News The 'Disney Look' to be further relaxed at Walt Disney World

Bender123

“Professional look” has been redefined over the last ten years.

This right here...If I limited my employee searches to only people with no tats, clean face and women who had only one ear piercing, I would have about 0 candidates for open positions.

All the Karens on the board getting worked up over "the Disney Look" don't seem to realize that the "look" was based off the 1950s expectation of "Normal middle class American". Times changed and the "look" did too. I, can not, for the life of me see how this will at all affect the immersion in the park..."Oh no!!! That pirate has a beard and stubble!!! How unrealistic!"

ThatMouse

The Disney Look is mainly about facial hair. Women and children used to be intimidated by facial hair up until the year 2000. But on that year, Disney, being on the forefront of social change, realized the "little ones" were no longer shying away from bearded men anymore and the rules were relaxed. That foresight has really lead the way in social awareness around the world.

While I have my reservations about stubble, which in my mind only leads down the path to vaping and Tsum Tsum collecting, we may want to give Disney the benefit of the doubt. People with stubble are obviously cutting in line to "meet up with the rest of their group" or trying to save the whole front row on the parade route. Not so says Disney! Stubble is here to say, and then to grow to an appropriate sized beard.

ToTBellHop

This right here...If I limited my employee searches to only people with no tats, clean face and women who had only one ear piercing, I would have about 0 candidates for open positions.

All the Karens on the board getting worked up over "the Disney Look" don't seem to realize that the "look" was based off the 1950s expectation of "Normal middle class American". Times changed and the "look" did too. I, can not, for the life of me see how this will at all affect the immersion in the park..."Oh no!!! That pirate has a beard and stubble!!! How unrealistic!"
Unfortunately an increasing number of highly educated hard workers now want to express themselves as individuals with different hairdos, facial hair, tattoos, and piercings. How dare they want to be unique! The Walt Disney Company prides itself in shutting down uniqueness and creativity. Silver lining: PotC CMs will look great with stubble and jewelry!

Bender123

Unfortunately an increasing number of highly educated hard workers now want to express themselves as individuals with different hairdos, facial hair, tattoos, and piercings. How dare they want to be unique. The Walt Disney Company prides itself in shutting down uniqueness and creativity.

I know, right? Its almost like some people think treating others as a unique person is a "good thing". Maybe that's why Disney wants those China Bucks now...They have the right idea. Think as we do, dress like how we say and do what we tell you.

Minthorne

It is a well known fact that if you have a beard, you are evil.

righttrack

My wife and I used to have a game we played on the beach. One point for every person under 30 without tattoos or piercings beyond ears. Over time it became very difficult to get any score on the board.

MrMcDuck

There is an extremely obvious difference between a job where you sit behind a desk and a job where you are constantly interacting with guests at a park where appearance and theme are supposed to matter. Personal edit: Removed mildly rude comment.

Last edited:

mdcpr

The Disney Look is mainly about facial hair. Women and children used to be intimidated by facial hair up until the year 2000. But on that year, Disney, being on the forefront of social change, realized the "little ones" were no longer shying away from bearded men anymore and the rules were relaxed. That foresight has really lead the way in social awareness around the world.

While I have my reservations about stubble, which in my mind only leads down the path to vaping and Tsum Tsum collecting, we may want to give Disney the benefit of the doubt. People with stubble are obviously cutting in line to "meet up with the rest of their group" or trying to save the whole front row on the parade route. Not so says Disney! Stubble is here to say, and then to grow to an appropriate sized beard.
Women used to be intimidated by facial hair. Oh no!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
ive been on alot of vacations over the years. at no time did i see someone with a beard, necklace, bracelet or anything else like that and think "damn, my vacation is ruined"

I find myself having to repost this more and more often....

"There are thousands of tiny details around Disney that could be considered small and unimportant by themselves, but when you put them all together they are what differentiates Disney parks from other theme and amusement parks."

Lilofan

By "treat employees better" I assume you mean pay them more. There's a limited talent pool in Orlando and Universal is about to begin hiring for a new park. Increased demand means Disney will either have to increase wages or loosen their requirements (or both).
There is a talent pool. The only catch is that Disney actually follow the rules and hires cast members with proper documentation to legally work in the USA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom