Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

s8film40

I guess you never heard of Disneyland, which has the Grand Californian with direct access to California Adventure for years. While I agree the hotel looks great, I do have questions about the parking. It looks like the hotel parking is in the fallout zone from the fireworks. If they have a nightly fire works show that could cause problems for parked cars and those driving on the road to the north. I am not sure the roads name but its a public road and the lawyers may have a problem with those fireworks causing accidents.
Yes I’m well aware of Grand Californian having an entrance. I also don’t think that entrance gives Universal some sort of edge over Disney. It definitely will give that hotel an edge. I was mostly pointing out that the Star Wars hotel isn’t really comparable to either Grand Californian or Universal new in park hotel.

KBLovedDisney

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/new-universal-orlando-theme-park-trnd/index.html

Universal Orlando announces new Epic Universe theme park
Universal execs stayed mum on just which franchises would occupy Epic Universe, but they promised guests would encounter "beloved stories" throughout the sprawling park. Concept art appears to portray at least two roller coasters, several indoor rides, large pools of water and a towering palace.
This has me excited. The last and only time I have ever been to Universal, I got to ride Back to the Future.

I need to go back.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That's great, Epic Universe will have as many attractions on opening day as Hollywood Studios has after 35 years of operation

This seems like a weird comparison. Also, unless I missed something, don't think anyone is really giving Uni a hard time regarding the potential for 9 opening day rides.

Timothy_Q

This seems like a weird comparison. Also, unless I missed something, don't think anyone is really giving Uni a hard time regarding the potential for 9 opening day rides.
Some people are
People complained heavily about Shanghai Disneyland being barren, spread out, and lacking on open but the concept demonstrates what appears to be 5 rides and 2 shows. The entire park has no cohesive elements which tie anything together, everything is just haphazardly thrown about with little to no thought. The hotel seems to add nothing to the park besides simply being there. Hotel MiraCosta at Tokyo DisneySea adds to the park in more ways than I can say, but Epic Universe seems to be a shallow attempt at expanding Universal Orlando.

SplashJacket

That's great, Epic Universe will have as many attractions on opening day as Hollywood Studios has after 35 years of operation
The quality of the rides is what truly matters. You cannot compare the POTC in Shanghai Disneyland to literary anything Universal has. The ride cost around 450 million. Granted, Shanghai POTC is better than anything else Disney has, but it anchors Shanghai. Universal rides pale in comparison with the exception of Forbidden Journey and Spiderman. Rides like Transformers are a sad excuse for E-Tickets, and yet it encapsulates Universal's standards for attractions. Using Hollywood Studios as the bar is setting the future up for mediocrity.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The quality of the rides is what truly matters. You cannot compare the POTC in Shanghai Disneyland to literary anything Universal has. The ride cost around 450 million. Granted, Shanghai POTC is better than anything else Disney has, but it anchors Shanghai. Universal rides pale in comparison with the exception of Forbidden Journey and Spiderman. Rides like Transformers are a sad excuse for E-Tickets, and yet it encapsulates Universal's standards for attractions. Using Hollywood Studios as the bar is setting the future up for mediocrity.

Ironic seeing that Spiderman and Transformers are very similar

seascape

On a different note. I hope EU is tremendous, as it would not only add another attraction in Orlando but also increase the competition leading to further development in WDW and friendlier prices for the consumer as opposed to seemingly constant price increases.
Do you actually believe this new park will not lead to higher Universal ticket prices. Right now you can buy an annual seasonal pass for $216. When the new park opens and you get 3 instead of 2 what will happen to the price. Also when they have thousands of more hotel rooms and the are not as dependent on locals what will happen? The answer is simple. Season passes with and without blackouts will increase to be closer to WDW prices. Daily tickets will go up too. The competition between Disney and Universal is for tourists with lots of money. Neither company cares about the $200 to $300 a yeat customer. They want people who stay in their hotel and ot timeshares and spend a fortune. They want you to stay in their rooms, only spend time at their parks and in their resorts and eat in their restaurants. The only question I have for Comcast is are they going to start a timeshare like the DVC? Disney has no problem with people like me who have Platinum Plus Annual Passes but they will be reducing the benefits of the lower passes as they add more and more resorts and Comcast is the same. They don't care about anything but the bottom line.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Super Mario Galaxy???

raven

Do you actually believe this new park will not lead to higher Universal ticket prices. Right now you can buy an annual seasonal pass for $216. When the new park opens and you get 3 instead of 2 what will happen to the price. Also when they have thousands of more hotel rooms and the are not as dependent on locals what will happen? The answer is simple. Season passes with and without blackouts will increase to be closer to WDW prices. Daily tickets will go up too. The competition between Disney and Universal is for tourists with lots of money. Neither company cares about the $200 to $300 a yeat customer. They want people who stay in their hotel and ot timeshares and spend a fortune. They want you to stay in their rooms, only spend time at their parks and in their resorts and eat in their restaurants. The only question I have for Comcast is are they going to start a timeshare like the DVC? Disney has no problem with people like me who have Platinum Plus Annual Passes but they will be reducing the benefits of the lower passes as they add more and more resorts and Comcast is the same. They don't care about anything but the bottom line.
This describes most for-profit companies in America.

SplashJacket

I recall spending $170 for a 2-day pass for Universal around Christmas. Universal will maximize their profit as best they can. I never mentioned anything with about their ticket prices I was talking about Disney's. If people are willing to pay more and still visit, the prices will rise. WDW prices have been rapidly increasing yet people still visit in droves. Universal is not attempting to spread the people who visit the 2 parks over 3 parks, they are attempting to attract guests. If that means stealing people from Disney, great! Disney won't struggle, but they can not stop adding expansions after this wave ends, and continuously increase the prices at the same time. When Universal adds a new park, of course, the Annual passes should increase. You gain more value. I see the new park as a win for the consumer.

raven

I guess you never heard of Disneyland, which has the Grand Californian with direct access to California Adventure for years. While I agree the hotel looks great, I do have questions about the parking. It looks like the hotel parking is in the fallout zone from the fireworks. If they have a nightly fire works show that could cause problems for parked cars and those driving on the road to the north. I am not sure the roads name but its a public road and the lawyers may have a problem with those fireworks causing accidents.
When did Universal confirm nightly fireworks for the park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom