New Seven Seas Lagoon Resort

JeffH

I always thought a Fantasyland Themed Hotel would be great, featuring classic Disney characters and themes, a princess wing for the girls, a cowboy western town wing (also mirrors Frontierland), and a toontown wing. Kids would love staying there and/or riding through on the monorail on the way to the Magic Kingdom.

Bocabear

The E Ticket Resort with wings themed to the classic Magic Kingdom Rides. Being E Ticket, it would be a premium resort. A Pirates Building, Tomorrowland Building, Frontierland Building and a Fantasyland Building, All beautifully themed and gathered around a Neverland pool complete with Pirate Ship and stylistic Volcano...not the rusty rock realistic volcano at the Poly.... Main Lobby and amenities building would be styled like a French Chateau, not quite a castle. Lavish Rococo interiors...very Princess. and you are done! Main building could also feature a very detailed Haunted Mansion Bar and cocktail lounge with lots of fun effects a la Trader Sams but better and larger capacity. Add Gondola or monorail access...Voila! the most popular resort on property.

drizgirl

The E Ticket Resort with wings themed to the classic Magic Kingdom Rides. Being E Ticket, it would be a premium resort. A Pirates Building, Tomorrowland Building, Frontierland Building and a Fantasyland Building, All beautifully themed and gathered around a Neverland pool complete with Pirate Ship and stylistic Volcano...not the rusty rock realistic volcano at the Poly.... Main Lobby and amenities building would be styled like a French Chateau, not quite a castle. Lavish Rococo interiors...very Princess. and you are done! Main building could also feature a very detailed Haunted Mansion Bar and cocktail lounge with lots of fun effects a la Trader Sams but better and larger capacity. Add Gondola or monorail access...Voila! the most popular resort on property.
That would be awesome! But Disney doesn't seem interested in promoting their classic stories and themes of late.

ryguy

In a perfect world, ttc would be moved somewhere else. And then expand the Polynesian. Making a dedicated DVC location and giving back the 3 buildings to the hotel. Not that I necessarily want a DVC building but its inevitable.

Down the line I can see Disney getting rid of Magnolia golf course and repurposing that chunk of land.

aladdin2007

Didn't I read the Grand Floridian was going to be gutted and redone to the kingdom suits concept?? (which to me just means princess hotel)...I think it was in this thread,,I need to search back for that post.

It Is What It Is

Wouldn't Americana be represented by Wilderness, Contemporary, Floridian, Orleans, Saratoga, all the All Stars, and Pop?

Whatever theme is announced, one thing is for certain, it will be bashed by everyone for whom that theme was not their first choice.
Oh oh, pick me, I've got a theme everyone will love to h...bash...

Chinatown! Just think, the food, the shopping, the ornately done rooms. Who knows, might help ease trade tensions....

But only if there is a meet and greet with Jake Gittis! ....(If you are under 40 feel free to scratch your head)

Gatorboy

You have Contemporary complimenting Tomorrowland, Grand Floridian complimenting Main Street USA, Polynesian Complimenting Adventureland, and Wilderness Lodge complimenting Frontierland (although not on SSL). That leaves Fantasyland or Liberty Square. Port Orleans kinda represents Liberty Square (again not on SSL) so that leaves a Fantasyland Resort, maybe on the lines of Germany's Neuschwanstein Castle. Could throw in a Medieval Fair on the shore line.

lawdogNOLA

Oh oh, pick me, I've got a theme everyone will love to h...bash...

Chinatown! Just think, the food, the shopping, the ornately done rooms. Who knows, might help ease trade tensions....

But only if there is a meet and greet with Jake Gittis! ....(If you are under 40 feel free to scratch your head)

You're almost there, but not quite. Make a few changes, here and there, starting with ditching the Jake Gittis meet & greet for...

Jack Burton meet and greet! 😁

Plus this change doesn't have the #metoo issues your proposal carries.

It Is What It Is

You're almost there, but not quite. Make a few changes, here and there, starting with ditching the Jake Gittis meet & greet for...

Jack Burton meet and greet! 😁

Plus this change doesn't have the #metoo issues your proposal carries.
You got me on that one, I didn't consider the #metoo movement! But hey, I like that you are willing to help push the Chinatown theme along!

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Maybe they're finally going to start work on the other rooms Polynesian was supposed to get. They said it would be done in phases and maybe the next phase is going to finally start? I'm just guessing. It was said they would eventually get to having one and two bedrooms, like the other DVC villas and also they were supposed to also be putting in a lazy river at the main pool, similar to Stormalong Bay. At least that's what I'd heard. Maybe they're finally starting on all that? Or it's probably Reflections being built? Who knows? But has anybody heard anything about when DVC plans on finishing up all plans for Poly or did that all fall through?
It’s funny you mention this. Tikiman has mentioned on his FB page after a recent visit that the resort is about to be radically changed and that it won’t be the same. He also said there has been lots of survey work being done between the Poly and the GF.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes

Armchairing it... how about two new resorts with direct entrances into MK?

- A Tommorowland resort just north of the Contemporary. Create a park entrance by Tron.
- A Frontierland resort to the NW Frontierland on Floridian Way. Routing a Park entrance by the old Woody M&G are by SM. This one is a little more far out as it would require shifting some back of house stuff around.

Both entries could have a main street like entrances themed to the lands.

pdude81

Monothingie,
Interesting. I mean, that is what I'd heard when they were building the DVC for Poly was that it was going to be in phases and phase 1 was the opening of DVC there, with the studios and bungalows and that the other types of rooms plus a lazy river at the main pool would be in future phases. I was just wondering whether or not it fell through or if it was even true. Do you know? Plus I think they do need to add these types of rooms at Poly because there are lots of DVC owners out there that want to stay there and have big families and it would help them out to have the 2 bedroom villa so I think they need to do something.

I was not a DVC member or researching at the time, but as I look back the only thing I can find regarding phases is a number of times where they mention there being an initial phase of rooms being done for the DVC conversion and then a second phase where a big chunk of units weren't done until 6 months or so later. This wouldn't have been a big problem up front as all the units wouldn't be sold right as the resort came online. Did they mention how the lazy river was going to work? Perhaps getting rid of the boat dock?

I would be interested to see how they would accomplish another DVC add-on there, as it would almost certainly have to be a new "resort" at the Polynesian for DVC. They have introduced language that the original 14 DVC resort points can all trade between each other equally regardless of where the points were purchased, and if they add points to the existing resort they would all be eligible for those trades. Then there is also that they are selling the current points at a hugely inflated number now that they are sold out. I wonder if they would just convert more longhouses to a new DVC resort (similar to CCV) or if they would try to expand the footprint of the resort.

Janir

Ive got my death certificate...show me to the Haunted Mansion.....
We made sure to bring ours to our MNSSHP night and applied in person. ( death certificates pinned to our chests with our Celebrating Happily ever After buttons, and our Wedding Ears.)

We were told we need to go see Madam Leota for application processing, so you can probably just go straight to her with your application.
There was a bit of confusion if we were supposed to BE "scared" or BE "scary" in this shot.

503741781.jpeg

DisneyFreak

I thought I had remembered reading a few years ago that there was talk of removing Luau Cove and having a tower building on that side of the resort for more DVC rooms. I was hoping this idea was dead. This would really be a shame as the Poly is one of the original, best themed, and iconic resorts of Disney. It would be sad to see it changed so much as has been mentioned by Tikiman on his FB page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom