Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

CaptainAmerica

Looking forward, this does place more pressure on the attractions with the Individual Attraction pricing. As in, the guest is going to expect a fantastic experience if they paid $15+ just for a single ride. That won't go over well if the ride's effects aren't working, etc (looking at you Rise of the Resistance).
Frequent visitors aren't going to pay per ride, and they're the only ones with enough knowledge beforehand to notice something like a broken effect.

ClareLouise

So $15 per ticket for unlimited? I was expecting worse.
No. $15/day just to use the genie thing to get into the lightening lanes for bog standard rides. For your 2 FPs for the really good rides you’ll pay extra on top of the $15, is how I read this, with pricing TBA. Guess that additional pricing will be dependent on crowd levels /time of year? So really no one has ANY idea how much they will have to cough up to avoid waiting 3 hours in line for say FoP on a hot, busy day in July.

jpinkc

Ok correct me if I am wrong
$15 per ticket
"ONLY 2" Tier 2 rides per day with Lightning Access no mention of what happens when VQ is turned on if you dont PAY
Tier 1 Rides are a seperate COST? Basically a SURGE PRICE situation (everyday) with no prices given.
Where is the list of what Rides are on what Tier (I think we can guess)
Where is the Value in this? Seriously someone tell me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Looking forward, this does place more pressure on the attractions with the Individual Attraction pricing. As in, the guest is going to expect a fantastic experience if they paid $15+ just for a single ride. That won't go over well if the ride's effects aren't working, etc (looking at you Rise of the Resistance).
…even if the effects are working…somebody fork $25 for that and let me know if the “force awakens” for ya?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ffs, can we wait until they DO something before getting pre-mad about it? Literally two hours ago I was in an argument with some clown who was convinced that standby lines were going away entirely and that every attraction would be pay-per-ride.

But standby lines are going away, I read about it on Facebook!! 😉

I’m more setting the table for the inevitable due to “unprecedented demand”. And February had been their usual price increase month for several years pre-Covid. You and I both know it’s coming.

tallica

This is a lot more palatable then I expected. MaxPass is fantastic at Disneyland. As for what are the “Tier 1” rides, I think those will be limited to the top 2 biggest attractions at each park - 7DMT, Tron, FOP, GOG, ROTR, etc.
You do realize that just because you can only purchase 2 tier 1 passes, this does not mean there will only be 2 tier 1 rides per park.

DCLcruiser

I'm mostly disgruntled that the Lightning Lane logo is "LL" and not a staggered LL to make a lightning bolt

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 5.25.09 PM.png

SarahWI

I suspect you’ll still get given a return time, not be allowed to just walk on instantly.

apparently DAS holders can prebook 2 attractions of their choosing prior to arrival and will be able to self schedule return times throughout the day on their own.

i realize I sound like a jerk but a) this will encourage abuse and b) I have to pay for something that they are being given free.

Heck I’d pay extra to schedule my 2 rides in advance.

CaptainAmerica

But standby lines are going away, I read about it on Facebook!! 😉

I’m more setting the table for the inevitable due to “unprecedented demand”. And February had been their usual price increase month for several years pre-Covid. You and I both know it’s coming.
I expect the pricing to be extremely dynamic, but maybe I'm wrong. Instead of "$15 for all of 2022," I expect surge pricing the week of Christmas and that sort of thing. Tron opening day (and the year following), etc.

arich35

Biggest question in this whole thing is if you can buy them on select days while you are staying at a Disney resort. Maybe I wouldn't buy + on the Animal Kingdom day and just pay to ride FOP if it is $15 per person. Or are you allowed to buy it the day of if the lines are just too much?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom