Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Did Test Track run out of Genie+ timeslots early this afternoon? When I checked about 1pm or 1:30pm EST it showed LL no longer available and still does. Remy also sold out of ILL fairly early today which I don't remember happening before.

Is it just that it's Saturday and Food & Wine?

Animaniac93-98

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Yes. Prices are higher. But if you're on a multi-day pass and your blended daily is roughly $80 per day

IMO 3 of the 4 WDW parks are not worth $80/day + tax.

And you'd have to buy a 6-day ticket to get that price ("from $77 per day" says the official site...hopping extra)

Paying an additional $15 (or more) to do the handful of things worth doing at DHS, or what's left of EPCOT just makes it worse.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

Only within each section; the list as a whole isn't necessarily alphabetical. Genie puts its "recommended" experiences at the top and then lists the rest in a different section titled "Other Experiences to Consider", so the attractions get broken up into multiple lists.

Maybe on iPhone it does. Unfortunately, the Android version does not appear to refresh when I click "Tip Board." 😒
The fact that at least one version has a way to refresh without losing your place gives me some small sliver of hope that all versions will eventually have that ability, though.
The Tip Board is alphabetical. Forget Genie suggestions.

Attachments

• 012D7005-D6C0-40FE-A720-AEA5B036B034.jpeg
    012D7005-D6C0-40FE-A720-AEA5B036B034.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 69

RoadiJeff

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Yes. Prices are higher. But if you're on a multi-day pass and your blended daily is roughly $80 per day, then you add Genie + at $15 and buy an ILL at another $15. So $110 for a day at Disney. And yeah, I get it. A family of four is paying $440. Or ~$3k for a full week just on admission and rides. I mean, that's not terrible.
I paid a little over $300 for a one day ticket to Universal, including a one-park basic Express Pass, a few weeks ago. Disney prices are not all that bad compared to some other parks nearby. There are people in the area who are willing to spend that much per day and Disney just wants to get in on some of that money.

Disney Glimpses

I've seen many people say that Universal Express Pass is a better deal than Genie+. I find that perplexing. I realize the differences are you can ride the same ride multiple times and don't have to make reservations but with the price of Express Pass for one day you could book Genie+ for a week and objective ride several times the number of rides that you would in a day at Universal with Express Pass.

drizgirl

I've seen many people say that Universal Express Pass is a better deal than Genie+. I find that perplexing. I realize the differences are you can ride the same ride multiple times and don't have to make reservations but with the price of Express Pass for one day you could book Genie+ for a week and objective ride several times the number of rides that you would in a day at Universal with Express Pass.
You can get unlimited Express Pass for up to 4 people for "free" with a $350 room. Try that at Disney. Oh wait. Really can't do that since they don't even sell an unlimited Genie+.

Disney Glimpses

You can get unlimited Express Pass for up to 4 people for "free" with a $350 room. Try that at Disney. Oh wait. Really can't do that since they don't even sell an unlimited Genie+.
Legitimate criticism but not everyone visiting Universal is staying at a premiere resort and not everyone staying at Disney is staying a deluxe. The vast majority of them are not in which case Genie+ is a much more affordable option.

Witchy Chick

Did Test Track run out of Genie+ timeslots early this afternoon? When I checked about 1pm or 1:30pm EST it showed LL no longer available and still does. Remy also sold out of ILL fairly early today which I don't remember happening before.

Is it just that it's Saturday and Food & Wine?

I’m seeing Test Track just a few minutes ago with return availability for 7:30pm

8D121DC5-D26C-42D9-820A-C22DEA7089C7.png

celluloid

Nothing perplexing about it at all when you have a family. As said, you don't have to schedule an Express weather limited or not. You also don't have to fight for availability and backtracking that costs you a lot of time and variables. Disney already increased the price of Genie a considerable percentage of its cost. The onsite express deal for the top level hotels of Uni blows the deal out of the water. Not to mention the current situation of park hopping. Walk into Studios and express some major attractions, hop on over to Islands of Adventure and use unlimited express there as you wish too all before the parks have even been open for an hour. Let's not even get into the refund policy if the ride goes back up at all that day on Genie plus.

UNCgolf

Legitimate criticism but not everyone visiting Universal is staying at a premiere resort and not everyone staying at Disney is staying a deluxe. The vast majority of them are not in which case Genie+ is a much more affordable option.

Sure, it's more affordable, but that's because it's a completely different product. Disney would have to charge even more than Universal does if they offered a similar product for WDW.

I don't know why people keep comparing them because the only thing they have in common is that they let you skip a standby line. Basically everything else about them is different.

JAB

The Tip Board is alphabetical. Forget Genie suggestions.
I know the difference between the Tip Board and My Day. I was talking about the Tip Board. Once you enter your preferences, the Tip Board splits the list of attractions into multiple lists with "Top Pick" attractions at the top, and the rest under "Other Available Experiences" at the bottom. I'm guessing you haven't entered any preferences, so your Tip Board is listing every attraction under "Other Available Experiences" because it has no "Top Picks" for you.

Touchdown

Frozen is really bad tonight with the ILL. In 10 minutes I counted 50 people check into ILL. The line is moving as slow as in the FP days. Very different from any other ride I’ve experienced at Epcot.

Jrb1979

Frozen is really bad tonight with the ILL. In 10 minutes I counted 50 people check into ILL. The line is moving as slow as in the FP days. Very different from any other ride I’ve experienced at Epcot.
People have been saying that about the other ILLs too. Not surprised as they are going to make sure those who paid for it get a short wait. Don't want there to be bad word of mouth for that.

Touchdown

People have been saying that about the other ILLs too. Not surprised as they are going to make sure those who paid for it get a short wait. Don't want there to be bad word of mouth for that.
I don’t begrudge them a short wait but if a ride is getting hit like this ILL shouldn’t be able to be booked instantly. LL had extended out of the plaza and is now in the hallway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom