Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I just know even a half hour in those tiny containers dangling above a road/lake/something else is not where I would want to be. Especially in the dead of summer with no A/C.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Me to and we really need to take the reports of time with a grain of salt. It's amazing how when telling the story, 20 minutes can all of a sudden become 3 hours. As it is it has risen by a half hour with every report I have read. It started out as 1.5 hours then the next one was 2 hours then the next one was 2.5 hours, now it's 3. Sounds like the reports are coming from Washington.

Not true, there were some stuck there for 2 to 3 hours.

From yesterday, WFTV (FL news station) --

Walt Disney Worlds new Skyliner gondola system is closed until further notice after passengers were stuck on it for hours Saturday night.

Aaron Murray, a guest who was stuck on the Skyliner, told WFTV that at first he thought it was just a short delay. But, he said, a half-hour passed, then two hours, and he realized something was wrong.

The biggest thing we became worried about is when they began evacuating the gondola behind us. They did get a bucket up there to remove two at a time," Murray said. "Once they got the first couple down, there was one taken on a stretcher to an ambulance that was parked there."

WFTV reporter Cierra Putman was also on the gondola. She said her group was stuck for more than three hours. She also said Disney offered them two Park Hopper passes and $200 in gift cards.

NYwdwfan

I’ve had my fridge for 5 years. I empty the ice before n every few days and put the ice in thr deep freeze so I always have ice for pitchers of iced tea and for coolers. Today, for the first time ever, the ice tray emptied into the bin while I had the bin out to empty it. My dogs acted like it was Christmas with the gift of ice on the floor.

Goofyernmost

For me it only takes 20 minutes to wash about an hour to dry and is put away minutes after the drying is done. I have a much more efficient laundry system apparently. (I will allow for the fact that I only have laundry for one, but, still) One of the reasons why my sister hates me is because she uses the dryer as her clothing storage until she needs it. Saves on the expense of large closets and dressers, I guess.

She thought it was funny that I hang up my T-shirts. That is my primary daily wear. Why would I take the time to fold them or let them get all wrinkled in the dryer. I may be poor white trash, but, I am very conscious of avoiding fashion mistakes. 😁

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Glad I'm not the only one! :D

(I've also noticed that it can take 6-7 days for dishes to air dry, in the dish drainer, too.) :p

View attachment 417063
The rule in my house is I wash, God dries.

For me it only takes 20 minutes to wash about an hour to dry and is put away minutes after the drying is done. I have a much more efficient laundry system apparently. (I will allow for the fact that I only have laundry for one, but, still) One of the reasons why my sister hates me is because she uses the dryer as her clothing storage until she needs it. Saves on the expense of large closets and dressers, I guess.

She thought it was funny that I hang up my T-shirts. That is my primary daily wear. Why would I take the time to fold them or let them get all wrinkled in the dryer. I may be poor white trash, but, I am very conscious of avoiding fashion mistakes. 😁
Takes me so long to put stuff away because I can’t carry the baskets up from the basement by myself right now. 🙁

I wash, dry, fold, and stack and then wait for one of the strapping young men to carry up six or seven loads for me.

trr1

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 15

October 16

October 17

Mike S

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 15

October 16

October 17

“Girl Child?”

You mean daughter?

trr1

“Girl Child?”

You mean daughter?
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL
On October 11, the International Day of the Girl seeks to bring awareness and solutions to the unique challenges that girls around the world face every day.

From the moment a child is born, she can grow up to be a scientist, author, business leader, mother, teacher or anything she may choose to be. Providing her with healthy options, education, and resources to make her own choices means removing some of the obstacles she faces.

Depending on where she lives, a young girl’s challenges will vary and how we approach addressing those issues will change. During International Day of the Girl, join the global call to action. Create real solutions; listen to the aspiration of young women; mentor someone who will someday overcome the challenges she faces.

HOW TO OBSERVE #DayOfTheGirl
Join events around the world designed to improve the lives of girls in the most impoverished nations. Become a mentor. Make a donation of supplies to schools. Be inspired by or inspire girls in your life by speaking about women leaders from the past and present.

Whether she was a teacher or an author, a political leader or an activist, share the stories of those who have made changes for the better in the world.

Be a part of the difference that makes lives better for aspiring young girls around the globe and use #DayOfTheGirl to share on social media.

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL CHILD HISTORY
In 1995 at the World Conference on Women, nearly 30,000 people from approximately 200 countries arrived in Beijing, China. It was the fourth such world conference. During it, the attendees developed the most comprehensive platform for advancing women’s rights around the world.

In 2011, the United Nations declared October 11th as International Day of the Girl Child due to the advocacy seen around the world. The UN encourages increased activism.

PUSH

Original Poster
So you know the feeling when you've had the same glasses for 4 or 5 years and you now need new ones and you see how drastically the styles have changed and you don't like it and you can't find any you love and then when you do the colors aren't good and all that? Yeah, that's me.

Bonus points to those who can fix my sentence to make it grammatically correct.

PUSH

Original Poster
Is it too early to start watching Christmas movies? Today was the first COLD day of the year. Low 40s, lots of wind, so it felt colder with the wind chill. I hate it, but I also know Christmas season is just 21 days away, and I'm all for Christmas. But no snow. I'd take cold if it didn't come with snow. I feel that's a fair trade off.

NYwdwfan

Is it too early to start watching Christmas movies? Today was the first COLD day of the year. Low 40s, lots of wind, so it felt colder with the wind chill. I hate it, but I also know Christmas season is just 21 days away, and I'm all for Christmas. But no snow. I'd take cold if it didn't come with snow. I feel that's a fair trade off.
One of my neighbors has their fireplace going and my son said it smells like winter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom