The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

bartholomr4

I wonder why Sinclair passed? Youd think they would want the whole package maybe they didn't see a clear path to approval in Brazil/Mexico given the trouble Disney themselves have had? Also why cant Disney just let Fox Sports Brazil/Mexico run independently until a potential buyer emerges?

I think they passed, because they didn't see a profit in it. Remember, you have to pay the commercial value of the asset, and then agree not to increase rates, and insure everyone can still have access to the sports content. Not sure how you accomplish this unless you already have network assets in Mexico to leverage (and provide some joint cost savings). The only two with that leverage are Disney and Televisa.

bartholomr4

Wonder if New Fox could be a potential buyer for Fox Sports Brazil/Mexico?

I believe Disney had offered Fox the ability to retain these assets, when the DOJ required Disney to divest the RSN's. The astronomical drop in value of the RSN's and the slow death of the cable bundle, made Fox decline the opportunity to retain these assets. The economics of the Mexico sports assets just doesn't make sense to me. It could happen as the article and you suggest. I just don't see how you make any money with a standalone version of the Mexican and Brazilian sports assets, unless you are folding it into existing operations (i.e. folding it into ESPN or Televisa).

Slpy3270

A Turner & Hooch series is in development at Disney+, and it's being produced by 20th Century Fox Television.

Probably the first time that the 20th Century Fox brand is being used for a property that's always been Disney (in this case Touchstone). The fact that it's not in production at ABC Studios suggests a) Touchstone (along with Hollywood Pictures) as a brand could be fully absorbed into Fox and b) ABC Studios is not long for this world, as I've said before.

Last edited:

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Slpy3270

Probably with a lot less bodily function ""jokes"".

In my opinion, it's for the best. Even with MacFarlane Family Guy and American Dad have become more and more stale as the years have gone on. This gives Disney the perfect opportunity to find someone who will reinvent the properties to make them more relevant and watchable.

Besides, given MacFarlane's character, it saves Disney major PR headache in the event he does stupid again.

Darkprime

Apparently new mutants might be MCU...

EN83EyXVAAAPkMv

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
In my opinion, it's for the best. Even with MacFarlane Family Guy and American Dad have become more and more stale as the years have gone on. This gives Disney the perfect opportunity to find someone who will reinvent the properties to make them more relevant and watchable.

Besides, given MacFarlane's character, it saves Disney major PR headache in the event he does stupid **** again.

I've enjoyed all these show but I'd be just fine if they gracefully left television. It's time for new blood, newer shows. Even Simpsons (and that's apparently blasphemous to some) has had it's turn. There are many more Groening, MacFarlane and Hartmans out there waiting to have their moment. It's time for the next wave of animators, IMO.

I'd like to see Hirsch or Nefcy make that jump to Fox along with other newer cartoon creators. As for MacFarlane, yeah the writing was on the wall. It'll be interesting to see what happens with his shows.

Last edited:

Quinnmac000

I've enjoyed all these show but I'd be just fine if they gracefully left television. It's time for new blood, newer shows. Even Simpsons (and that's apparently blasphemous to some) has had it's turn. There are many more Groening, MacFarlane and Hartmans out there waiting to have their moment. It's time for the next wave of animators, IMO.

I'd like to see Hirsch or Nefcy make that jump to Fox along with other newer cartoon creators. As for MacFarlane, yeah the writing was on the wall. It'll be interesting to see what happens with his shows.

Hirsch Left Disney because he hated the censors to go to Netflix, he likely isn't coming back. A lot of animators are leaving Disney to go to Fox Entertainment or elsewhere.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Hirsch Left Disney because he hated the censors to go to Netflix, he likely isn't coming back. A lot of animators are leaving Disney to go to Fox Entertainment or elsewhere.

He's still has Disney to fall back on for lack of a better phrase. There's no hate. Not that I'm aware of. His show was challenging for a kid-oriented network but it's not like he didn't make it work. It was a learning experience. He still does VO work for Disney. If Netfix doesn't work out (it will) or if Disney/Fox is eager for a new, edgier show to fit the company merger Hirsch or Nefcy would be good candidates. I always thought Craig McCracken of Foster's fame (and Wander of Yonder) would be a fun choice for more adult humor as well. There's plenty of animators ready to take up the mantel.

But yes, Netflix should be golden with fresh cartoon content for a while. I have no doubt DisneyFox will take notice.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom