Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TimeTrip

Now (especially for onsite folks) you have:
- Possibility to pre-book 3 passes before you enter the park (or immediately upon entering)
- These can be 2 Tier One passes and 1 Tier Two pass
- Get a fourth pass (only Tier Two) after you use the pre-booked Tier Two pass (or 90 minute after you make it).
- This cost to do this is unknown and variable, but at least around $25/person/day, but could be upwards of $45/person/day, or more.

While I liked MaxPass, I'm not sure it will be as beneficial at WDW. Should be interesting to watch the regular attending folks to figure out the best strategies over the coming year.
I was about to post and say "you can only pre-book 1!!!" But then I read it again, and you're right, you can still reserve 3 rides up front day of. I hadn't really thought of it that way when mixing all the options together. I suppose the only difference (aside from $$) is that it might not exactly be the same for those that would have preferred the 3 not contain the 1 or 2 headliners per park.

dsinclair

I just watched that Disney introductory video that was included in yesterday's post. I found it offensive. This was nothing short of Disney propaganda attempting to mislead its guests into believing that Disney was doing us all a big favor by eliminating free Fastpass. Obviously, Disney has concluded we are dumb enough to accept this as being true. It is becoming increasingly difficult for me to pay money to a company that treats its guests this way. With respect to the Genie+ planning feature, I seriously doubt that many people on this website will need Genie to tell us what attractions we should visit and where we should eat.
99% of the people who visit WDW are not on this site.

Waters Back Side

Unless I wanna ride an E that has no BG/VQ left and only $LL remaining. Then it’s a $4-$24 increase pp/ride.

But ya, it’s a simple $15 per day increase. On a trip most spend some hundreds pp/day.

$15/$500 = $0.03. It’s not even nickel/dime. It’s turning over the couch cushions for pennies.

The price of something is one thing. The unabashed and transparent search for the customers loose change is another.

I kind of agree. Especially that some previous headliners are now considered Genie + options where you can get a LP+. If you get to ride 4 or 5 rides a day then its like getting 3 free and an additional 2 for 15 dollars more..or paying 15 dollars for unlimited rides. Not trying to sugar coat it but its true.

The big hit is the new allotted headliners that use lightning lane. It could cost like over a 100 a pop for a family of 4 to ride FOP or Rise or FEA etc. Those are the ones that bothers me more. As well as waking up at 7am in the days you buy genie + or wants a Lightning lane lass for the bug rides.

matt9112

You guys are hilarious.

This is a $15 per day price increase. That's it. It's not more sinister than that. You're acting like they decided to rip out Splash Mountain and replace it wi...

Wait...

You are leaving out the whole tier bits....if this was 15$ PP period for what used to be fp than sure. But surge pricing is likely to impact far more rides than we think. ANYTHING with a long line broski. Peter pan....pay up....barbstormer....pay up lots of rides that just have awful capacity could be monetized. Furthermore it opens the door. Pretty soon they will be selling loot boxes and you get what rides you get 🤣🤣 in all seriousness though. Its just not needed.

If your so all knowing and its just a price increase. Why not just increase park tickets? Why invent an entirely new scheme....one word....potential.

Namaari

*Sigh*, I knew paid passes were coming soon, but this new Genie+ just takes the wind out of my sails. I'm a Type-A person and I liked how you could reserve a time for certain rides with FastPass, then plan the rest of your day accordingly. I envision having to get up early and scramble to reserve multiple spots in different queues (aka: RotR and Ratatouille) and if that doesn't work, resorting to paying individually for each ride to skip the line. I'm on vacation and don't want the stress of having to last-minute plan from day to day :(

Disorbust

Anyway, Genie+ is going to kill Disney World and Disneyland

If only it would. I have been on Dis forums over 20yrs and every time there are post like this with the impending doom to the Company, they come back stronger every time.

This was designed by accountants , not actually for the guests.Sure they will make money but the guest experience will suffer.

Can you imagine everyone logging in at 7Am to make their FP? What,are we going to see the pictures of "Dogs of CMS" like Amazon prime day? The "day of" planning is nuts, talk about a stressful vacation.

Lets say I plan Tuesday as my MGM day, make my Brow Derby ADR, but the FP are all sold out of RoTR. I guess the genie will give me a back up plan?

So how many lightning passes are they going to be selling? 20% capacity? 90% capacity? There have been times my standy by time was just as long as a FP time. Did we care, no, because we weren't paying for it.

If you choose to say the hell with the Genie and do standby, are your wait times going to triple?

Can you imagine how many guest will be running into each other because their face is glued to their phone to read the next push notification?

Planning a Disney vacation has always been like planning the D Day invasion, but this brings up a level and now you get to do it while your on vacation AND you get to pay for it.

matt9112

They honestly don’t care - I know that sucks to hear, but it’s the truth.

A big investment and infrastructure change like this has already had various scenarios discussed before announcement. Disney knew this would be loud for a bit, and they know mostly everyone will get over it, as they always do.

The few who decide to be done with Disney will make no difference and have already been seen as a calculated and worthwhile loss.

I think it sucks extra hard for many who quite haven’t accepted what Disney is, but Disney has been this way a long time now, dating back to the Eisner era.

I do feel for regular resort guests, who always stay on property and found value in that before. I personally never could stomach those prices, nor had any desire to plan my days so far in advance.

What perks did resort guests get before FastPass+?

E nights..... mic drop.
Try telling me disney has been this greedy since i have been alive again.

jmp85

People are still complaining about this yet they will still stump up to come

Has anybody on this thread gone and cancelled their trips after yesterday’s news?
No, but I left a nasty comment on Facebook. On a serious note, I'm not sure what we will do. We've been going 2-3 times a year and now we have two little girls getting ready for prime 'Disney Princess' years. Because of that, we'll probably keep going, but cut back on the number of trips. Was planning on taking the girls twice a year with APs, but I'm thinking once per year without the AP will suffice.

TimeTrip

Can we talk about this? The implication is that "oh yeah, day of, genie will get you your restaurant reservation". Over the past months, the amount of restaurants with standby and/or available reservations has been horribly slim. Unless they're changing something about DDP.
1629385003836.png

lazyboy97o

You have to wonder now what the ticket gets you. It gets you into the park and that's pretty much it. Well, there's the parades, but other than that...
Parades that aren’t running right now. And only one parade in the park that once had two and none in the other parks that once had one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom