Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

The Grand Inquisitor

Supposedly There will be both a French Ministry of Magic AND a British Ministry of Magic...
Where did you hear that? That seems very interesting, but highly unlikely. From what I have heard on the Universal Forums is that the ride may take guests to all of the different ministries of magic including the British one. But it will just be a scene in the ride. But who knows tbh.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Where did you hear that? That seems very interesting, but highly unlikely. From what I have heard on the Universal Forums is that the ride may take guests to all of the different ministries of magic including the British one. But it will just be a scene in the ride. But who knows tbh.

This is what Orlando Parkstop news is reporting as of this morning.

Lintemuthstudios

BrianLo

I guess some hand wavy border control via ministries could sort of make sense.

But let’s call it what it is... another attraction that was meant for USF that was diverted.

Totally - totally unrealistic, but I would have loved another transportation option ala Hogwarts Express. I would prefer the British ministry just stayed in USF and Fantastic Beasts/Paris stayed disconnected though.

The major downside to Diagon Alley is that it maintains a very weak attraction roster compared to the other two - presumably.

BubbaQuest

Link for anyone who wants it. It's from Alicia Stella, so it's probably happening. This is so weird.

I was bummed at first hearing this -- I would rather see Dragon Alley expand with more Potter attractions. However, after reading the details, this could be interesting if the Theater is the key to switching from Paris to London and back. Is there a Floo Powder equivalent in Fantastic Beasts that would be used to transport a whole theater to another location?

P.S. Or maybe a transportation system in the Fantastic Beasts worlds? Could the Theater be a "transport" system similar to the start of Rise of the Resistance?

trr1

I guess some hand wavy border control via ministries could sort of make sense.

But let’s call it what it is... another attraction that was meant for USF that was diverted.

Totally - totally unrealistic, but I would have loved another transportation option ala Hogwarts Express. I would prefer the British ministry just stayed in USF and Fantastic Beasts/Paris stayed disconnected though.

The major downside to Diagon Alley is that it maintains a very weak attraction roster compared to the other two - presumably.
they could make a Floo Network Ride

DCBaker

Premium Member
“Construction of the new Epic Universe theme park in Orlando won’t resume until the nation’s economy begins to revive, a key leader of Universal Orlando’s parent company said Wednesday.”

“All things considered, it’s a big capital swing, so better to really march forward with that when we have just a bit more visibility on what’s going on with the economy post-COVID,” Comcast Chief Financial Officer Mike Cavanagh said during a virtual interview at the J.P. Morgan Investor Conference. “I can’t tell you when that’s going to be when we revisit it.”

trr1

“Construction of the new Epic Universe theme park in Orlando won’t resume until the nation’s economy begins to revive, a key leader of Universal Orlando’s parent company said Wednesday.”

“All things considered, it’s a big capital swing, so better to really march forward with that when we have just a bit more visibility on what’s going on with the economy post-COVID,” Comcast Chief Financial Officer Mike Cavanagh said during a virtual interview at the J.P. Morgan Investor Conference. “I can’t tell you when that’s going to be when we revisit it.”

does anyone see this turning out as another Legendary Years type of thing that happened at pop century?

lebeau

Jphaddad96

So, the construction of Epic Universe is now stoped?

seascape

I've been reading a lot of doom and gloom in my social media feed within the last hour about this. While it wouldn't surprise me to see this project delayed a year or two, I'm very doubtful that it's dead in the water as some people are claiming it to be.
I have no idea why you or anyone else is surprised. I posted back when the parks closed this would happen. I even explained why, that there is no way a company can continue to spend billions when money wasn't coming in. It was always obvious that it would be delayed well over a year. Orlando will not achieve 2019 attendance till 2024. A new themepark is not needed until 2025 or 2026.

I hope everyone here realizes we are the exception not the rule. Polling us to see who will go back and when is actually stupid because it is the general public that won't go on a plane until there is a vaccine and everyone gets it. However, even if the vaccine is ready in June 2021 and is produced at 1 billion dosage a year, it will take well over a year for every American to receive it.

lazyboy97o

I've been reading a lot of doom and gloom in my social media feed within the last hour about this. While it wouldn't surprise me to see this project delayed a year or two, I'm very doubtful that it's dead in the water as some people are claiming it to be.
There is a level of instinctive dislike against things people want Disney to do but are not. Killing a whole park, which has not yet happened and this isn’t really new news, would be a bigger reaction than Disney stopping construction and even chunks of design. It’s the petty tribalism that would mean Disney “wins” because they may cancel some projects but nothing as big as a whole park that Universal said would continue.

seascape

There is a level of instinctive dislike against things people want Disney to do but are not. Killing a whole park, which has not yet happened and this isn’t really new news, would be a bigger reaction than Disney stopping construction and even chunks of design. It’s the petty tribalism that would mean Disney “wins” because they may cancel some projects but nothing as big as a whole park that Universal said would continue.
Disney fans know the 5th gate was canceled after 9/11. Universal did not cancel Epic Universe. It will be built but probably not open until 2025 or 2026.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom