Refunds or cancellations of Disney World Annual Passes

ImperfectPixie

The Customer is always right. So to all the ones who said quit complaining that "contractual law" protects them and all that, this is what we meant when we said it would probably happen anyway. I am glad they did and it seems like the smart PR move when your competition does it, and I am not even a Passholder of any kind.
I don't think they had a choice? Creditor guidelines?

flynnibus

Premium Member
The Customer is always right. So to all the ones who said quit complaining that "contractual law" protects them and all that, this is what we meant when we said it would probably happen anyway. I am glad they did and it seems like the smart PR move when your competition does it, and I am not even a Passholder of any kind.

Or it's just them furloughing all the people who would be dealing with it :)

RobWDW1971

Doing it for "optics", fine. Doing it because "they owed it to the customer" or it "was right", absolutely not.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
They did. Especially with the option to keep your billing on pause but then resume and keep a full 12 months of use vs the only option being refunded and then expiring on your original date. They created an option that was more akin to what Universal and Sea World Parks, Six Flags and Cedar Fair did.
Do you know if this applies to AP Renewals, too?

Our Renewal AP's expire around Dec. 15. Very unlikely, but I'd rather they expire a year from first use, like new AP's.

We renewed because we originally planned on using them on 3 different trips, not just 1 or maybe 2 times. Thank you!

durangojim

Our Renewal AP's expire around Dec. 15. Very unlikely, but I'd rather they expire a year from first use, like new AP's.

We renewed because we originally planned on using them on 3 different trips, not just 1 or maybe 2 times. Thank you!
No idea. I’d call the Passholder line to ask but I’d wait a month or two so you’re not on hold forever

donsullivan

Premium Member

If you paid up front, the expiration date will simply be pushed out the number of days the parks are closed. If (this is hypothetical) they are closed for a total of 60 calendar days, then your expiration date will be December 15, 2020 + 60 calendar days.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
If you paid up front, the expiration date will simply be pushed out the number of days the parks are closed. If (this is hypothetical) they are closed for a total of 60 calendar days, then your expiration date will be December 15, 2020 + 60 calendar days.
Thank you, yes, we paid up front.
We visit WDW from outside the US, so that complicates things timewise for us.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

F61EEF75-8A20-4651-9B52-C474800B4828.png

ThatMouse

Wow another vague general announcement that you can only find on social media. As a passholder with 2 future room reservations, I'd expect at least my own email that at least links to my account.

peter11435

Wow another vague general announcement that you can only find on social media. As a passholder with 2 future room reservations, I'd expect at least my own email that at least links to my account.
Its not only found on social media. The information is posted and available on official Disney channels. I don’t really see anything vague about it. It’s quite clear what the options are for both those who paid in full and those on monthly payments. The only thing not specific is how to choose and they clearly state information on that will be available soon.

Disstevefan1

Disney has put the payments on hold and offered partial refunds. They didn’t need to but I can’t fault them for doing it. I won’t be asking for a refund and will just take the extension as we’re still planning on going mid July and November View attachment 460488

Does this contradicts its self?

Under "Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan"

It says ,"Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates. "

But then below that it says:
As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen.

Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term.

The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed.

The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks.

Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option.

It makes me think, there is a expiration date for renewal and a expiration date for use??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom