News Contemporary Refurbishment--April to Sept 2021

dreday3

I think I would like a microwave in the room. But then I'm not really sure I'd use it.

I definitely think each room should have a desk or a little bistro table for people to sit and eat or use their laptop.

Now I can't remember - don't most rooms have that?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I think I would like a microwave in the room. But then I'm not really sure I'd use it.

I definitely think each room should have a desk or a little bistro table for people to sit and eat or use their laptop.

Now I can't remember - don't most rooms have that?
I believe every room on property has some form of table.

castlecake2.0

It's an interesting area - I agree that the store should go but if you take it out it's a lot of unusable space. You can't really put another restaurant there and you KNOW they're not going to just make it decorative because that doesn't make $$$!
My arm chair imagineering would put chef mickeys in the wave, the wave into BVG and make chef mickeys into an upscale airport lounge style mixed shopping shopping and dining area ... still trying to figure out where the quick serve could go ...

drnilescrane

My arm chair imagineering would put chef mickeys in the wave, the wave into BVG and make chef mickeys into an upscale airport lounge style mixed shopping shopping and dining area ... still trying to figure out where the quick serve could go ...
Rebuild the pool pavilion into a hybrid QSR and outdoor bar like Disneyland Hotel + an enhanced grab and go market/coffee outlet on the second convention floor. Replace all the solid walls with windows and open up views to the lake.

castlecake2.0

Rebuild the pool pavilion into a hybrid QSR and outdoor bar like Disneyland Hotel + an enhanced grab and go market/coffee outlet on the second convention floor. Replace all the solid walls with windows and open up views to the lake.
Perfect! I get so annoyed every time I’m in Buena Vista Gifts and see all the giant shelving units they built in front of the windows. Imagine that was a bar/lounge/restaurant with those views

Skywise

It is Disney World. More Disney is unlikely to draw complaints

Everyone has been kvetching on these boards for a decade about how they’ve neutered the rooms and made them all into Hampton Inn rooms* well now they’re making them more Disney.

*of course the Hampton Inn brand standards have recommended a Microwave and required a desk for almost 30 years now, so who really has the nicer rooms...
I liked the old room designs.

I'm not against more IP/Disney either - it's just the slapdash way they're doing it. GF had lots of Disney IP in it but it was all themed to work with the resort. Mickey head victorian lamps, disney characters on the floor tiles in GF decor style. Yes they've got the Mary Poppins penguins front and center in the DVC but it's not "The Mary Poppins" resort. It just "works" in a synergistic uniting.

With these changes we're seeing the Contemporary become "The Incredibles Resort" and the Polynesian is becoming "The Moana Resort".
It makes marketers and bean counters job easier so I'm sure they love the "innovation" but it severely waters down the brand.

wdwfan22

We'll see. The initial plans, assuming they stuck with them, were quite gaudy. There's a very clear difference between how Poly's and Contemporary's refurbishment are being marketed.
The plans I saw regarding the refurbishment were on par with what is being done at the poly. I’m not a big incredibles fan but the rooms were tastefully done.

castlecake2.0

The plans I saw regarding the refurbishment were on par with what is being done at the poly. I’m not a big incredibles fan but the rooms were tastefully done.
On a scale of lack of characters in new pop rooms to lots of moana in new Poly rooms, how Incredible are we looking at?

mdcpr

If the Contemporary becomes the Incredibles resort--that's fantastic. WDW took what's an outdated resort which no longer looks luxury, and is making it retro. Brilliant!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Lots of work going on at night in the main building.
Construction scrims outside too for rooms they’re gutting.

76CB5DF7-CDA5-4CCB-947C-E7C284FF6BC5.jpeg

JMcMahonEsq

Based on the test room from a couple years ago, it would be a fundamental change to the room, not just décor. Structural changes to Bathroom and main guest room, not just paint and color scheme re-design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom