Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JMcMahonEsq

$11 dollars is a bargain for LL for Rat. For basic at cost of an order of ravioli at Tuscany cart, I am skipping easily a 40min wait, and that was assuming I won lottery for a boarding group, which I didn’t as I am not on property this trip

Thepuma

$11 dollars is a bargain for LL for Rat. For basic at cost of an order of ravioli at Tuscany cart, I am skipping easily a 40min wait, and that was assuming I won lottery for a boarding group, which I didn’t as I am not on property this trip
My bad..yep, at 7am when the G+ window opened.

JMcMahonEsq

2 notes. I had never thought much of the Candlelight Processional. I had not seen it before so it wasn’t that I didn’t like it, just didn’t think it was something that held my interest. I had chance to see it tonight and it was amazing. I would go back again to see it in a heartbeat and would highly recommend it. Second Rattatoue was an amazing ride. Well worth the LL charge, and a great addition to the park.

Touchdown

2 notes. I had never thought much of the Candlelight Processional. I had not seen it before so it wasn’t that I didn’t like it, just didn’t think it was something that held my interest. I had chance to see it tonight and it was amazing. I would go back again to see it in a heartbeat and would highly recommend it. Second Rattatoue was an amazing ride. Well worth the LL charge, and a great addition to the park.
Candlelight is the best theme park production (I don’t count spectaculars, they’re their own category) I have witnessed anywhere. It’s the best part of Christmas at WDW.

wutisgood

Candlelight is the best theme park production (I don’t count spectaculars, they’re their own category) I have witnessed anywhere. It’s the best part of Christmas at WDW.
If you consider the ice skating show and fireworks that happen after as a single production seaworld has my favorite christmas production.

Touchdown

If you consider the ice skating show and fireworks that happen after as a single production seaworld has my favorite christmas production.
That one is good too, but doesn’t quite get into my top three (Candlelight, Christmas in the Smokies @ Dollywood and Celtic Fire @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg.)

matt9112

Not trying to diminish your experience or say that it was not horrible for you but...

1) Typically that panic is a direct result of the person and not the situation. Relax and just refresh the app over and over. Your desired LL will probably come up.

2) If you pay attention to those on this board that have been since this disaster started then you can be reasonably sure which attraction to RD.

3) Yeah. That would be a little hectic. I am glad we are staying on-site so that will not be an issue for us but I do understand your frustration.

4) That has been the way it has been since the introduction of FP+. Irritating but nothing new.

5) Refresh 2 to 5 minutes after park open and they will re-populate. (At least that is what is being reported.) Disney slow drops more throughout the day. Thanksgiving week blew up in their faces though and I imagine any other busy week will be the same way.

6) Yeah. That would **** me off too. You would think that with as much money as Disney parks make that they could keep these things running smoothly.

Soooo stare at your phone your entire trip or....have a bad trip i guess? Lol glad this is where the state of the parks are.

All i heard in that entire post was but just do it this way x100.....

JMcMahonEsq

Soooo stare at your phone your entire trip or....have a bad trip i guess? Lol glad this is where the state of the parks are.

All i heard in that entire post was but just do it this way x100.....
Stare at you phone? That’s just silly and no where close to how genie actually works. I am sitting waiting for the 3pm lion king show now, and genie could not be more simple to use. Hit your first choices at 7am or at park open (depending on your stay location). Then make your next genie at 11. When you scan into your first Genie reservation, while walking in line, make your other choice. It’s simply a click twice system, takes 5seconds if that. While I liked being able to plan my rides 60’days out, and to take advantage of being on property for better selections the genie plus system is easier to use, and takes no time at all.

BrianLo

Anecdotally I used my phone far less than my MaxPass or FP+ experiences. Largely that was due to the inability to modify reservations. I spent a great deal of time refreshing and optimizing, previously. Now once I found something I liked I moved on.

JMcMahonEsq

Anecdotally I used my phone far less than my MaxPass or FP+ experiences. Largely that was due to the inability to modify reservations. I spent a great deal of time refreshing and optimizing, previously. Now once I found something I liked I moved on.
Totally agree. Other than the 1min making my next genie plus reservation i haven’t been on the phone at all. I don’t bother watching wait times as we are simply bouncing from genie stop to genie stop

matt9112

Stare at you phone? That’s just silly and no where close to how genie actually works. I am sitting waiting for the 3pm lion king show now, and genie could not be more simple to use. Hit your first choices at 7am or at park open (depending on your stay location). Then make your next genie at 11. When you scan into your first Genie reservation, while walking in line, make your other choice. It’s simply a click twice system, takes 5seconds if that. While I liked being able to plan my rides 60’days out, and to take advantage of being on property for better selections the genie plus system is easier to use, and takes no time at all.

Its more so the refreshing....you know looking for the handful of things you can't get because they sell out....even in a que looking at the phone eh? When i had my AP i hoenstly sometiems left the phone in the car. I visit to escape....simple. obviously we disagree. In sny case keep defending this company for its greed and see how well it works out. Look i have no dog in this fight i will likely never get a chance to try genie. For me its a morality thing.

Jrb1979

Its more so the refreshing....you know looking for the handful of things you can't get because they sell out....even in a que looking at the phone eh? When i had my AP i hoenstly sometiems left the phone in the car. I visit to escape....simple. obviously we disagree. In sny case keep defending this company for its greed and see how well it works out. Look i have no dog in this fight i will likely never get a chance to try genie. For me its a morality thing.
You want to ignore your phone at a park? Visit other parks where you don't have to schedule your LL

Jeff4272

Ummm. That’s 100% NOT how it works.

you need to be on your phone all day long

We were there thanksgiving week and we were up early every day, on our phones all day long to try and get better rides since nothing was available after 7am. Oh and it was expensive as hell

Genie+ was stressful, expensive and exhausting and we couldn’t get on rotr and fop with 2+ hour waits, had multiple mde glitches, had rides overlap with park hop plans, had rides overlap with dining reservations. Waking my whole family up at 6:50am EVERY day is not my idea of a vacation. And it was so busy there was nothing good available (if anything g at all) when tou went for your second genie+ choice

this is the worst system I’ve ever seen

Genie is awful and we are done w Disney

Last edited:

JMcMahonEsq

Why would you keep looking at your phone and refreshing? Once you have locked your genie choices you don’t get another for 2 hours or when you use a genie selection. There is no reason to keep refreshing when you have no selection available. You are only on your phone when a) your two hour time is up or b) the second after you swiped into a genie selection.

JMcMahonEsq

Ummm. That’s 100% NOT how it works.

you need to be on your phone all day long

We were there thanksgiving week and we were up early every day, on our phones all day long to try and get better rides since nothing was available after 7am. Oh and it was expensive as hell

Genie+ was stressful, expensive and exhausting and we couldn’t get on rotr and fop with 2+ hour waits, had multiple mde glitches, had rides overlap with park hop plans, had rides overlap with dining reservations. Waking my whole family up at 6:50am EVERY day is not my idea of a vacation. And it was so busy there was nothing good available (if anything g at all) when tou went for your second genie+ choice

this is the worst system I’ve ever seen

Genie is awful and we are done w Disney
If your on your phone all day using Genie plus your doing it wrong. It’s a one time log in at 7am or park opening for your LL buys. That’s it for that portion of genie.
Then you make your first genie plus selection. It’s not that hard. Honestly if you find that stressful I don’t know how you cross the street. I also have no idea why your “waking your whole family up at 6:50 every day”. I mean can you not be trusted to operate a phone by yourself? Do you need someone to hold your hand when you click select? It only takes 1 person per party to make LL or genie selections. There’s no reason to wake everyone up.

Honestly If you couldn’t manage such a simple click and confirm interface on your own, and find it “too stressful” it’s probably good your done with Disney as you would likely be run over by a scooter while trying to gather your whole party around your phone to make a genie selection in park.

disneygeek90

Just to clarify, you don’t need to stay on property to try for a boarding group. I got group 31 for Rat yesterday (Saturday). About 30-35 minutes for queue + ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom