News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Chip Chipperson

What a steep increase to couple with no more PhotoPass. And I'm betting that they'll add that $99 to each pass if renewing as a family (maybe $85 if they'rediscounting it on renewals at the same 15% discount). As A DVC member, the cost of renewing our Gold Passes just went up by nearly $500 combined for my wife and I if we want PhotoPass. I wish they'd let DVC members pick from any of the FL-only passes - but I'm sure they know how that would end up.

ToTBellHop

But on Sorcerer (which seems to most similar to the current gold), you now get the spring break/Easter week that you didn't have before, which seems strange to me. Easter week always felt significantly more busy than Thanksgiving weekend.
Maybe crowd patterns look different this year. Easter is pretty late, which tends to spread out Spring Break crowds.

Gringrinngghost

Epcot After 4, Weekday Select, Theme Park Select -> Pixie Dust Pass
Silver -> Pirate Pass
Gold, Platinum -> Sorcerer Pass
Platinum Plus -> Incredi-pass

Binder1_Page_1.jpg
Binder1_Page_2.jpg
Binder1_Page_3.jpg
Binder1_Page_4.jpg

Last edited:

tanc

In 2019 I remember Sam's club had a good deal on Annual passes, they were way cheaper. Wishful thinking but I hope eventually they bring it back.

Otherwise renewing the old pass seems more likely.

JohnD

I was beginning to like it until I saw the blockout dates. I'm currently on Silver which is good through March (thank goodness). The only blockouts for Silver are around Easter and Christmas and mostly June-July, which has always been fine by me. The closest in price is the Pixie Dust and there are blockouts throughout the year. Um. I guess I better look carefully at Pirate instead.

Disstevefan1

Here is the DPB announcement -

Unless I am reading this wrong, it looks like all passes include free parking.

Chip Chipperson

But on Sorcerer (which seems to most similar to the current gold), you now get the spring break/Easter week that you didn't have before, which seems strange to me. Easter week always felt significantly more busy than Thanksgiving weekend.

Personally, the blackout dates never mattered to me because we never visit during those times anyway. I can see how it's an improvement for some people to have the blackout dates switched and the local APs now have more park reservations available at one time, but that doesn't justify these increases while removing the PhotoPass perk - especially when it's not even included in Genie+, either, and we can all see that they at least got that included over at Disneyland with their Genie+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom