Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disney Glimpses

I think that is a reflection of how broken the system actually is. It isn't a simple fix, and can't be done by a simple price hike. The system needs reworking and I expect re-pricing. It then needs a relaunch to win back guest confidence.
100%.

I mentioned this earlier, but AFAIK, that will be surveyed to guests in the coming days, weeks, months. Lately they've been focusing on trying to understand why guests may or may not be satisfied with 50th anniversary and new nighttime spectaculars. Those more granular surveys will transition to Genie+ and will ultimately define the new program.

Disney Glimpses

The Ticket prices/resort prices differ during the yearā€¦.insert different wording of your choiceā€¦.pricing going to fluctuate during the year
Correct, but that's precisely my point. The prices are flexible to ensure a baseline level of attendance. That baseline means that Genie+ demand is roughly the same all year (with exception to notable holidays).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Talking about price rises, I also expect to see some discounting of Genie+ for some categories. I know APers have an issue with Genie+ even at $15, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some limited quantity made available to some levels of AP at a lower price point.

Joel

90% of the reason they changed the program (and name) was not because the old system didn't work well (though they did want to remove the pre-planning aspect) - but it was because they wanted to make something that looked, sounded and felt different enough from the free version so that guests couldn't complain that they are paying for something that used to be free.
This almost makes sense initially, but it shows either how dumb they are or how dumb they think we are. If everybody understood the game that was being played -- and we all did -- how did they expect this to be an effective way to avoid dissatisfaction?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Talking about price rises, I also expect to see some discounting of Genie+ for some categories. I know APers have an issue with Genie+ even at $15, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some limited quantity made available to some levels of AP at a lower price point.
Are you suggesting the ā€œhotel theoryā€ that I was assured would happen before this was rolled out and absolutely was not?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This almost makes sense initially, but it shows either how dumb they are or how dumb they think we are. If everybody understood the game that was being played -- and we all did -- how did they expect this to be an effective way to avoid dissatisfaction?
We are dumb and they know itā€¦but they donā€™t realize how bad they are at their jobs. Thatā€™s the X factor

Dad 2 M & M

after the return to the parks since Covid and people are frustrated at the prices and difficulty in planning and enjoying it the same as before pattern is over
That MIGHT be when the base returnsā€¦.but when will Disney NEED their base? Approaching 3 to 1 for replacements to baseā€¦.

monothingie

ā¤ļøBob4Evaā¤ļø
Premium Member
So the beast is once again uncontrollable. With FP+ they could at least fudge limits based on availability. With G+ the capacity quagmire really has an impact because now people are paying for it. So the obvious bandaid answer limit it and raise the prices. Meanwhile more guests get shoved to standby lines and guest satisfaction skyrockets*.

*For the select few who are able to get G+ and donā€™t have to wait while the rest of us are stuck on standby lines for the rest of eternity.

kalel8145

this-is-another-fine-mess-we-find-ourselves-in-this-is-quite-a-mess-we-are-in.gif

Dad 2 M & M

Correct, but that's precisely my point. The prices are flexible to ensure a baseline level of attendance. That baseline means that Genie+ demand is roughly the same all year (with exception to notable holidays).
Got itā€¦.just hadnā€™t heard the ā€œthereā€™s no slow time of the yearā€ in a whileā€¦..thought that went without saying
We are dumb and they know itā€¦but they donā€™t realize how bad they are at their jobs. Thatā€™s the X factor
dont have to be good at their jobs with ā€œusā€ in the mix

We self-inflict

At this point, I honestly think the plan is they want a certain level of dissatisfaction from people who aren't going to spend "enough" at the parks. I think they are actively cultivating it. They want a limited number of people to be in the parks that spend a lot of money each day, because that increases the chances that those same "whales" will return year after year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom