Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters
thinkgif.gif

I wouldn't go having to wear a mask. I would go if masks weren't required (optional) but the same risk was there. After reading countless articles and listening to numerous politicians switch sides on if we should/shouldn't be wearing masks, I will instead listen to the Surgeon in my family. While the CORRECT masks could help, regular masks and/or fabric masks only offer a very small amount of protection. While even a small amount of protection seems like it could be worth it to wear the mask, a large % of everyday people (including myself, before being taught) have no idea how to properly put on and take off a mask. Couple of quick things that may help people: don't touch your mask before washing your hands to put it on. Do not touch your mask while it is on, unless you wash your hands before doing so (or immediately after if disposing of the mask). The transfer of germs from your hands to the mask or the mask to your hands outweighs any benefit you may gain if wearing an improper mask anyway.

Rant over. Hope everyone is doing ok.

G00fyDad

I wouldn't go having to wear a mask. I would go if masks weren't required (optional) but the same risk was there. After reading countless articles and listening to numerous politicians switch sides on if we should/shouldn't be wearing masks, I will instead listen to the Surgeon in my family. While the CORRECT masks could help, regular masks and/or fabric masks only offer a very small amount of protection. While even a small amount of protection seems like it could be worth it to wear the mask, a large % of everyday people (including myself, before being taught) have no idea how to properly put on and take off a mask.

Speak to your surgeon again. I wear a mask to protect YOU in case I may have something. It is not meant to keep you from catching something as long as you are wearing one. I found the perfect analogy to explain this (and forgive me if it seems a bit much).

If you and another person are not wearing pants and they pee on your leg then you're going to get really wet.
If you put on pants and they pee on your leg then you're going to get a little wet.
If you BOTH put on pants and they try to pee on your leg then you're probably not going to get wet at all.

THAT is why you wear a mask. To help prevent OTHERS from getting anything you may have.

CaptainAmerica

I won't go while masks are required. I also won't fly as long as masks are required on planes. I have absolutely zero hesitation about the virus itself, I would have continued going to WDW throughout this thing if it had remained open.

I also don't think I'll go once masks are optional if a majority of cast members continue to wear them. I also don't like the idea of plexiglass in between cast and guests. That's not how human beings are meant to interact with one another.

John park hopper

I won't go while masks are required. I also won't fly as long as masks are required on planes. I have absolutely zero hesitation about the virus itself, I would have continued going to WDW throughout this thing if it had remained open.

I also don't think I'll go once masks are optional if a majority of cast members continue to wear them. I also don't like the idea of plexiglass in between cast and guests. That's not how human beings are meant to interact with one another.
I agree with you, I am not paying big bucks to go on vacation and then have to be uncomfortable having to wear a mask not my idea of a fun vacation

Speak to your surgeon again. I wear a mask to protect YOU in case I may have something. It is not meant to keep you from catching something as long as you are wearing one. I found the perfect analogy to explain this (and forgive me if it seems a bit much).

If you and another person are not wearing pants and they pee on your leg then you're going to get really wet.
If you put on pants and they pee on your leg then you're going to get a little wet.
If you BOTH put on pants and they try to pee on your leg then you're probably not going to get wet at all.

THAT is why you wear a mask. To help prevent OTHERS from getting anything you may have.

What I am saying is, in my opinion (which has become my opinion from a reputable source), it isn't doing what you think its doing because the masks are incorrect, and no one knows how to properly use them. The peeing example is completely inaccurate, and was just another person on facebook or instagram stating their opinion, not a Dr. or microbiologist. Microdroplets are not suppressed by these masks, only large droplets. Instead of regurgitating information found on social media platforms, please try listening to people that actually have a background in these fields.

Disstevefan1

The No's are taking the lead on the poll.

I totally understand. Before COVID it was stressful enough to plan a WDW vacation, and especially for the returning guest, there were expectations based on their previous visits.

The post COVID experience at WDW will probably take a couple of years resemble what we experienced prior to March 2020 at WDW. I do believe in a couple of years, the MASKS will be gone and the MOBS will be back at WDW. #MOBSnotMASKS :)

I suspect some locals and die-hards will visit when WDW opens in the initial phases.

G00fyDad

What I am saying is, in my opinion (which has become my opinion from a reputable source), it isn't doing what you think its doing because the masks are incorrect, and no one knows how to properly use them. The peeing example is completely inaccurate, and was just another person on facebook or instagram stating their opinion, not a Dr. or microbiologist. Microdroplets are not suppressed by these masks, only large droplets. Instead of regurgitating information found on social media platforms, please try listening to people that actually have a background in these fields.

I'd prefer to listen to those that work in the medical field WITH ME. Again, EVERY reputable medical professional has said what I said. ME wearing a mask helps to protect YOU from something I may have. Simple. Not something taken from social media. However, if you choose to believe that is all garbage and the scientists are wrong because a "surgeon in the family" has chosen to tell you something they believe then so be it. I cannot prevent you from being part of the problem. ;)

If surgical masks didn’t reduce droplets your surgeon wouldn’t wear them in the operating room. I would follow up with him and ask him why it’s standard of care to do so in an OR if they have no effect.

I think you are confusing reducing risk with eliminating risk. Surgical masks do the former.

I'm not confusing anything. They know how to wear masks, put masks on and take them off. They literally scrub with antimicrobial soap in a "clean" room before going into an OR. I'm not telling anyone to not where a mask, what I am saying is that with the general knowledge of how masks work, they are basically a mute point. Put a mask on with dirty hands, you are breathing in whatever is on your hands. Take a mask off to eat and then put it back on? Its useless for everyone.

G00fyDad

I'm not confusing anything. They know how to wear masks, put masks on and take them off. They literally scrub with antimicrobial soap in a "clean" room before going into an OR. I'm not telling anyone to not where a mask, what I am saying is that with the general knowledge of how masks work, they are basically a mute point. Put a mask on with dirty hands, you are breathing in whatever is on your hands. Take a mask off to eat and then put it back on? Its useless for everyone.

So your solution is to just go about things as if there were no virus? No mask. No point in washing hands. No reduced contact with unknown surfaces. Full shoulder to shoulder interaction with others. Got it. 👍

So your solution is to just go about things as if there were no virus? No mask. No point in washing hands. No reduced contact with unknown surfaces. Full shoulder to shoulder interaction with others. Got it. 👍

Did I actually say any of that or did you come up with your own conclusion? I didn't give a solution nor would I try to. I am not a doctor nor a scientist. Everyone can listen to who they want to, obviously you listen to who you deem knowledgeable, same with me. At this point, I'm guessing neither of us have caught the virus. I personally do wear masks when I go into stores for the reason you mentioned, protecting others. On the original topic, like I mentioned, I wouldn't go to Disney having to wear a mask.

But I do appreciate you putting words in my mouth.

Disstevefan1

I think we all can agree, we will see every way possible how NOT to properly wear a mask at WDW, we will also see guests with no mask, we have already seen masks with holes in them so you can drink with a straw. Cast members are probably told to NOT correct guests when it comes to masks. It’s going to be interesting to watch.

corsairk09

Ok so new question: Face masks are happening..... but if I read the agreement correctly..... its says that guests and CMs will initially wear masks upon reopening. Also the language on Disney website says things like "temporary adjustments" and "initial phase". So how LONG do we think the face mask thing will actually last? Does "initially" mean 2 weeks? A month? The rest of 2020?

G00fyDad

Did I actually say any of that or did you come up with your own conclusion? I didn't give a solution nor would I try to. I am not a doctor nor a scientist. Everyone can listen to who they want to, obviously you listen to who you deem knowledgeable, same with me. At this point, I'm guessing neither of us have caught the virus. I personally do wear masks when I go into stores for the reason you mentioned, protecting others. On the original topic, like I mentioned, I wouldn't go to Disney having to wear a mask.

But I do appreciate you putting words in my mouth.

Okay....

DisneyFamily24 said:
I wouldn't go having to wear a mask. I would go if masks weren't required (optional) but the same risk was there.

YOUR words, not mine. ;)

CaptainAmerica

I think we all can agree, we will see every way possible how NOT to properly wear a mask at WDW, we will also see guests with no mask, we have already seen masks with holes in them so you can drink with a straw. Cast members are probably told to NOT correct guests when it comes to masks. It’s going to be interesting to watch.
I'll be most interested to see the cast members themselves. The statements that have been released by the union tout mandatory masks as if it's some kind of benefit for the workers, but I expect most of the workers to hate them just as much as the guests do.

CaptainAmerica

Psychologically, most people have already revealed they won't wear masks based on their behavior during "normal" flu season. Yes, I know COVID-19 is not the flu. However, like the flu, it is contagious through respiratory droplets. Like the flu, it makes you ill. Like the flu, it can be fatal, especially in at-risk populations. COVID-19 is different in degree than the flu but it is not different in kind.

If someone doesn't wear a seatbelt in a car driving 50 MPH, they're probably not going to wear a seatbelt in a car going 70 MPH.

G00fyDad

At least they were my words this time
View attachment 471345

At least we didn't get to this point:

How to Win Any Argument On the Internet

1. CLAIM YOU WORK IN WHATEVER FIELD YOU'RE ARGUING ABOUT.
  2. IF LOSING AN ARGUMENT, FEIGN FRUSTRATION AND THEN CLAIM YOU'RE BLOCKING THE PERSON.
  3. AT SOME POINT IN TIME, CLAIM THE OTHER PERSON IS A NAZI.

But I DO work in the field I am arguing about. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: Wearing a mask right now actually.

CLEtoWDW

The sample size continues to grow and the overwhelming outcome is a majority of people won’t attend WDW with the mask policy/restrictions in place. This would beg the question... at what attendance level can Disney achieve profitability? If roughly half of those planning to attend choose not to given the rules I would have to assume Disney wouldn’t be able to operate at much of a profit (if any).
I’d argue that Disney is better off making their mask policy optional and allowing those who are comfortable to attend the parks and resorts.

But I DO work in the field I am arguing about. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: Wearing a mask right now actually.

Well I appreciate your dedication during this time. My wife also works in the medical field (SLP), and the surgeon I was referencing is my father in law. He is a cardiothoracic surgeon, 40 years going at NW in Chicago. Wasn't trying to strike a nerve, but there are obviously differences in opinion from people in these fields, let alone what politicians tell us. Stay well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom