Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

mightynine

Surely Disney has a better name for it? Tinkerbell's Magical Fairydust Pass?
"Individual Attraction Selections". It's like someone ran out of time and just copy/pasted from the Powerpoint.

ā€œLittle Susie had to use the restroom and then Johnny had to go to the restroom and then my spouse had to get the turkey leg and thatā€™s why we are two hours late to our *Individual Attraction Purchase* that we spent $24/pp so Johnny could ride RotRā€

Iā€™d like to meet the CM that tells this guest tough cookies.
"Sir, what you and your wife do in your hotel room is none of my business."

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Surely Disney has a better name for it? Tinkerbell's Magical Fairydust Pass?
1629406895121.png

flynnibus

Premium Member
Tiered, yes. Charge per ride, no.
Some of the systems are single use - some of them allow repeats. There are lots of variations out there ..

I guess 'better' is subjective, huh?

In terms of addressing the specific complaint - this solves it.

I've been saying for years they should do a weighted lottery... but people don't want to hear that either. So now they can just buy their way on... and the vacationers will.

dreday3

ā€œLittle Susie had to use the restroom and then Johnny had to go to the restroom and then my spouse had to get the turkey leg and thatā€™s why we are two hours late to our *Individual Attraction Purchase* that we spent $24/pp so Johnny could ride RotRā€

Iā€™d like to meet the CM that tells this guest tough cookies.

Why should they get anything though? It's their fault! :D

I most certainly would feel bad for a CM dealing with those people...

DCLcruiser

Lightning Lane = FP Entrance

There are two ways to enter Lightning Lanes. It is based on the type of attraction:
  • Tier 1 rides - Buy an Individual Attraction Selection
  • Tier 2 rides - Buy Genie+

mightynine

I really am wondering why they went with Lightning Lane. It doesn't fit with the Genie nomenclature at all.

Maybe they wanted to get rid of the idea of "Fast" but something that could imply speed or quickness? (Hi, Flash! Oh, wait, they don't own that one.)

Maybe LL could end up being a little longer of a wait than what you had with FP? And yes, I know FP didn't mean you didn't wait.

Waters Back Side

World Showcase needs their entertainment back, too. I know Chapek doesn't like to pay for things that don't add a corresponding income line item, but it's things like this that made the waits tolerable at the actual attractions.

I second this. I doubt they will ever bring Sergio back which is a shame. I think the Acrobats were not let go and will be back eventually unless I missed where they are not returning. Serveur Amusant still shows temporarily unavailable on MDE so maybe they will come back as well. Then again Matzurisa retired and they still show temporarily unavailable. I see no reason any of the ones not permanently let go cannot be back now.

wedenterprises

For my family, I have it all figured out. In the past, we went to Disney parks once a year with 10 day pass. From now on, we are going once every 3 years. That way, we'll have plenty of money to pay for whatever upcharge Disney can dream up, and still save money.

We can't go to Disneyland or Universal or France or Japan or Dubai or anywhere else because only the WDW Disney Bubble is good enough for us. We are one of those people who will continue with WDW no matter how much Bob Chapek raise prices. We are stuck. However, I will manage my money so that our total Disney expense will stay the same as always. Old Bob won't be getting more money out of me or my family, though I'm sure he will squeeze more out of others.
There needs to be a Bob Chapek+ part of the Genie app where you just send Bob your paycheques directly from your employer and he budgets all your families expenses, savings, school lunches etc. and then takes the rest for himself. In return he sends you a customized pre-planned itinerary, booked flights and rooms at whatever hotel he thinks your social class is worthy of.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But Cedar Point doesn't charge you an addition $10 to ride Millennium Force after you buy their Plus Pass.

If Disney Genie++ was $50 a day and included one ride on each attraction, then it's an accurate comparison.
If you keep moving the goal posts - yes, the comparisons differ.

The point was, no, not all other express programs work as one-price gets you all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom