Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
is the food at Disney restaurants such.as Chef Mickeys much, any., better then Golden Corral.

A poster described ,Golden Corral as the Wal Mart of restaurants..
I get the impression some posters don't think Golden Corral is worthy of the ,Celebration address they claim
No
Yes
Yes (but that one is rather flimsy)

correcaminos

I don’t understand why this wasn’t planned for/a priority? Normal policies must be evaluated in abnormal times
I am confused by this statement. Why are you saying it wasn't a priority? Kids are harder to get right doses. If you read through Phase 1 participants getting severely ill over too high of a dose, would you want to do that for kids just to go faster? They're being safe though I totally understand the worry people have for kids. It'll likely get approval within a month once submitted.

hopemax

is the food at Disney restaurants such.as Chef Mickeys much, any., better then Golden Corral.
No it’s not. I didn’t end up in the restroom after my dinner last night. Can’t say the same following our 2 lunches at Disney. Also, dinner last night cost less than our lunch at Docking Bay 7. And our character-less Ohana breakfast. If characters were still there, one breakfast alone would equal both our GC dinners.

Now, you do have to choose your GC carefully. The best one was in Chillicothe, MO when we were visiting Marceline. The Clermont one is okay, and the Celebration one is passable usually, but a little scary last night. The worst, was the other one on 192, and the one on Kirkman by Universal we avoid as well. I won’t go near the one “back home” based on where in the metro area it is located.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am confused by this statement. Why are you saying it wasn't a priority? Kids are harder to get right doses. If you read through Phase 1 participants getting severely ill over too high of a dose, would you want to do that for kids just to go faster? They're being safe though I totally understand the worry people have for kids. It'll likely get approval within a month once submitted.
I’m typically a rule followed by nature…

…but I think that maybe this should have been approached differently. But I’m not a doctor and getting pretty “practical” my old age. Kids are resilient and they are vaxxed out the wazoo…once hundreds of millions of adults in various states of disrepair checked out clean early this year…I wonder if there was another way?

Can’t rush the studies, but it should be put on expedited review once they are done.

that is acceptable to me. Doesn’t seem to be “regulatory urgency” and that more the legal approach than the clinical

Lilofan

I’ve always wanted to move to Canada. I ALMOST went to McGill and I regret not going now!
I never understood why McGill Univ was on the visitation sites on the tourist trail while tourists are in Canada. Probably that reputation of the Harvard of the North seems appealing. There is UCF which is not part of the tourist trail in Orlando.

Last edited:

Lilofan

A poster described ,Golden Corral as the Wal Mart of restaurants..
I get the impression some posters don't think Golden Corral is worthy of the ,Celebration address they claim
Golden Corral buffet across the street from Celebration is the go to eating place for athletes , athletic teams staying on Disney property and surrounding areas.

Virtual Toad

That’s not what their physical address says. I was mostly just indicating which one of the two on 192 we went to.

But the steak and ham were good tonight and the rolls were good. I have been in that one a couple times and this was the busiest I had ever seen it. Normally we go the one in Clermont which is usually old people, not vacationers. But like I said tonight we went to a Disney fan meeting at the Museum of Military History. 3 people from the Comedy Warehouse / Adventurers Club Improv casts were our guests. Well 2 + Fingers. So we ate where was close.
Kungaloosh! Those were the days. 😀 Which CW/AC CMs were there?

Virtual Toad

If children dying doesn't scare people into action, nothing will. It scares me and I don't have children and I'm masking up everywhere we go indoors, even though not required here.

I find any parent who won't wear a mask when required or fights mandates for schools to be masking up disgusting.
Imagine having to send your kids to school every day in a state that forbids anyone from enacting or enforcing mandatory safety measures. Because that’s exactly how Florida is treating its families and children right now.

Chomama

I never understood why McGill Univ was on the visitation sites on the tourist trail while tourists are in Canada. Probably that reputation of the Harvard of the North seems appealing. There is UCF which is not part of the tourist trail in Orlando.
Not sure if this is a tongue in cheek? If not, McGill was founded by king George the V and is a historic campus. It’s a beautiful place in a beautiful city. UCF is ???? A massive state school founded in the 60s? Not much to look at and yeah, well, they are different

bryanfze55

A lot of the vaccinated “residents” of Florida don’t live there during the Summer, so the actual number of vaxxed at the moment is lower then it appears. And the governor, almost certainly the most prominent governor in America at the moment, has been using that prominence and his executive power to actively work AGAINST any attempts to mitigate the spread of the pandemic, and sold merchandise mocking people trying to prevent illness. He deserves to be singled out.
Unlike most, I’m politically agnostic. This is more about how we are treating fellow citizens when we call out entire states. People should be a reflection of the sum of their individual choices, not a reflection of the other people they just so happen to share geographic proximity with. As a vaccinated person in a low-vax state, I’m sensitive to this topic.

Virtual Toad

Florida, explained:
A state with no restrictions
A go-to tourist destination
A belief that "it's all those tourists bringing in the 'Rona"
A wide-open school system
A state with lots of sand, which is perfect for its residents to bury their heads in...
This is absolutely the case. There is a fixed culture here against all common sense restrictions. Mask wearing, social distancing and vaccinations are seen as a sign of weakness among a sizable portion of our residents. Couple that with our status as a tourist destination (not saying people are “bringing it in,” just pointing out we have settings where people are jam packed together for hours at a time, every single day) and schools back in session with no required vaccinations, mask wearing or distancing, and the resulting case numbers come as no surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom