Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianLo

At the end of the day the issues are Vaccination Hesitancy and prevention of sorting people. The science still supports ongoing restrictions for those unvaccinated based on current spread. Blame that group for ruining it for the rule followers and blame leadership for being unwilling to treat the groups inequitably.

It's beyond telling after all this hoopla and posturing... Canada opened the border and the US did not. It's our second year in a row that science and rationality has won out and given us a far safer summer. It's not that hard (theoretically).

DisneyDebRob

Why is it whenever I see something posted here or on the news that starts with “most”or “highest”.. the state of Florida follows. Love the state and people.. don’t like one bit what they are doing. So good to see smart and informative shop owners taking the initiative to keep their employees and customers safe.
Oh and welcome back Sir.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
"The United States will not lift any existing travel restrictions "at this point" due to concerns over the highly transmissible COVID-19 Delta variant and the rising number of U.S. coronavirus cases, the White House confirmed on Monday.

The decision, which was first reported by Reuters, comes after a senior level White House meeting late on Friday. It means that the long-running travel restrictions that have barred much of the world's population from the United States since 2020 will not be lifted in the short term."

"The United States currently bars most non-U.S. citizens who within the last 14 days have been in the United Kingdom, the 26 Schengen nations in Europe without internal border controls, or in Ireland, China, India, South Africa, Iran and Brazil."

Good move, we wouldn't want that nasty Delta variant to get here. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m so done. There’s more straw being destroyed here to justify that masks not be introduced (indoors) much less outdoors, that the plains states have no crop left whatsoever.

If Trauma’s maskless insistence applied to masks indoors, alone, THEN I’d give leeway to restrictions outdoors. Alas this is not the case.

Masks coming back, baby. No way around it. Just don’t go. Easy fix.
Don’t worry…I won’t let them get to you inside your hermetically sealed bubble 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why is it whenever I see something posted here or on the news that starts with “most”or “highest”.. the state of Florida follows. Love the state and the stuff to do.. don’t like the people one bit what they are doing. So good to see smart and informative shop owners taking the initiative to keep their employees and customers safe.
Oh and welcome back Sir.
FTFY

Mark52479

If they come back indoors, they come back indoors. I get it (whether I agree or not), given there is no way for them to differentiate between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. But coming back outdoors would be really strange...
indoors i see happening. Outdoors, I just dont see that. Chapek went so out of his way to say "hey don't worry it summer and hot and you wont have to wear a mask". If they bring back masks outdoors then I think THAT might hit them in the wallet a little bit. Indoors wont.

Turtlekrawl

not sure what’s happening over here in uk - 24900 cases today literally down around 30% same time last week and huge per weel drops. Now I would say it’s due to schools and end of football except India saw the same. Delta seems to burn quick through the population and then decline as quickly
Good news. Its burning through FL right now. I spent last week at WDW. Totally subjective on my part but heard lots more coughs and sneezes at the end of my trip than the beginning. My entire family came down with sore throat/congestion over the past 2 days, as we were leaving. Pretty mild. May or may not be Covid. I’m not going to bother with test because we are all vaccinated, 2 of us had subsequent positive tests, and all off work/school the next week anyway. Will camp out at home.

As a side, we spent 4 hours last Monday night at a Disney recommended Advent Health urgent care center right by DS. My daughter had a wrist injury and we wanted an X-ray. During that 4 hours, there were many people coming in for Covid tests. Most of them had reservations but still had to wait 3-4 hours (middle of the night at this point). Bottom line - it’s not as easy to get a covid test around there anymore.

I think there are likely TONS of undiagnosed cases. Delta will run wild in the short term, but we too will hopefully be on the downslope in a month or so.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
indoors i see happening. Outdoors, I just dont see that. Chapek went so out of his way to say "hey don't worry it summer and hot and you wont have to wear a mask". If they bring back masks outdoors then I think THAT might hit them in the wallet a little bit. Indoors wont.
I think TWDC would get ahead of this and just do it.

it could score some positive PR juju when they don’t have a lot coming in…

and some people will protest on places like this…but for what? Refuse to wear a mask in the line for space mountain? Grow up man babies…not a big deal

Last edited:

Trauma

it sound score some positive PR juju when they don’t have a lot coming in…

and some people will protest on places like this…but for what? Refuse to wear a mask in the line for space mountain? Grow up man babies…not a big deal
How is this positive PR spin when most people don’t want to wear masks ?

Hey let’s give them what they don’t want!

That doesn’t have a great ring to it.

Trauma

it sound score some positive PR juju when they don’t have a lot coming in…

Also you make it sound like this is a anti mask echo chamber when in reality it’s the opposite.

The percentage of people here calling for mitigation’s does not come close to the reality of the situation.

lisa12000

Good news. Its burning through FL right now. I spent last week at WDW. Totally subjective on my part but heard lots more coughs and sneezes at the end of my trip than the beginning. My entire family came down with sore throat/congestion over the past 2 days, as we were leaving. Pretty mild. May or may not be Covid. I’m not going to bother with test because we are all vaccinated, 2 of us had subsequent positive tests, and all off work/school the next week anyway. Will camp out at home.

As a side, we spent 4 hours last Monday night at a Disney recommended Advent Health urgent care center right by DS. My daughter had a wrist injury and we wanted an X-ray. During that 4 hours, there were many people coming in for Covid tests. Most of them had reservations but still had to wait 3-4 hours (middle of the night at this point). Bottom line - it’s not as easy to get a covid test around there anymore.

I think there are likely TONS of undiagnosed cases. Delta will run wild in the short term, but we too will hopefully be on the downslope in a month or so.

the chaos it has caused here is due mainly to our contact tracing app that pings close contacts of cases through Bluetooth (so if you are close to a future case even on the street for so long it will ping you) - the problem is that it has pinged so many people during this wave that our critical infrastructure is starting to fail ie cancelled trains, food shortages, shops and buisnesses closed. It’s been a nightmare and so I hope it comes and goes without such chaos in the US

Bob Harlem

Most notable from the Orange Count Covid briefing earlier today:

“On Friday, (there) was 1,031 cases. On Friday, (of) those (1,031) cases, no one was vaccinated. Not a single person." Also notable they were all ages eligible for the vaccination. Sat/Sun were slightly over 99%.

The link above is the briefing If you are curious. I suspect Florida will follow the India/UK Peak in about a few days to a week then fall down from there.

Trauma

Most notable from the Orange Count Covid briefing earlier today:

“On Friday, (there) was 1,031 cases. On Friday, (of) those (1,031) cases, no one was vaccinated. Not a single person." Also notable they were all ages eligible for the vaccination. Sat/Sun were slightly over 99%.

The link above is the briefing If you are curious. I suspect Florida will follow the India/UK Peak in about a few days to a week then fall down from there.

So no kids.

No vaccinated people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom