Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

CaptinEO

People do things they like for fun.

Artist creates pins for fun.

You, an adult, posts on a forum dedicated to theme parks for children for fun.

Rocks, glass house.
Yes and I can make "fun" of them too. Just like their opinion is that its fun to make fake Disney pins, my opinion can be that it's hillarious.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

Brer Panther

Found these storyboards for Splash. Interesting how many more of the America Sings bots were going to be used
View attachment 565669
View attachment 565670
View attachment 565671
View attachment 565672
View attachment 565673
View attachment 565674
Let's see... I spot an owl, the dogs from "My Old Kentucky Home" and "Who Shot the Hole in My Sombrero?", the Old Grey Mare, the snake from "Home on the Range", and two little rodents at the bottom of the lift hill. Wonder why they decided to keep those guys out.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Premium Member
A far more accurate representation of what Disney is doing with the retheme would be a pin of Bob Iger banishing the Brers from the park. Or a picture of Bob Iger forcing a nervous-looking Louis to eat Brer Rabbit.
Or it's them sailing off to have more adventures when Tiana and Co are in Chickapin

DavidDL

Why is it sad? It’s clever, funny, and looks professionally made. Whoever made this clearly has a talent for art.

Why is it sad?

My wife buys custom enamel pins from artists all the time and fills her Ita bags with Star Wars-related ones. Pins like these are a great way for artists to sell their work in away that's both fun and generates more exposure in certain fandoms because pins can be worn or used as decorations on bags, etc. They're super popular because con-goers get to show the art and their own fandoms off. Nothing sad about it at all, just folks having fun and supporting artists they like!

It’s also very warm-hearted. It ‘s like the picture of Toad giving the Deed to Owl in WDW.

This comment reminds me of this particular piece of art I saw last year shortly after the announcement. There's actually quite a bit of work out there like this.

73324059_2842061779239314_4269105065058059807_n.jpg

While we're on the topic of pins, artwork and Splash/PatF, I came across this official Walt Disney Imagineering pin on eBay:

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

..perhaps there may be something to WDI having considered this overhaul before last year? Certainly seems to have crossed their minds.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I think it’s because he knows that people who make art of PatF characters with the Br’ers don’t actually care about the latter and probably want them to be extinguished and are hiding it.
Always so negative. Maybe someone just wanted to make something to send the ride off in style? Ever think there's people who are in favor of the retheme and dont want the Br'ers erradicated

Kate F

Always so negative. Maybe someone just wanted to make something to send the ride off in style? Ever think there's people who are in favor of the retheme and dont want the Br'ers erradicated
I know that if they disappeared from the parks completely, they wouldn’t give a rip. A lot of pro-rethemers don’t respect the original Splash, they just want to see their favorite characters in there.

Rich T

A far more accurate representation of what Disney is doing with the retheme would be a pin of Bob Iger banishing the Brers from the park. Or a picture of Bob Iger forcing a nervous-looking Louis to eat Brer Rabbit.
Now, stop that. 😃 I’m no fan of the Bobs, but any CEO at this point would make the same decision.

The SotS Splash Mtn. made a lot of people happy in a pre-internet world where most guests had never heard of SotS.

Times change, social media is a thing, and SotS is a mediocre film full of imagary and moments that make today’s viewers cringe, wince and say What the ___. And those scenes are now all over the internet for anyone to see and be repulsed by.

Disneyland does not exist in a bubble. It never has. There is no way SotS Splash could have continued much longer. Thank goodness they chose a solid movie for the retheme with a music score that fits (the quality of the redo remains to be seen). Just be glad it’s not becoming the Pooh Sticks Log Flume.

Kate F

Now, stop that. 😃 I’m no fan of the Bobs, but any CEO at this point would make the same decision.

The SotS Splash Mtn. made a lot of people happy in a pre-internet world where most guests had never heard of SotS.

Times change, social media is a thing, and SotS is a mediocre film full of imagary and moments that make today’s viewers cringe, wince and say What the ___. And those scenes are now all over the internet for anyone to see and be repulsed by.

Disneyland does not exist in a bubble. It never has. There is no way SotS Splash could have continued much longer. Thank goodness they chose a solid movie for the retheme with a music score that fits (the quality of the redo remains to be seen). Just be glad it’s not becoming the Pooh Sticks Log Flume.
If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you never liked Splash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom