News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

Benjamin_Nicholas

That's a shame. Whoever played her as a face character during Club Villain was super fun.

The actor doing Hearts at Villains the other night was one of the same faces who also did Cruella at the Halloween party last year.

While I think she'd be fine up-close and mingling, she wasn't booming enough, nor did she have the physicality down to do the character any justice.

Villains0501

The actor doing Hearts at Villains the other night was one of the same faces who also did Cruella at the Halloween party last year.

While I think she'd be fine up-close and mingling, she wasn't booming enough, nor did she have the physicality down to do the character any justice.

The face character version of the Queen of Hearts debuted in Florida a few years ago during the Club Villain events at DHS. I met her up close and personal in August 2016 and she was insane! She stole my phone and proceeded to take 30+ selfies of herself before allowing anyone else into the frame. Easily one of my best character experiences. I'm not sure who's playing Q of H now, but the character really needs a lively actress to make it work, like Cruella. Maleficent and the Evil Queen are understated and wooden - Cruella and the Queen of Hearts are not!

Overall, it looks like an improvement on last year's event. I'm surprised they only raised ticket prices by $6 considering it already seems like there's more to do and see than last year. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year, but here's hoping they do the event again in 2021!

nicb88

Is anyone aware of any After Hours events at MK, villains or not, that will take place after July 10? Last year I know they ran on through the summer, so I wondered if they will do the same this year.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Is anyone aware of any After Hours events at MK, villains or not, that will take place after July 10? Last year I know they ran on through the summer, so I wondered if they will do the same this year.
Villains will run right through August and stop as soon as the holiday parties start. Regular after hours will continue. Expect the announcement in May for more dates through the rest of 2020z

brb1006

Last edited:

brb1006

The face character version of the Queen of Hearts debuted in Florida a few years ago during the Club Villain events at DHS. I met her up close and personal in August 2016 and she was insane! She stole my phone and proceeded to take 30+ selfies of herself before allowing anyone else into the frame. Easily one of my best character experiences. I'm not sure who's playing Q of H now, but the character really needs a lively actress to make it work, like Cruella. Maleficent and the Evil Queen are understated and wooden - Cruella and the Queen of Hearts are not!

Overall, it looks like an improvement on last year's event. I'm surprised they only raised ticket prices by $6 considering it already seems like there's more to do and see than last year. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year, but here's hoping they do the event again in 2021!
Imagine the amount of amusing interactions the face character version of the Queen of Hearts would be doing with the Mad Hatter at Disneyland.

Richie248

Curious if the lounge will be serving alcohol. With the addition of wine and beer to HEA Dessert Party......makes me think we'll be seeing more booze in the Kingdom.

awoogala

Curious if the lounge will be serving alcohol. With the addition of wine and beer to HEA Dessert Party......makes me think we'll be seeing more booze in the Kingdom.
literally my first thought.. they are "easing" everyone into the idea. first, table service, next "special upgrades" soon= everywhere.

Benjamin_Nicholas

In focus grouping after the initial event a few weeks ago, Disney seemed to repeatedly wonder if the party would be more interesting to us if it was 'more adult.' The question was asked in a variety of ways, but the sentiment was the same.

I have a feeling they're going to skew older and drunker with Villains.

Disneyson

I think the night would be more worth it if there were three free-flow alcohol lounges peppered throughout that you could visit at leisure, but that would be controversial.

Of course, it will be in one location and likely be a ridiculous up-charge. Probably arguments like “I don’t want to pay for alcohol if I’m taking my child, who doesn’t drink.” Then again, this falls into dessert party territory... an interesting idea for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom