Trip Report Happy Haunts Materialize and Begin to Sanitize - October 2020 TR

Hi, y'all! I'm here with my first trip report and have stalked this forum long enough to know what the people really want...PHOTOS OF CATS. But, first:

WHO: I'm Jessica, and my Disney buddy is my mom, JoJo.

This is a photo of our only massless selfie of the trip. It was right before we attempted to get a ROTR Boarding Group for the FIRST TIME EVER. Spoiler alert: we didn't look like that about 5 minutes later.

IMG_1340.jpg

WHEN: October 23-November 1, 2020.

WHERE: Saratoga Springs

WHY: It's 2020...there is no reason at this point.

*BONUS* WHO WE LEFT BEHIND:

Sulley! He is the captain of the struggle boat and owner of my heart. I had no previous attachment to the character "Sulley," but what else do you name a cat with lots of fur and large paws?

IMG_1441.jpg

Cookie! He's a curmudgeon and JoJo's cat.

IMG_1439.jpg

Lady Lee! She likes to take naps and eat potato chips. I also just described myself.

IMG_1197.jpg

Friday, October 23, 2020 - A Text Heavy Arrival Day

Background: Our original plan was to drive 12 hours to Orlando. We took a "practice" trip to Disney World Labor Day weekend. That was the first time we drove to Disney in a decade and was likely the last time we will drive (for at least another decade). I'm almost positive my mom booked our flight for this trip at a gas station outside of Tallahassee on the way home.

So, we had a 7:30 a.m. flight outside of our regional airport in northeast Mississippi. Delta has a small commuter flight to ATL out of this airport. We both live about 20 minutes away and arrived around 6:30 a.m., which is plenty of time to check-in and go through security. All went smoothly, and we were in ATL before 9:30 a.m. We had about a four-hour layover, so we grabbed an early lunch (Avocado BLTs at Gordon Biersch) and then bounced around all over the airport to kill time. Our flight departed around 1:30 p.m., and we both watched The Office until we touched down at MCO around 3:30 p.m.

We had no wait for our bags and made our way down to Magical Express. The Cast Member said it would be about 45 minutes before we could board, but we walked straight onto a bus. It was an uneventful ride. I must say the new video is a drag. More importantly, what animator decided to make Goofy look like he needs to be quarantined with his sickly-looking self? Is it just me? I digress.

UP NEXT: ROOM PHOTOS (COFFEE POT INCLUDED) AND DINNER!

MickeyCB

Following along, and looking forward to reading about your adventures!
And ps, it looks like our vacations crossed over! We were there the 21st to the 26th!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom