Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

BOO TO YOU!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Sorry--I couldn't resist & had to throw the above in!!

I had wanted us to do some kind of group costume thing but E said JSR would never go for it so we bagged that idea.

J was excited to be a postal worker!!
IMG_8068.JPEG

Or maybe not?? JK--he was!!
IMG_8069.JPEG

IMG_8070.JPEG

We left the treehouse about 9:30 & were quite surprised to find a cooler sitting on the porch with a garbage bag over top of it.
Not quite sure what that was all about but it was gone when we got back later that day.
IMG_8071.JPEG

Iron Man was back doing his thing so I, of course, wanted to snap a pic but I felt like it was too obvious for some reason so JSR posed with J so I wasn't so noticeable.
IMG_8072.JPEG

IMG_8073.JPEG

I shifted the phone over for a few quick shots!!
IMG_8074.JPEG

IMG_8075.JPEG

We were heading to Epcot but E was persistent on taking a bus to HS then hopping on the skyliner to get into Epcot from the International Gateway. She kept saying she wanted to get a beer first thing. Well, I guess it's 5:00 somewhere....
IMG_8076.JPEG

And she obviously meant "first thing" considering it was only 10:18!! 🤣
Also, sunny & 73 to us northerners(esp in the winter months)is heaven. Not sure what her issue was but all she kept saying was that she was cold!!
IMG_8078.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh my goodness he's an adorable postal worker!!!

That costume......

Post Office Letter GIF by INTO ACTION
J's costume is absolutely adorable!!! So funny that E wanted a beer first thing but was complaining it was cold at 73 degrees! I can't wait to be in 73 degree weather next week after this winter!!! Can't wait to hear about your day in Epcot!

I love J's costume!!!
The sad thing was that we weren't in Epcot 1/2 hour & he was ready to ditch it. So many people(guests & CM's) came up to him & told him how cute he looked, did he have any mail for them, etc. that I think he was embarrassed by all the attention so he didn't want it on anymore!!
First off I can't believe Stacey is gone :( I love the bags you and E bought from Animal Kingdom, I want one! J's Halloween costumes is adorable!! I'm looking forward to seeing what Epcot had in store for you!
I know--it's just not the same without her!!
Thanks!!
Great photos, and glad you finally got to enjoy the Wave! We're looking forward to breakfast there during our trip (especially the bottomless mimosas!!)
You're the second person now that has brought up their breakfast to me. I'm going to have to try that one of these days!!

Songbird76

The sad thing was that we weren't in Epcot 1/2 hour & he was ready to ditch it. So many people(guests & CM's) came up to him & told him how cute he looked, did he have any mail for them, etc. that I think he was embarrassed by all the attention so he didn't want it on anymore!!
Awww....that's so sweet. He must be really shy. When my kids were little, they would have thrived on that attention. My son used to wear his sister's Cinderella dress (because it's blue) and hair clips and nail polish, etc. My daughter wore them all the time, and everyone would always say "Well don't you look like a princess!" or whatever, and I think my son got jealous of the attention, so he started wearing the Cinderella dress and such to the store. He grew out of that a couple of years later, but I think he just wanted the same attention my daughter got. And my daughter was sooooo mad about having to wear white as a flower girl for my brother's wedding. She wanted to wear PINK! I have a picture of her pouting when my friend was doing her hair because she was sooooo mad! Then after 50 people told her she looked like a princess, she decided the white was fine and she didn't want to take the dress off.

100_4099.JPG
100_4101.JPG

This is where she decided she liked it:

100_4121.JPG

And then we went to Disney the next week and she wanted to wear the dress in Disney. It didn't last too long because it was soooo hot. But I was smart and had packed a lighter dress in the backpack for her to change into. I'm sad I don't have any pictures of her in the dress at Disney. I think we only made it down mainstreet and we were at Casey's when she asked to take it off because it was too hot.

My son in the Cinderella attire:

DSCF2114a.JPG

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Hi Riverside:)
I've been away from the TR's for a while, so just caught up on your TR.
I feel the same way about AK and the AK entrance. I just think the whole park is magical - it transports you to another place. WE always find something new (to us) to see while there. But we love the tropical settings. I guess that goes with our love of POR, the AB side:)
POFQ is nice, but I"m not a big fan of Mardi Gras atmosphere, and we miss our tropical POR:(.
But it is easier for my husband to navigate, so we will stay at POFQ for now.
Love seeing J in his halloween outfit, and all your fun times.
Don't know when we will be back, but hope to go to DL this year, when it opens.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Awww....that's so sweet. He must be really shy. When my kids were little, they would have thrived on that attention. My son used to wear his sister's Cinderella dress (because it's blue) and hair clips and nail polish, etc. My daughter wore them all the time, and everyone would always say "Well don't you look like a princess!" or whatever, and I think my son got jealous of the attention, so he started wearing the Cinderella dress and such to the store. He grew out of that a couple of years later, but I think he just wanted the same attention my daughter got. And my daughter was sooooo mad about having to wear white as a flower girl for my brother's wedding. She wanted to wear PINK! I have a picture of her pouting when my friend was doing her hair because she was sooooo mad! Then after 50 people told her she looked like a princess, she decided the white was fine and she didn't want to take the dress off.

View attachment 534914View attachment 534915

This is where she decided she liked it:

View attachment 534916

And then we went to Disney the next week and she wanted to wear the dress in Disney. It didn't last too long because it was soooo hot. But I was smart and had packed a lighter dress in the backpack for her to change into. I'm sad I don't have any pictures of her in the dress at Disney. I think we only made it down mainstreet and we were at Casey's when she asked to take it off because it was too hot.

My son in the Cinderella attire:

View attachment 534917
Your daughter looks beautiful!! Especially when she was smiling!!

Your son makes me think of Jan Brady:
"Marcia, Marcia, Marcia"
🤣 🤣 🤣

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi Riverside:)
I've been away from the TR's for a while, so just caught up on your TR.
I feel the same way about AK and the AK entrance. I just think the whole park is magical - it transports you to another place. WE always find something new (to us) to see while there. But we love the tropical settings. I guess that goes with our love of POR, the AB side:)
POFQ is nice, but I"m not a big fan of Mardi Gras atmosphere, and we miss our tropical POR:(.
But it is easier for my husband to navigate, so we will stay at POFQ for now.
Love seeing J in his halloween outfit, and all your fun times.
Don't know when we will be back, but hope to go to DL this year, when it opens.
Hello!! Unfortunately, I've been away for awhile myself. Darn crazy work schedule!!

It does feel like you're being transported to another place!! I'm glad J likes Dinosaur now b/c it gives him something else to do there. The safari is his favorite though!!

Totally missing POR also. Although, I must say that I really have developed a liking for Saratoga Springs. We stayed at the Yacht Club in January & I really loved it there. I liked its size & location to Epcot & HS. We're staying at Old Key West in April(which will be another first for us) so I'm excited to try that also!!

I'm very thankful for all the fun times we've had & I'm glad you enjoy them!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!🤞🤞🤞

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

Since I wasn't in costume I figured I should at least wear my HM shirt since it was Halloween. E bought me that mask a few days before.
IMG_6146.JPEG

The Skyliner is so efficient. I still can't believe I go on it as much as I do with my fear of heights but I'm glad I do.
We were in Epcot in no time at all & considering E wanted a beer(& knowing our habits) where do you think we headed to???
IMG_8083.JPEG

Rose & Crown, of course!!
IMG_8084.JPEG

The reason she was in such a hurry to get there is b/c she knew(I kind of knew but wasn't 100% sure & didn't want to ruin any surprises by asking too many questions) we had friends that planned on meeting us there & spending the day with us!!

We got a few orders of fish & chips to share & got our beers(of course) & sat outside for a bit.
I'm sorry but she is not a good Elsa. Very disappointing.
IMG_8096.JPEG

Much better.
IMG_8098.JPEG

We strolled around WS for a few.
IMG_8102.JPEG

IMG_8103.JPEG

And stopped here.
IMG_8104.JPEG

Everyone wanted to get the filet!!
IMG_8109.JPEG

J got the soup!!
IMG_8110.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom