Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If you shut Disney down then I'll go to Universal. Shut all the Florida parks down and I'll fly up to Cedar Point or Kings Island.

Shut every park down and I'll recreate another way.

Your constant battling and worst case "nothing will ever be ok ever again" dread is so so old.
“Hey WDW CMs! We are gonna have to put you out of a job again because silly people don’t want to get vaccinated. Not to worry though. Shutting down the parks won’t make a bit of difference in controlling spread in Florida. Because the rest of the state will remain open, including places where most spread occurs. So we are doing this for no reason.”

Wendy Pleakley

Your phrasing here suggests that @Parker in NYC is calling for people not to engage in recreational activities, but I don't think that's what they're saying at all. There are plenty of things to do and places to go that don't involve crowding together in a theme park.

Are you saying there are things and places in this world one can experience that are not Disney?

That doesn't sound correct.

Chomama

What was mentioned wasn’t a talking point. As I mentioned. It’s an issue for many border communities. It’s up to you I guess where you think it is a significant issue.
I wasn’t responding to you :). I know it’s true, it’s also a great distraction tactic ni believe you and I agree that mass vaccination is the only way out of this. Shut downs, masks and social distancing aren’t gonna do it

Lilofan

I wasn’t responding to you :). I know it’s true, it’s also a great distraction tactic ni believe you and I agree that mass vaccination is the only way out of this. Shut downs, masks and social distancing aren’t gonna do it
Mass vaccination is the way to go. FL which needs a lot of help has Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami currently at 116% occupancy for Covid patients.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well I’m responding to you. It was disingenuous for the poster to respond to a legit concern as misinformation. And for people in places like McAllen, its not a distraction tactic. It’s reality. They have to deal with it. It puts pressure on their resources. And then adding additional covid cases on top of that….

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Mass vaccination is the way to go. FL which needs a lot of help has Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami currently at 116% occupancy for Covid patients.
I was hoping that it really wouldn’t be necessary to vaccinate kids. Meaning, we would be able vaccinate eventually but we wouldn’t have to count on these vaccinations to end major spread. Adults are really letting them down. And to be honest, i don’t think it would be enough to vaccinate all kids with so many unvaccinated adults around. They are the key.

JoeCamel

Well I’m responding to you. It was disingenuous for the poster to respond to a legit concern as misinformation. And for people in places like McAllen, its not a distraction tactic. It’s reality. They have to deal with it. It puts pressure on their resources. And then adding additional covid cases on top of that….
No it wasn't. I am so tired of hearing the party line that is totally fabricated. It is killing people, the very people it is directed at. Less than human to do this in order to get paid millions a year.

Chomama

I am not the best at communicating over text. Let me try again. I am not dismissing the seriousness of what is happening on the border. I find it deeply concerning although I do not know the best way to handle it. That said, in recent days the number of people coming across the border has been used as a talking point on many news broadcasts that are attempting to argue against vaccination and masking. They do not have to both be untrue. This is not a black-and-white issue. My frustration when people bring up that particular topic is that it is often in response to other people expressing concerns about the low number of vaccinations in a certain region or the desire to be more aggressive with masking. The reason I said that it was a talking point is that it is continuously brought up when people don’t want to address the situation in Florida or across the rest of the country. It is a classic example of whataboutism. It’s responding
To something that is serious and alarming with something that is also alarming, but unrelated, instead of engaging the origianl
Concern. There is room (or should be) to discuss both with some level of nuance. However, pivoting away from a serious issue by bringing up another one is disingenuous. Sorry if that still isn’t clear. I really struggle to put these thought into words

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No it wasn't. I am so tired of hearing the party line that is totally fabricated. It is killing people, the very people it is directed at. Less than human to do this in order to get paid millions a year.
I provided an example of evidence. If you care to ignore it or don’t think it’s significant to warrant discussion, I guess that’s up to you.

but to call it misinformation is being dishonest. Party line or not. The issue is there.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I am not the best at communicating over text. Let me try again. I am not dismissing the seriousness of what is happening on the border. I find it deeply concerning although I do not know the best way to handle it. That said, in recent days the number of people coming across the border has been used as a talking point on many news broadcasts that are attempting to argue against vaccination and masking. They do not have to both be untrue. This is not a black-and-white issue. My frustration when people bring up that particular topic is that it is often in response to other people expressing concerns about the low number of vaccinations in a certain region or the desire to be more aggressive with masking. The reason I said that it was a talking point is that it is continuously brought up when people don’t want to address the situation in Florida or across the rest of the country. It is a classic example of whataboutism. It’s responding
To something that is serious and alarming with something that is also alarming, but unrelated, instead of engaging the origianl
Concern. There is room (or should be) to discuss both with some level of nuance. However, pivoting away from a serious issue by bringing up another one is disingenuous. Sorry if that still isn’t clear. I really struggle to put these thought into words
Fair enough. Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it and understand where you’re coming from. Apologies on my end as well.

JoeCamel

I provided an example of evidence. If you care to ignore it or don’t think it’s significant to warrant discussion, I guess that’s up to you.

but to call it misinformation is being dishonest. Party line or not. The issue is there.
It is a non issue. Let's help these people rather than scream the sky is falling. Maybe maroon them offshore on a cruise ship like the former guy did?

Chomama

you are totally misguided. why would you only listen one source. Find multiple sources and points of view then make an educated rational decision. Everyone has an agenda and it is necessary to do your own research to filter out the bias.
So that’s not how the scientific method works. If multiple researchers follow the scientific method and reach the same conclusion it should be accepted. The scientific method was designed to rule out bias. Perfect? No. Better than my own opinion? Yes

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It is a non issue. Let's help these people rather than scream the sky is falling. Maybe maroon them offshore on a cruise ship like the former guy did?
I get it. To you it’s a non issue. Probably not a non issue for border states and border communities. It has to be dealt with one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom