News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

sedati

I would think any disembarking would be through a docking door into an interior space. It just solves so many other potential issues if you were allowed to exit into an open air space.
Absolutely, yes. Which is why is see the additional work on the back of the building so baffling. It is a curved wall structure the same size and shape as seen on the front. This to me can only mean that guests will see it. That's what has me confused and also wildly speculating.

nickys

Premium Member
Absolutely, yes. Which is why is see the additional work on the back of the building so baffling. It is a curved wall structure the same size and shape as seen on the front. This to me can only mean that guests will see it. That's what has me confused and also wildly speculating.
Could it be that the building could be seen from somewhere else, so they’ve added this to make it look like a spaceship? Maybe from somewhere inside Batuu?

JoeCamel

The in-character theme is going to be broken as soon as you're in Galaxy's Edge anyways, though, with all the regular Disney visitors milling about. Or it will eventually, at least -- I think the sample itinerary had people arriving and riding Rise of the Resistance before it was open to regular guests, but they would still be there during regular operating hours.
It would be strange if Battu were empty. They would have to go with "it was abandoned" storyline? Just being empty unless they fill it will walk around characters.......

SWGalaxys_Edge

Docking at the Halcyon? - Just an educated guess from the latest picture from @bioreconstruct

I am guessing the shuttle (themed bus) will pull up (red rectangle) and they will have a retractable gangway (Orange arrow) connecting the white door to the shuttle.

1631536983287.png

Incomudro

I'm still hoping that the bus ride from the hotel to GE is supposed to be ground transportation on Batuu.
I'm hoping the hotel brings guests down to the planet, and the themed bus shuttles them to Black Spire.
If that's the case, no flying form of transport on the Black Spire side would be needed.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
The in-character theme is going to be broken as soon as you're in Galaxy's Edge anyways, though, with all the regular Disney visitors milling about.

Sure - but the dividing point is still interesting to 'protect' and keep the show going. You wouldn't go through all this effort to put on this show to have the whole segment ruined by the last 10%. So if you bother with show boarding the transport, and show in the transport, you'd protect the show getting out of the transport too.

Of course Disney could cheap out here and ruin all our fancy dreams and we could be on a mears operated bus... :) I'm still trying to be optimistic :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Docking at the Halcyon? - Just an educated guess from the latest picture from @bioreconstruct

I am guessing the shuttle (themed bus) will pull up (red rectangle) and they will have a retractable gangway (Orange arrow) connecting the white door to the shuttle.

View attachment 586645
Wonder what the purpose of that snaking ramp on the right is. Maybe some sort of emergency load/unload area?

UNCgolf

It would be strange if Battu were empty. They would have to go with "it was abandoned" storyline? Just being empty unless they fill it will walk around characters.......

Oh I wasn't suggesting Batuu should be empty. I'm just pointing out that as soon as you're there with a bunch of regular Disney guests wandering around wearing Mickey ears etc. you're going to lose the fully in character aspect from the Starcruiser anyways.

Although I suppose even that is dependent on the other people on the Starcruiser with you. They could already ruin it.

sedati

Could it be that the building could be seen from somewhere else, so they’ve added this to make it look like a spaceship? Maybe from somewhere inside Batuu?
I don't think it's being themed to look like a spaceship, just a more finished version of the building that's already there. The form matches the front treatment. All I'm saying is it will be guest viewable- from where and why I don't know.

The only other thing I can think of is if the shuttle has a window on the top that would open up in atmosphere. Looking up we would see the natural Florida sky and as our craft enters the structure we would see the building which is why they would need to theme that section. The artwork for the shuttle that takes us up to the Halcyon from earth actually shows such a window, but I don't believe the one that takes us to Batuu includes this (they are very different craft actually.)

1631546886307.png

1631547391520.png

JohnD

I don't think it's being themed to look like a spaceship, just a more finished version of the building that's already there. The form matches the front treatment. All I'm saying is it will be guest viewable- from where and why I don't know.

The only other thing I can think of is if the shuttle has a window on the top that would open up in atmosphere. Looking up we would see the natural Florida sky and as our craft enters the structure we would see the building which is why they would need to theme that section. The artwork for the shuttle that takes us up to the Halcyon from earth actually shows such a window, but I don't believe the one that takes us to Batuu includes this (they are very different craft actually.)

View attachment 586690
View attachment 586691

This appears that you're boarding a Disney bus which is themed as a transport on the inside but probably looks like your average bus to everyone else while on the road. Then when you reach backstage of SWGE you exit the transport and into a ST ship then exit from that into SWGE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom