bottom line: no point concerning yourself with it.
Yeah, this is exactly my feeling.

Even if I had $100,000 to burn, I wouldn't be interested. This is such a niche offering, though, that I have difficulty feeling anything about Disney offering it and anyone taking them up on it.

I'll reserve my outrage for things like rising prices, reduced offerings, private parties that result in reduced hours which affect all guests!

Lilofan

Even if I had $100,000 to burn, I wouldn't be interested. This is such a niche offering, though, that I have difficulty feeling anything about Disney offering it and anyone taking them up on it.

I'll reserve my outrage for things like rising prices, reduced offerings, private parties that result in reduced hours which affect all guests!
How often are private parties that affect guests, weekly, daily , monthly? When a business firm will drop a few million dollars to rent out a park, WDW will not say no.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

I scoff at the price tag, but I wouldn't say no if a rich uncle wanted to take me along...

TheMaxRebo

This exactly - how does offering this to 75 people who can afford it impact the regular guest?

Always people with money that want to spend it on Disney - have VIP tours, Club 33, Golden Oaks, etc - this is just a new one

I don't this think changes how Disney markets and works for the other 99.9999% of fans

Vegas Disney Fan

Do you want to live in that space for a year?

I thought your first comment was questioning if it was possible at the price, but… if my choice was a room at a retirement home or a small room on a cruise ship traveling the world I’m traveling the world.

This exactly - how does offering this to 75 people who can afford it impact the regular guest?

Always people with money that want to spend it on Disney - have VIP tours, Club 33, Golden Oaks, etc - this is just a new one

I don't this think changes how Disney markets and works for the other 99.9999% of fans

I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up being a “networking” trip and written off as a business expense for some of its guests.

I have a friend who has a club 33 membership for his business, he says it’s amazing how often people who previously turned down a meeting will agree to a meeting and dinner at club 33. They use it all the time for business.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

My thoughts as well. Its going to be another way for "Dis is only for the rich" posters to flame on about how its wrong that they are catering to THOSE Rich folks. And instead prices need to be minimal, but instead is pricing them out. Disney knows they have a percentage of guests who do have the ability to splurge on this so why not offer it up and see who bites. If it produces results good for them.
Why are there realtors for exclusive costly properties? Why are there dealerships for highly expensive vehicles? Why are there dealers in expensive jewelry, fine wines, planes, yachts? Because theres a market for those things and a segment of the population will spend.

Lilofan

I thought your first comment was questionijg if it was possible at the price, but… if my choice was a room at a retirement home or a small room on a cruise ship traveling the world I’m traveling the world.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up being a “networking” trip and written off as a business expense for some of its guests.

I have a friend who has a club 33 membership for his business, he says it’s amazing how often people who previously turned down a meeting will agree to a meeting and dinner at club 33. They use it all the time for business.
Retirement homes assisted living in my area is $600 a day . That’s a no brainer - $165K annually - cruise ship in my private outside cabin sail around the world.

Jacob Marley

Traveling around the world for that many days with 74 other deep pockets? That would be hell. Unless those 74 other deep pockets are celebrities and compelling to be around. But 74 regular rich I will pass. Can explore every Disney destination on the globe on my terms and at my leisure for a fraction of this "bucket list" offer.

If this is your type of thing, God bless.

Lilofan

Traveling around the world for that many days with 74 other deep pockets? That would be hell. Unless those 74 other deep pockets are celebrities and compelling to be around. But 74 regular rich I will pass. Can explore every Disney destination on the globe on my terms and at my leisure for a fraction of this "bucket list" offer.

Being with 74 other wealthy folks? Sounds like interesting casual and dinner conversation to me! I’d be networking on top of that. One trait the wealthy have is to look for ways to get more rich. Usually looking for new business ventures and who knows ? Maybe a $110K per person vacation may lead to a business partnership.

Last edited:

mightynine

I don’t know why anyone gets upset over this. You have not been solicited. If you’re worrying about duplicate rides, it’s not for you.

Maybe doing this prevents the price of a Mickey pretzel going up an extra 10 cents for a year.

Bottom line: no point concerning yourself with it.
Having a discussion on a discussion board does not equal "getting upset".

celluloid

I will just go to Japan and get the immaculate and go to DLP for the unique charm for a lot less than 100K while getting to see the local culture on my own terms.

TheMaxRebo

Probably depends on who specifically is going. If it is like Robin Lopez and NPH and other major Disney fans then it could be fun. If it is just people trying to show off that they have money, likely less fun

Vegas Disney Fan

Probably depends on who specifically is going. If it is like Robin Lopez and NPH and other major Disney fans then it could be fun. If it is just people trying to show off that they have money, likely less fun
I doubt celebrities will go but if they do I agree it will likely be super fans like NPH, John Stamos, etc. The stories would be incredible.

Even if it just ends up being rich people these likely won’t be “normal” rich people but rich ”Disney people”. Worst case scenario you end up talking about Disney and traveling the world the whole time, likely end up making friends with several Club 33 members and Golden Oaks residents… that could be advantageous.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom