News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Rasstuss

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread to see if this has been discussed. Does anyone think they will analyze how this goes and possibly open up Ratatouille in the same manner and scrap the virtual queue for stand by and IAS only?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yep, feeling like we may have lucked out with our 9/24-9/30 dates. Last chance to do wdw without Genie, standby for RotR so we could do that first day and get it out of the way. Hopefully get out of there before 50th crowds ramp up. Feeling pretty, pretty good (read that in Larry David’s voice)

Well that’s unfortunate. A few of us are quite looking forward to it.

4-6 hours… Has anyone here waited 6 hours for an attraction ever? At any point at any park in the DIS portfolio? I’m not saying it hasn’t happened ever, but I’ve never heard such anecdotes. Ml

Methinks Bob may have been inflating the numbers a hair to make investors think getting waits under 3 hours is a huge success.
Flight of Passage once hit 6.5 hours....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry I haven't read the whole thread to see if this has been discussed. Does anyone think they will analyze how this goes and possibly open up Ratatouille in the same manner and scrap the virtual queue for stand by and IAS only?
Rat is definitely opening with the VQ, and is then moving to Standby and IAS when Genie comes online.

CaptainAmerica

Honestly, I think Genie + and IAS will end up being a big win for Disney.

Just this ride alone has soooo much hype about it, anyone who doesn't go very often (like us) is going to want to pay for it if we can't get to ride otherwise. It's not like we can try again next month, or even the next year.
And I'm sure there are many, many people who will feel the same.
Initially, for brand new rides, I think you're right. But I don't think it's sustainable.

I've ridden Rise twice. I'll never pay a dime to ride it again. I might pay once to ride TRON, then I'll never pay a dime to ride it again. I might pay once to ride Guardians, then I'll never pay a dime to ride it again.

"I must get on this brand new thing to experience it for the first time" is a different level of demand than "this thing is still pretty new and I liked it a lot but I've checked the box already."

CaptainAmerica

Of the eight expected IAS attractions (Mine Train, Space, Rat, Test Track, Rise, Slinky, FoP, and Safari), I think only Rise and Rat will see meaningful uptake (at meaningful price points) to generate significant numbers for Disney. I just don't see anyone saying "yep, I'll pay $15 per person to skip a 45 minute wait at Space Mountain, which I've been riding since 1975," especially when Splash, Thunder, Pirates, Mansion, and Peter Pan are included in their $15 Genie+ purchase.

IAS feels like an afterthought. Genie+ will be the cash cow, because the uptake will be huge.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep, feeling like we may have lucked out with our 9/24-9/30 dates. Last chance to do wdw without Genie, standby for RotR so we could do that first day and get it out of the way. Hopefully get out of there before 50th crowds ramp up. Feeling pretty, pretty good (read that in Larry David’s voice)

Well that’s unfortunate. A few of us are quite looking forward to it.

4-6 hours… Has anyone here waited 6 hours for an attraction ever? At any point at any park in the DIS portfolio? I’m not saying it hasn’t happened ever, but I’ve never heard such anecdotes. Ml

Methinks Bob may have been inflating the numbers a hair to make investors think getting waits under 3 hours is a huge success.
Ohhhh…sorry about that.

I try not to talk too much about it. It’s technically a well built ride…I just have some IP/creative/operational issues with it.

ive ridden it twice and I liked it a little better the second time.

you’ll probably like it more than me

disneygeek90

February 2019 (2 years after open)
feb 2019.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Have you heard rumblings of the final attraction list for IAS?
I believe @marni1971 indicated that it would be two per park.

Mine Train
Space Mountain (presumably swapping out with TRON when it opens)

Ratatouille
Test Track (presumably swapping out with Guardians when it opens)

Rise of the Resistance
Slinky Dog Dash (possibly swapping with Runaway Railway)

Flight of Passage
Kilimanjaro Safaris

DisneyCane

Of the eight expected IAS attractions (Mine Train, Space, Rat, Test Track, Rise, Slinky, FoP, and Safari), I think only Rise and Rat will see meaningful uptake (at meaningful price points) to generate significant numbers for Disney. I just don't see anyone saying "yep, I'll pay $15 per person to skip a 45 minute wait at Space Mountain, which I've been riding since 1975," especially when Splash, Thunder, Pirates, Mansion, and Peter Pan are included in their $15 Genie+ purchase.

IAS feels like an afterthought. Genie+ will be the cash cow, because the uptake will be huge.
I would personally only pay for FoP once in a while, maybe. I'd never pay for a new ride before I know if it is worth it. RotR is a fun ride but if there was an option for a 15 minute wait to just go through the pre-shows and exit after the storm trooper area I'd do that vs. wait 3 hours or pay for the ride itself.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I believe @marni1971 indicated that it would be two per park.

Mine Train
Space Mountain (presumably swapping out with TRON when it opens)

Ratatouille
Test Track (presumably swapping out with Guardians when it opens)

Rise of the Resistance
Slinky Dog Dash (possibly swapping with Runaway Railway)

Flight of Passage
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Yesterday @Magic Feather indicated that they may only start with 6 or 7 total.. so things may have changed since the announcement.

Ayla

How lovely, we arrive on the 24th for our next vacation and staying on-site we'll have a 30-minute start on the daily admission guests. I guess I'll be able to enjoy my breakfast on HS days.
The 30 minute early entry doesn't start until October 1st.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I would personally only pay for FoP once in a while, maybe. I'd never pay for a new ride before I know if it is worth it. RotR is a fun ride but if there was an option for a 15 minute wait to just go through the pre-shows and exit after the storm trooper area I'd do that vs. wait 3 hours or pay for the ride itself.
If you are willing to pay somewhat for Rise and you are staying on site, the smart thing to do would be to rope drop rise, and then pay for whatever the other attraction is - assuming you want to go on it without waiting. It will cost less than rise, have less demand, and I'd write that off as my discounted paying for rise... Or rope drop rise and then go wait for a longer, but still early in the day, wait for slinky or MMRR, and then don't pay anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yesterday @Magic Feather indicated that they may only start with 6 or 7 total.. so things may have changed since the announcement.
It really makes no sense to try on space mountain or safaris…

slinky, test track and mine train aren’t worth it…but some will pay it.

and rise nor rat will warrant pay to go. They’re just modern omnimover rides…

So what was the point of this again? 🤔

…oh right…letting capacity fail as crowds increase for 20 years…right

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom