Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Universal is proposing to reopen on June 1st and 2nd for only Team Members.

June 3rd and 4th will be invited guests and perhaps APs. Public opening proposed for June 5th.

Training for TMs begin this weekend.

Universal will require guests and TMs to wear masks and will provide guests 1 free if they need one.

TMs 65 and older are encouraged to stay home.

Virtual lines for highly attended attractions.

Eliminating (pausing) single rider lines.

Reduce or eliminate water and mist elements on some attractions

Here is their plan for queue lines -

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 3.01.21 PM.png

And the Orange County Task Force has approved the plan Universal Orlando is proposing.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Doesn't it have to be a percentage of the infected, not the total population?
Case fatality rate would be a far more useful stat, which in the US, is about 6%. But lilypygirl presented a set of numbers and asked is there was any truth to them. Because the numbers she presented couldn't remotely represent the case fatality rate, we assumed it was an attempt to show the national survival rate. But as I demonstrated, those numbers she linked don't hold up.

gmajew

Premium Member
They have not cancelled me i am to arrive June 12th.... I guess I am going to have to call and do it myself.

Peter Pan's Shadow

So the resort has been closed for 66 days now and with the extension to June 13th that makes the closure period a total of 89 days.
So that is 89 days added to our APs for those who are choosing the option to extend the AP period.
This is great news for us. Our AP will cover our Fall trip and then we save the money from buying another year.

Mainahman

Yet disney says they have no plans or dates to submit a plan, just means Chapek and his Cronies continue to drag their feet. Its really bohered me that he hasn't spoken up, even having to call Iger back in for additional help to guide, and nothing... give us our Mouse!!!!!

Kevin_W

So the resort has been closed for 66 days now and with the extension to June 13th that makes the closure period a total of 89 days.
So that is 89 days added to our APs for those who are choosing the option to extend the AP period.

Thanks for adding up the days. So right now, that would also be a 89/365 = 24% refund for those that choose not to extend, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom