News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

TrainsOfDisney

I’m surprised Disney is consistently not using finger scans at the entrance to dhs in the mornings. Lots of room for... sneaky things. Ha.

I wonder if anyone has tried scanning in multiple cards for others in their party? In the chaos there is nothing really stopping them.

disneygeek90

I’m surprised Disney is consistently not using finger scans at the entrance to dhs in the mornings. Lots of room for... sneaky things. Ha.

I wonder if anyone has tried scanning in multiple cards for others in their party? In the chaos there is nothing really stopping them.
I've used finger scans every morning besides one. It sometimes seems dependent on each tap point, not park wide. The day that I did not finger scan I saw others using it in different areas. I'm guessing that when certain stands are not using it that it's having issues with the read.

disneygeek90

Well there goes that theory...…...With MFSR now on FP+ it seems like ROTR is a forgone conclusion to go FP+ on March 4th once MMRR opens...……….Resort guests will finally get their way, sooner than everyone predicted too
ROTR is nowhere near a foregone conclusion. SR has had virtually no downtime with moderate standby times. They were always more capable to begin processing FP+.

ROTR needs to get a lot more consistent if they're going to move to standby. They can't be dumping queues as easily as they are now when there's a 240 min wait.

TrainsOfDisney

I've used finger scans every morning besides one. It sometimes seems dependent on each tap point, not park wide. The day that I did not finger scan I saw others using it in different areas. I'm guessing that when certain stands are not using it that it's having issues with the read.

Ah makes sense then. This was my first morning since New Years week so I figured it was just standard procedure now. If there’s is no rhyme or reason that makes more sense.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Agreed. Would like to see them have guests choose between RotR and MMRR BGs once both are open. Then spread that strategy to the other parks. Once Tron and Guardians open it would really spread the crowds out. It is starting to seem like maybe that was the intention for adding an E+ attraction at each park. Will be fun to see how they handle the 50th. I think they are on the right track. IMO.

One of the worst ideas I've read lately. Pay $110+ to get into the park. Then have to choose which new attraction you want to try and ride that day?

Facepalm3.jpg

gorillaball

I think I know this but... for daughter coming to cheer comp in a couple weeks, they get some sort of hopper ticket - I assume the “card”. To do boarding passes, still need to use app and link that card to her app? Can I also link that card to my app so she is in my party? She’s already in my party from previous trips but have not booked separately like this before.

disneygeek90

At the end of the day, it took SR 6 months to move to FP+. This is with no downtime, and moderate wait times when it wasn't the holidays.

We are not even 2 months into ROTR's open and the ride has been plagued by inconsistencies. I don't think we're even close to standby/FP+ in the next 6 months, let alone March.

disneygeek90

Exactly...…...That's why ROTR will have FP+ by then...……...My prediction is they will have a limited number of FP+ available to resort guests/60 day window and then will have BG's for the remainder of the guests instead of a standby line
Okay, so your total prediction is FP with BG. That's what I actually recommended for FoP a couple days ago. That would be better than unleashing standby, but I still don't see that happening soon.

disneygeek90

I think I know this but... for daughter coming to cheer comp in a couple weeks, they get some sort of hopper ticket - I assume the “card”. To do boarding passes, still need to use app and link that card to her app? Can I also link that card to my app so she is in my party? She’s already in my party from previous trips but have not booked separately like this before.
I'm doing something similar with my brother next weekend. He has a profile in MDE that I manage and has previously been an AP but not in a couple years. I bought his ticket online and selected him when purchasing so he should be linked back to his account, it's even let me get Fastpasses. I think you'd just need to link the new ticket to your daughter's profile, and then you'll be good to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom