News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

Th3 DUd3

queue.PNG

Yep!

Th3 DUd3

I had to go backwards after I went to the screen to process payments because I didn’t see the monthly plan option. Luckily that worked.
Yes, that happened to me too. The page also gets buggy as the scripts are not fully vetted by QA so you see header errors with buttons and certain areas. I too was thinking... I really dont want to go back to the end of the line by going back. Fortunately that didn't happen.

Sailor310

I told myself I wasn't going to get caught up in the first day craziness......but what if the passes sell out???!!!!
I'm in the stupid waiting room.

Tamandua

I told myself I wasn't going to get caught up in the first day craziness......but what if the passes sell out???!!!!
When they sold 65th anniversary merch, people waited hours and hours in the queue but it took many hours for the stuff limited to like 2000 to sell out. I'm pretty sure these queues have about as much capacity per hour as Rise of the Resistance.

Th3 DUd3

I also have that gut feeling despite Disney saying that there is no rush. I do feel like it will happen later down the road.

Now that the old AP's are gone there is an opportunity for Disney to cap the amount of Key's given out at anytime without warning and reopen once the number gets back down to a certain level.

The rest of my body feels like this wont happen, but my gut is being stubborn and it's saved me in the past.

waltography

Disney itself has said they don't expect to sell out at all - in fact, I think they almost encouraged people not to purchase it today to avoid the infrastructure mess they're experiencing now.

Regardless, I bought my Dream keys and have three reservations set up for my sibling and I. Couldn't resist the pass after all. 😂

Tamandua

Disney itself has said they don't expect to sell out at all - in fact, I think they almost encouraged people not to purchase it today to avoid the infrastructure mess they're experiencing now.

Regardless, I bought my Dream keys and have three reservations set up for my sibling and I. Couldn't resist the pass after all. 😂
To be fair, Disney is running their server from the latest model raspberry pi.

Stevek

I was reading one of my more trusted Disney Bloggers (Disney Tourist Blog) write up today and as they said...

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY TODAY--THEY WON'T SELL OUT. Unless you want to wait in a 10 hour virtual queue, with your fellow fools--like us

Unless you have a burning desire to go today, tomorrow, the next couple of weeks, wait and buy when you are ready to visit.

mickEblu

Boy, I was on the twitter page for Magic Key. It's 180 degrees from here. There's just unbridled excitement.

Ignorance is bliss. And I don’t mean that in a bad way. They re better off not being consumed by the stuff we dwell on here. Especially those of us that still end up buying tickets and annual passes to the parks anyway. They re the other extreme though. Lol

waltography

Ignorance is bliss. And I don’t mean that in a bad way. They re better off not being consumed by the stuff we dwell on here. Especially those of us that still end up buying tickets and annual passes to the parks anyway. They re the other extreme though. Lol
Truly. After all the hemming and hawing I did I still bought a pass within the first hour it was available. 😂 Oh well, I'm glad to have a pass back so I don't have to stress about cramming everything into a visit but instead enjoy the parks at my pace.

waltography

Poking around the app now that I'm a Magic Key Holder Charter Member (what an awful name) and there are some Magic Key additions already because I'm sure we're all dying to know what you can get after a one-time payment of $1399:

• We get a key banner to the right of where it says "Hello [Name]!" to denote our AP status; not quite the same as having a physical pass, but okay I guess.
  • There's a new Magic Key portal section for key holders in the app: I'm not sure if it appears only to key holders or not, but the language seems to suggest so. EDIT: checked with my sibling who hasn't added their pass yet and it does appear to everyone.
  • In this section there's a welcome video from Ken Potrock highlighting the "extensive consumer research" they did to develop Magic Key, which—what? What consumer research did you do to arrive to a slightly worse AP?
  • More details on the Magic Key Terrace, which opened today and is walk-up only. It's the exact same menu as the Legacy Passholder Terrace, which was fine.
  • The "launch experience" is a seating lounge in the Starcade which we've heard about before. Open 9/1 through 10/30, 12-6pm.
  • There is a Mr. Toad-themed PhotoPass Magic Shot past the castle. Digital download is free.
  • There is a Hocus Pocus-themed photo op during Oogie Boogie Bash; I'm hoping it's with face characters because they took stills from the Hocus Pocus show at WDW.
  • There's some "Audioscapes" that are essentially full HQ soundtracks for rides like Soarin' or soundtrack mixes for rides like RSR.

Last edited:

aaronml

To anyone that purchased a MagicKey and used it: did they give you a paper ticket when you scanned it for the first time at the turnstile (like they do for normal tickets bought online)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom