News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

rustincohle

I agree. I didn’t want spoilers before I rode either. The problem is if you don’t know a few spoilers you won’t know if you’re getting the full experience or not. :-/
My trip is 2 weeks with at least 3 morning DHS visits (plus a couple of evening ones), so my plan is no spoilers before my first ride through then immediately after google to see if I got the full experience. If not, I get another chance or two thankfully (assuming I do get to ride it on my first DHS day). I've heard something about the main issue being one of the best effects sometimes being replaced by a screen, and apparently the pre-show occasionally gets skipped over for unknown reasons.

Kate F

Before my experience at the park on Monday, I thought that the virtual queue seemed like a great idea that should be implemented other places. After what went down, I can whole-heartedly say nevermind to that.

disneygeek90

Got back from my trip yesterday. Didn’t get to ride this thing because of the stupid virtual queue that put us in boarding group 137 or something and it never got to us, but apparently it got to that number fairly early the day after we were in that park. We only did one DHS day. We tried showing up early too since it was a 7:00 am opening but that still wasn’t good enough.
If you or anyone else only have one shot at the ride, highly recommend being in the gates before 7 to secure the lowest number possible.

disneygeek90

My trip is 2 weeks with at least 3 morning DHS visits (plus a couple of evening ones), so my plan is no spoilers before my first ride through then immediately after google to see if I got the full experience. If not, I get another chance or two thankfully (assuming I do get to ride it on my first DHS day). I've heard something about the main issue being one of the best effects sometimes being replaced by a screen, and apparently the pre-show occasionally gets skipped over for unknown reasons.
You’re right in both instances. Both of those are the exception though, not the norm. I have 6 nearly perfect rides under my belt now. Most here in this thread try and keep details to a minimum and discuss boarding groups, operational status, etc.

rustincohle

Based off of what I‘ve seen of the ride, I know it’s not good enough to outrank my beloved Splash Mountain.
You should go live in Tokyo. It has single rider there but for some reason very few people use it, so you never wait more than 10 minutes unless it is exceptionally busy!

Kate F

“Some people” which has been approximately two hours in the rides total lifetime so far. I and most others agree it shouldn’t happen but let’s not blow it out of proportion.
My apologies. I’m just quite a bit behind on this thread and I spotted that and I just went “wait, excuse me?”

KevinPage

Dad just got out of work now with groups at 118. Looks like he’ll be riding today! He’s heading home then we’ll be going to the park together. He’s super excited! (despite not being a Star Wars fan at all lol)

I’ve been waiting for right opportunity to post this and it hasn’t happened so I’m just gonna do it to get it out of my system. Aaaaaah, that feels better. Carry on 😜

387F506C-0C67-4A86-90BC-B320EDEC2064.gif

Rob562

“Some people” which has been approximately two hours in the rides total lifetime so far. I and most others agree it shouldn’t happen but let’s not blow it out of proportion.

While I agree that it shouldn't be necessarily blown out of proportion in the grand scheme of things, the fact that it was only two hours across two days further advances the argument that the attraction should have just stayed closed until the issue was fixed.

-Rob

disneygeek90

While I agree that it shouldn't be necessarily blown out of proportion in the grand scheme of things, the fact that it was only two hours across two days further advances the argument that the attraction should have just stayed closed until the issue was fixed.

-Rob
I agree it should have been closed. But I don’t think people need to feel like they’re gambling when walking into the queue.

KevinPage

Based off of what I‘ve seen of the ride, I know it’s not good enough to outrank my beloved Splash Mountain.

Hey, I love me some Splash Mountain as much as the next person (probably my favorite attraction for many years).

But even if you are not a Star Wars fan/guru, Rise of the Resistance destroys basically every attraction in existence by a wide margin.

No ride has ever warranted me getting up at 3am four days in a row (and 7 out of the 11 days once it opened). Even after all that, knowing I live locally, I still get FOMO. If I was on vacation I’d probably fall into a semi depression/self pity party knowing I couldn't just get on it at a whim.

Heck, I’m semi irritated I can’t get on it more than 1x per day. 😂 (Even though I know that probably helps me from wearing it out and over indulging)

Total first 🌎 problem, no doubt. But ROTR is like a drug and I want to......

F88A2D1D-ACB8-4219-9816-078781B660FA.gif

Last edited:

Jeremy Geertsema

I understand the frustration with the bus but it’s such a lottery system if you get a real BG and not a backup (which you did) you really have no reason to complain.
Actually I do have reason to complain. I’ve been here at the park before 7 and gotten numbers under 50 multiple times. The complaint is about the busing and rude HS management.

Anyways, to conclude this mess - I am currently in line for the ride. Wilderness Lodge GM called again and chose to cancel our magical express and they are paying for an airport taxi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom