Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It was clarified later that households with more than 10 are exempt.

Cuomo also acknowledged he doesn't have the resources for enforcement.

I didn't mean to imply households with more then 10 residents would be fined, just that you now have to separate out places that legitimately have 10 ore more residents from the places that don't, making enforcement harder.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"For the first time since the pandemic started, Sweden is imposing a partial lockdown on bars and restaurants by banning the sale of alcohol after 10 p.m.

The restriction marks a departure from the country’s previous guidelines that relied mainly on voluntary measures to stop transmission. The new measure applies across the country from Nov. 20 and means all businesses with a license to serve alcohol must close by 10:30 p.m.

“We are facing a situation that could turn black as night,” Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said at a press conference in Stockholm. “We risk ending up in the situation we had last spring.”

Amid a new wave of curbs on movement, authorities in 13 of Sweden’s 21 regions have issued recommendations that, among other things, urge citizens to avoid physical contact with people with whom they don’t share a home.

Tougher Measures​

Swedish Covid cases sets new records and patients in ICU increase

But those guidelines appear to be having limited effect. In the past week, the number of daily coronavirus cases hit a record and hospitals are seeing a rising influx of patients.

Lofven said he’s ready to consider stricter measures to limit public gatherings, if the latest steps fail to rein in infections.

On Wednesday, 129 patients with Covid-19 were being treated in intensive-care units. While that is less than a quarter of the peak seen in April, the number of ICU patients has doubled in the past 10 days.

How Sweden acts now will determine “if we will be able to celebrate Christmas as normal,” the prime minister said."

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
Your only option was instacart? around me I have instacart at Publix pickup or delivery, Walmart curbside, Target curbside or delivery, and a local store that was pickup only and now has pickup or you can go inside again.

I’ve had great customer service from instacart, but I can see that could vary from region to region.
We do have other options, which we will be exploring with our very next grocery order 😂 We tend to be pretty loyal to one particular store.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Your only option was instacart? around me I have instacart at Publix pickup or delivery, Walmart curbside, Target curbside or delivery, and a local store that was pickup only and now has pickup or you can go inside again.

I’ve had great customer service from instacart, but I can see that could vary from region to region.
None were available. Believe me I tried everything. They were limiting supermarket capacity in the beginning so it was no picnic standing in line waiting to get in.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Like I said earlier...I would have starved. I guess if they made it mandatory the stores could have hired more workers but from mid-March through some time in May I couldn’t get a time slot anywhere. I have a co-worker who drove and hour each way to a supermarket because he happened to get a time slot there for pickup. It was crazy. From about mid-May until now it’s been better. I think half the reason is so many people gave up or got frustrated with poor service and vowed never to use it again.

This is the same experience I had, early on it was really hard to get a timeslot for delivery or even curbside pickup. Restricting the general public from going into a supermarket doesn't really make things that much better, since you would then have to increase the number of employees in the store to meet the demand.

Chi84

Premium Member
If you are talking about closing supermarkets to the public then Instacart doesn't change anything since an Instacart shopper going into a store is no different then you or I going into a supermarket.
I didn't think of that, but you're right. They would have to hire an army of instacart shoppers to keep up with all the demand.

TrainsOfDisney

If you are talking about closing supermarkets to the public then Instacart doesn't change anything since an Instacart shopper going into a store is no different then you or I going into a supermarket.
I’m talking about mandatory curbside / delivery. I’m not saying it should or shouldn’t be done, I just think it’s easy to provide such a service if needed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
"For the first time since the pandemic started, Sweden is imposing a partial lockdown on bars and restaurants by banning the sale of alcohol after 10 p.m.

The restriction marks a departure from the country’s previous guidelines that relied mainly on voluntary measures to stop transmission. The new measure applies across the country from Nov. 20 and means all businesses with a license to serve alcohol must close by 10:30 p.m.

“We are facing a situation that could turn black as night,” Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said at a press conference in Stockholm. “We risk ending up in the situation we had last spring.”

Amid a new wave of curbs on movement, authorities in 13 of Sweden’s 21 regions have issued recommendations that, among other things, urge citizens to avoid physical contact with people with whom they don’t share a home.

Tougher Measures​

But those guidelines appear to be having limited effect. In the past week, the number of daily coronavirus cases hit a record and hospitals are seeing a rising influx of patients.

Lofven said he’s ready to consider stricter measures to limit public gatherings, if the latest steps fail to rein in infections.

On Wednesday, 129 patients with Covid-19 were being treated in intensive-care units. While that is less than a quarter of the peak seen in April, the number of ICU patients has doubled in the past 10 days.

How Sweden acts now will determine “if we will be able to celebrate Christmas as normal,” the prime minister said."

Say it ain’t so....I thought Sweden had it all figured out. So now limited bars and no theme parks. Do you think people in Sweden will start complaining that they want to be more open like in the US;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Tougher Measures​

NJ has also imposed the 10:00 closing time on restaurants. I am still skeptical about how much difference that will actually make.

Patcheslee

We have Walmart pickup and delivery or JayC pickup. Walmart delivery is usually booked 3 days forward and pickups are booked the same day. It took Covid just to get Doordash here :rolleyes:
Also forcing delivery could cause prices to go up because drivers for any employer are a liability, so their cost would increase.

_caleb

how can the government say something is allowed but then also discourage it?
Taxes and fees. Zoning. Restrictions. Communication campaigns. Asking nicely. Setting a good example. There are loads of things that are allowed but discouraged.

Smoking is legal but discouraged (age limits, taxes, limits on who can sell, laws about where one can smoke, public service announcements, public school programs, etc.)

Using water during a drought is legal but discouraged. Use a normal amount (determined by the government), no big deal. Use a little too much, get a warning. Use a lot, get a ticket and fine. Use way too much, and they cut you off completely.

_caleb

Unless we change the rules and open the store only to shoppers for services like Instacart. Require that they deliver to more than one household, give them mandatory training for health precautions, etc. We can be a bit more creative here, people!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Taxes and fees. Zoning. Restrictions. Communication campaigns. Asking nicely. Setting a good example. There are loads of things that are allowed but discouraged.

Smoking is legal but discouraged (age limits, taxes, limits on who can sell, laws about where one can smoke, public service announcements, public school programs, etc.)

Using water during a drought is legal but discouraged. Use a normal amount (determined by the government), no big deal. Use a little too much, get a warning. Use a lot, get a ticket and fine. Use way too much, and they cut you off completely.
I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this. It’s really hard for people to figure out what to do and not do these days. I‘d prefer the government just put out one set of requirements and stick to it. One of the biggest problems from the start of this pandemic in the US has been a lack of a consistent message and poor communication from the various levels of government.

Jrb1979

I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this. It’s really hard for people to figure out what to do and not do these days. I‘d prefer the government just put out one set of requirements and stick to it. One of the biggest problems from the start of this pandemic in the US has been a lack of a consistent message and poor communication from the various levels of government.
Its the complete opposite here. The message has been the same from all levels of government. Wear a mask, social distancing, wash your hands and stay home when sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom