Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

durangojim

Besides the rhino and Trader Sam's scenes, do we want to bet what other offensive scenes will be removed?
I'm thinking the head hunters or indigenous people scenes, the lions eating the zebras, also any references to firearms such as the gorilla looking down the barrel of the rifle.

Surferboy567

Besides the rhino and Trader Sam's scenes, do we want to bet what other offensive scenes will be removed?
I'm thinking the head hunters or indigenous people scenes, the lions eating the zebras, also any references to firearms such as the gorilla looking down the barrel of the rifle.
Are we sure about Trader Sam? I am not convinced on that yet. I could see them possibility altering the jokes and scenario but maybe not a total removal.

Disneyson

I don’t see the big problem here. The punchline is more visual and more funny to me than “ha ha these people have fezzes and the white guy’s on top.” Not that I had a problem before, but I think I like that this new joke has layers in it. You get it all at once, but repeat visits have Easter eggs (love the butterfly gag). The companion bote with the chimps/monkeys/whatever is excellent, too.

Not a big fan of the native scene, either, glad it’s gonna likely go - I don’t find the scene particularly funny unless you get a boat that’s really ready to duck under the poison darts.

I have a weird feeling the zebras being eaten will stay? Or else they’ll pitch a bigger joke with this scene?

I don’t see any damage to the integrity of the attraction as it is right now, but I think it’s the cannibal jokes I will miss the most, weirdly. I mean, I assume those will go. RIP Sam’s wife. She makes a great brisket.

VJ

I remember when I was part of DCP working Pirates, the trainers training people for JC were having a hard time telling their staff which jokes to say and which ones they shouldn't say because their script has never been updated.
hopefully that's one of the updates to the attraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom