Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
It's generally easy to tell when people are using the bathroom as a bull excuse to line cut. If someone like your friend asked, I'd have zero issues with it. (And being mom to 2 autistic boys, trust me, I'm the last person to make assumptions about people's abilities or disabilities.)
Right, so you’d expect him to say “excuse me, I had to go and empty my colostomy bag. Would you mind if I rejoin my friends”? Because what you said earlier means that’s pretty much the only way you’d let him do so. But why should he have to explain his condition? In fact I thought that wasn’t even allowed in the US.

ImperfectPixie

Right, so you’d expect him to say “excuse me, I had to go and empty my colostomy bag. Would you mind if I rejoin my friends”? Because what you said earlier means that’s pretty much the only way you’d let him do so. But why should he have to explain his condition? In fact I thought that wasn’t even allowed in the US.
No. Just a standard polite bathroom request. Way to make assumptions about me, btw.

Like I said, it's generally easy to tell when people are trying to pull a fast one...how they ask is typically the fastest tell as they aren't generally as polite or humble as someone who really has to go.

nickys

Premium Member
No. Just a standard polite bathroom request. Way to make assumptions about me, btw.

Like I said, it's generally easy to tell when people are trying to pull a fast one...how they ask is typically the fastest tell as they aren't generally as polite or humble as someone who really has to go.
Hmmm, you’ve modified your position somewhat:
A single person, I have no issue with. More than one? No way.
But glad to hear that you take a more lenient view in real life than the impression you’ve given so far here.👍

ImperfectPixie

Hmmm, you’ve modified your position somewhat:

But glad to hear that you take a more lenient view in real life than the impression you’ve given so far here.👍
I was generalizing. *Most* of the time, an adult will be alone when they ask to leave line to use the bathroom.

Ayla

It sounds like Disney is having all kinds of issues this morning. There was a problem with the monorail, so guests were "awarded" Lightning Lane passes.

Now, I'm reading about a total tech outage ~ no magic bands, no mobile ordering, can't make any reservations, etc.

It isn't going to be a fun day for customers (or CM's).

Rich Brownn

I was at Corrowinds one year when a lady tried to push into the line to meet up with her husband. The attendant told her no, but he would be glad to bring her husband back down to her. When she pushed he advised her he could also show her where the exit to the park was. She stepped down and the husband came back down.

Disney Analyst

It sounds like Disney is having all kinds of issues this morning. There was a problem with the monorail, so guests were "awarded" Lightning Lane passes.

Now, I'm reading about a total tech outage ~ no magic bands, no mobile ordering, can't make any reservations, etc.

It isn't going to be a fun day for customers (or CM's).

Yeah, Amazon Web Services went down.

Purduevian

I decided to look at Thrilldata (that tracks G+ return times) for Friday November 26th (day after thanksgiving). Also to make it fair for those that think these things go at 7am on the dot, I will assume a 10 minute delay on each G+ selection from the ideal time to try to book one. Finally, I will not select a LL that looks like someone randomly canceled. I also included the Touring plans wait time to show what kind of line would have been skipped, I assumed each LL would take 15 mins IF the standby line was longer than that.

Magic Kingdom (total time saved 230 minutes) [$0.07 per minute]EPCOT (total time saved 40 minutes) [$0.38 per minute]Hollywood Studios (Total Time Saved 75) [$0.20 per minute]Animal Kingdom (Total Time saved 155 minutes) [$0.10 per minute]
LL17:10am Jungle Cruise @5pm (110)7:10am Soarin @3:45 (55)7:10am ToT@12:45pm (60)7:10am Safari @2:05pm (60)
LL211:10am Peter Pan @2:30pm (90)12:10pm Mission Space @4:15 (15)11:10am TSMM@6:30pm (45)10:10am Dinosaur @1:45pm (55)
LL31:20pm Splash Mountain @7pm (50)2:20pm SSE @445pm (25)1:20pm ST@4:30pm (10)12:20pm NRJ @7:30pm (85)
LL43:30PM Pooh @6:45 (40)4:30pm LwtL @5:15pm (5)3:30PM Muppet @3:452:30pm Bug @6:30pm
LL55:40PM Buzz @ 8:30PM (5)6:40pm Nemo @6:45pm (5)3:55PM BatB @4:45pm
LL67:50PM Mermaid @8:50pm (5)6:55pm Figment @6:55pm (5)4:55pm Frozen @6:05pm

Sources:

G00fyDad

And you get to ride whilst your wife has to skip it? You could of course leave with her and then rejoin the line after she’s been to the restroom. Even if she says she doesn’t mind, I bet she does sometimes.
So I should take my kids out of the attraction line when she tells me to keep them there and let them ride? Seriously??

Disneyson

After reading an article on the Forbidden Site, I have been wondering about what Cast Members will do about recovery situations.

While it is easy enough to do a single access to a Lightning Lane queue for those that have not purchased Genie+, what good is a "multiple experience" pass for someone who already has Genie+? I can't imagine that this is going to help someone who already, essentially, had all their fastpasses ready to go. I guess it's a minor time-saver?

It seems like recovery situations favor those who haven't dropped Genie+ money and leave those who have purchased SOL.

UNCgolf

I decided to look at Thrilldata (that tracks G+ return times) for Friday November 26th (day after thanksgiving). Also to make it fair for those that think these things go at 7am on the dot, I will assume a 10 minute delay on each G+ selection from the ideal time to try to book one. Finally, I will not select a LL that looks like someone randomly canceled. I also included the Touring plans wait time to show what kind of line would have been skipped, I assumed each LL would take 15 mins IF the standby line was longer than that.

Magic Kingdom (total time saved 230 minutes) [$0.07 per minute]EPCOT (total time saved 40 minutes) [$0.38 per minute]Hollywood Studios (Total Time Saved 75) [$0.20 per minute]Animal Kingdom (Total Time saved 155 minutes) [$0.10 per minute]
LL17:10am Jungle Cruise @5pm (110)7:10am Soarin @3:45 (55)7:10am ToT@12:45pm (60)7:10am Safari @2:05pm (60)
LL211:10am Peter Pan @2:30pm (90)12:10pm Mission Space @4:15 (15)11:10am TSMM@6:30pm (45)10:10am Dinosaur @1:45pm (55)
LL31:20pm Splash Mountain @7pm (50)2:20pm SSE @445pm (25)1:20pm ST@4:30pm (10)12:20pm NRJ @7:30pm (85)
LL43:30PM Pooh @6:45 (40)4:30pm LwtL @5:15pm (5)3:30PM Muppet @3:452:30pm Bug @6:30pm
LL55:40PM Buzz @ 8:30PM (5)6:40pm Nemo @6:45pm (5)3:55PM BatB @4:45pm
LL67:50PM Mermaid @8:50pm (5)6:55pm Figment @6:55pm (5)4:55pm Frozen @6:05pm

Sources:

That backs up my hypothesis. It's almost always going to be worth it at the Magic Kingdom, but at DHS and EPCOT, you're probably only going to get one or two rides where it makes any real difference (essentially turning them into extra ILLs).

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
After reading an article on the Forbidden Site, I have been wondering about what Cast Members will do about recovery situations.

While it is easy enough to do a single access to a Lightning Lane queue for those that have not purchased Genie+, what good is a "multiple experience" pass for someone who already has Genie+? I can't imagine that this is going to help someone who already, essentially, had all their fastpasses ready to go. I guess it's a minor time-saver?

It seems like recovery situations favor those who haven't dropped Genie+ money and leave those who have purchased SOL.
I would think the multi experience pass is an extra, so it means someone can ride something for which the return times are pushed well out or even not available.

G00fyDad

Didn’t realise you had kids with you. My bad.

This upcoming trip will be our first without small children. Well, my son was 10 the last time we went and he will be 19 when we go again. At this point if my wife gets out of line again for her IBS then I will leave with her and my son and his girlfriend can stay in line.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But of course, the most righteous members of the public often seem to believe they have an inbuilt ability to identify someone with a hidden condition or disability so can immediately tell who’s faking it. 😡

Like the disabled services - those who do need face unnecessary scrutiny because of the selfish people that abuse the graces and the reality that disney refuses to address the problem.

TL DR abuse is real and people are motivated to intervene because Disney themselves won’t

Thepuma

Whilst I agree it’s annoying, and the example given of the girls with their coffee seems somewhat clear cut as queue jumpers, I do take exception to a blanket policy fo refusal to accept there could be a valid reason.

A friend of mine has just had to start using a colostomy bag. If he needs to empty it, it really needs to happen PDQ, certainly whilst he gets used to it. And certainly at the moment he would also need someone to accompany him to assist. I doubt you would realise that if you encountered him trying to rejoin his group, yet I would suggest it’s a reasonable situation. Of course he could probably ask for a DAS but maybe some people don’t feel they really need that kind of accommodation.

Oh, and he’s 28 by the way, not an older gentleman that some might give a pass to. I hope he never meets either of you, albeit at least one of you is never going back so the chances are halved.

But of course, the most righteous members of the public often seem to believe they have an inbuilt ability to identify someone with a hidden condition or disability so can immediately tell who’s faking it. 😡
I respectfully think you missed the point. If someone comes out of the queue yes, of course they should come back in...but people just wandering through the line saying they are meeting with family /friends further up the queue is not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom