RunDisney Virtual Series 2021

Surferboy567

I feel like the “all 3” challenge came not only with the extra medal but also a pin? Or am I losing my mind?
Parks one came with a pin. It’s the only full virtual series challenge I have done since I started out relatively recently.

I am pretty sure the pervious challenge the marvel one came with a coin. I only did a single Iron Man 5K in that series.

Rteetz

Parks one came with a pin. It’s the only full virtual series challenge I have done since I started out relatively recently.

I am pretty sure the pervious challenge the marvel one came with a coin. I only did a single Iron Man 5K in that series.
The Pluto one came with a collapsable dog bowl, reusable towel, and a dog tag.

Surferboy567

I feel like the “all 3” challenge came not only with the extra medal but also a pin? Or am I losing my mind?

Just checked the virtual page on the website for this upcoming challenge. It too comes with a “keepsake” so an extra item is going to be included. What that is I do not know, it is worth noting that the pin, coin and dogbowl are all considered “keepsakes”.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I wasn’t either, but the DLP 5K in 2019 was Lion King themed so I already have a running shirt to go with the theme...
View attachment 545449

You never told me DLP had a Lion King themed race. ☹️

My favorite of the renaissance movie period. I'd wear my 25th anniversary Lion King t-shirt, but it's black, cotton and I live in Florida.

Show and tell Saturday.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I also wasn’t the biggest fan of the Princess medals this year when I saw them initially. After receiving them however, they are very nice. This challenge medal though is so well done.

The Princess medals have been hit or miss the past couple of years.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That’s never been rD’s M.O., unfortunately. Quite the opposite - it’s rare that they’ll make any kind of statement without it being the full/final announcement.

And it usually takes many runners by surprise. *cough* 2016 Inaugural Dark Side *cough*

LAKid53

Premium Member

Are you sure? I did that year's virtual and don't remember a dog bowl or tag, just the microfiber towel.

The Incredibles themed year came with a resistance band and cooling jel pack.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You never told me DLP had a Lion King themed race. ☹️

My favorite of the renaissance movie period. I'd wear my 25th anniversary Lion King t-shirt, but it's black, cotton and I live in Florida.

Show and tell Saturday.

You didn’t ask 🤣

And you never know the theme of the race when registration opens. I remember that in either 2018 or 2019 (the two years I went solo for the races) I hadn’t planned on doing the 5K but had to add it (and got one of the last bibs when they reopened bib sales for a day) because I had to have the medal 😉. So it was either the Lion King one or the Marvel one (Thanos and the Infinity stones).

I‘ve never done the 10K there (but @RunningKoen has, haven’t you?) so I can’t recall if the theme remains the same for the 10K or not. And the half medal has always been variations of the same theme - castle with Mickey. They had said that they planned on changing the medal design after the 5th year, and then would do another 5 years of variations of theme.

RunningKoen

You didn’t ask 🤣

And you never know the theme of the race when registration opens. I remember that in either 2018 or 2019 (the two years I went solo for the races) I hadn’t planned on doing the 5K but had to add it (and got one of the last bibs when they reopened bib sales for a day) because I had to have the medal 😉. So it was either the Lion King one or the Marvel one (Thanos and the Infinity stones).

I‘ve never done the 10K there (but @RunningKoen has, haven’t you?) so I can’t recall if the theme remains the same for the 10K or not. And the half medal has always been variations of the same theme - castle with Mickey. They had said that they planned on changing the medal design after the 5th year, and then would do another 5 years of variations of theme.

The 10K has been there for three years; the Flora, Fauna and Merryweather theme in 2017, the pain and panic theme from 2018 and the tangled theme for 2019.

There's no recurring theme for the 5K or 10K :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
The 10K has been there for three years; the Flora, Fauna and Merryweather theme in 2017, the pain and panic theme from 2018 and the tangled theme for 2019.

There's no recurring theme for the 5K or 10K :)

I knew you’d know the answer 😊. I was all set to do the challenge last year for my 5th year, which would have meant my first time of doing the DLP 10k. Ah well, hopefully there is next year 😉

Swissmiss

Premium Member
cant wait for 2022. For a WDW and a DLP run :)

Me too (at least for DLP 😉). Fortunately last year and this year I am able to do Run Mate on the same weekend that there would have been the DLP half, so at least it remains my running weekend. But the moment DLP starts up again I will say goodbye to my Run Mate team members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom