News Disney will be ending complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests and moving to smart devices

JaxFLBear

I would think limiting free bands to once per year would have been better.
If you already have one or more MBs linked to your profile, a "reuse" option should appear on the customize page for an upcoming reservation or new/renewed Annual Pass. This "reuse" option is per individual.

TrainsOfDisney

If you already have one or more MBs linked to your profile, a "reuse" option should appear on the customize page for an upcoming reservation or new/renewed Annual Pass. This "reuse" option is per individual.
Must have been pretty well hidden, I’ve never seen it or been offered this option when making reservations online or on the phone. I can’t say I was looking for it either.

The_Jobu

I just mean it was nice getting a free one each year.

gorebunch

It appears during the MagicBand customization/order process.
Option was there for us about a month ago. We did 3 new custom bands and elected to use old ones for the other two. Disney sent the 3 custom bands that we paid for with 2 gray ones that we didn't pay for. I was surprised to get the free gray bands.

wedenterprises

if you book a trip as a first timer and don't look at the magic band page and just show up to your hotel, does the front desk have a supply of magic bands that they will sell you? Or are you given a card until you decide to buy a magic band from a store?

UNCgolf

if you book a trip as a first timer and don't look at the magic band page and just show up to your hotel, does the front desk have a supply of magic bands that they will sell you? Or are you given a card until you decide to buy a magic band from a store?

I think most of the hotel gift shops have magic bands for sale. I'm almost positive the one at Port Orleans Riverside did when I was there last year. So not technically the front desk, but easily accessible before going to your room.

NelleBelle

First-timers can also get them by ordering them from Amazon or even EBay. On property they’re everywhere it seems.

lazyboy97o

MagicBands are sold all over Walt Disney World including in the resort gift shops. They're also sold online by Disney. It also would not be surprising if Disney still shows them an as optional add-on to your travel package.
First-timers can also get them by ordering them from Amazon or even EBay. On property they’re everywhere it seems.
A first-timer would need to know that MagicBands cannot be transferred which is a risk with resellers.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It also would not be surprising if Disney still shows them an as optional add-on to your travel package.
Of course they do. 😉 While the word “optional” isn’t used, Magic Bands are still offered for each reservation, whether package, room only or AP. Only when you click on “customize” do you see prices.

JFP

Same happened to ours. It took a few weeks from when they showed as awaiting pickup but we received them. We check in on the 15th of January.

I'm not sure how they are being shipped, but USA shipping is a hot mess right now. (Though I really could have used an even more colorful expression there.) I placed an order on December 6 that didn't arrive until December 30. Sigh. Too late.

The holiday shipping challenges didn't appear to get much media coverage, but ALL the USA shipping companies experienced major problems this holiday season.
Tracking updated this morning (US Postal Service). The package has been moving, but the tracking hasn't been updating. Expected delivery Monday........I know a lot of smart people figure out the fastest, most efficient ways of moving items. It fascinates me that the best method of getting something from Orlando to Goldsboro (NC) is by way of Florida to Georgia, Georgia to Pennsylvania, then back to North Carolina :)

JaxFLBear

Tracking updated this morning (US Postal Service). The package has been moving, but the tracking hasn't been updating. Expected delivery Monday........I know a lot of smart people figure out the fastest, most efficient ways of moving items. It fascinates me that the best method of getting something from Orlando to Goldsboro (NC) is by way of Florida to Georgia, Georgia to Pennsylvania, then back to North Carolina :)
Our most recent set of MagicBands went from FL to GA and back to FL. Delivery took 2 weeks and we live about 1 hour from Davenport FL where they originated.

NelleBelle

I got an alert from USPS that my MBs made it to Las Vegas!! Who knows how long they'll sit there. That's the first alert I've gotten from USPS that anything has happened with that tracking #. Doesn't have an expected arrival date listed though. Very odd. But at least it's moved closer to Seattle! Now just crossing fingers it's the correct bands we ordered!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom