News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Professortango1

But would that really have been such an unusual (or bad for that matter) concept? All of the greenery in Pandora that is not on "ground level" is fake, all of the greenery on the Disney Springs parking garages is fake, and (from what I have been told) all of the greenery around Three Bridges (the restaurant on the water at Coronado Springs at WDW) is fake and in all three cases, it looks convincing. If anything, using fake foliage in the upper sections would have allowed them to create more "alien" looking plant species (like they did for Pandora).

The second half of the post you quoted explained why fake greenery is an issue. Seven Dwarfs features fake greenery and a fire resulted with fireworks fallout. Galaxy's Edge is closer to the fireworks than Seven Dwarfs meaning that its mountain range covered in fake greenery could potentially be a huge fire hazard.

Anders Limpar

Sorry, Light Magic was more fun than SWGE. The elves were creepy and have haunted my dreams ever since, but there was more music and fun in that failed parade than in the beige, desolate, bleak wasteland of SWGE. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I've never seen Light Magic or even watched a youtube video, I do know of it's reputation though. The song from the Official Album is fantastic in my opinion.

TROR

The second half of the post you quoted explained why fake greenery is an issue. Seven Dwarfs features fake greenery and a fire resulted with fireworks fallout. Galaxy's Edge is closer to the fireworks than Seven Dwarfs meaning that its mountain range covered in fake greenery could potentially be a huge fire hazard.
DHS has no excuse to not have any greenery then so it better have some. Honestly, though, I don’t think greenery even would’ve been a real problem.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Seven Dwarfs features fake greenery and a fire resulted with fireworks fallout.

Maybe I'm nieve... but I was under the impression that most of the landscaping on SDMT was real plants (not plastic). I was under th impression that it was some of the (real) grass on the mountain that had caught fire. I wouldn't imagine that plastic greenery would catch fire the way the foliage caught fire on SDMT... again, I could be totally wrong...

mary2013

Does anyone know when the AP blackout gets lifted? I'm going mid-August and crossing my fingers the crowds will still be light then. Oh, and I'm also going to WDW December 7th. That should be fun. o_O

TP2000

Gotta love the Parks Blog playing that article off as "exciting news" and relating WDW's Dec 5th opening to Walt's birthday. LOL

Isn't the Parks Blog great?!? It's like this little gift of comedy that we get from Celebration, Florida every week.

I would pay $100 bucks to take a tour of their Celebration cubicle farm, and for the grand finale' to the tour they would let you stand behind a big window in their conference room and watch them craft these statements. They have to be given some basic facts and info to start from, in this case that the big new E Ticket that was supposed to open last month is still totally screwed up and won't be opening until next year, ruining everyone's vacation plans and causing alarm.

But then they take that bucket of steaming crap and dump it on their conference room table, and they mold it and work it and shape it and build it up into this beautiful series of words and paragraphs that make that steaming pile of crap into the literary equivalent of a gorgeous marble statue of Mickey Mouse releasing Peace Doves into a summer breeze. Ahora!

They are talented people to keep doing that with words week after week. I'd love to know what anti-depressants they are on to keep sane.

britain

Isn't the Parks Blog great?!? It's like this little gift of comedy that we get from Celebration, Florida every week.

I would pay $100 bucks to take a tour of their Celebration cubicle farm, and for the grand finale' to the tour they would let you stand behind a big window in their conference room and watch them craft these statements. They have to be given some basic facts and info to start from, in this case that the big new E Ticket that was supposed to open last month is still totally screwed up and won't be opening until next year, ruining everyone's vacation plans and causing alarm.

But then they take that bucket of steaming crap and dump it on their conference room table, and they mold it and work it and shape it and build it up into this beautiful series of words and paragraphs that make that steaming pile of crap into the literary equivalent of a gorgeous marble statue of Mickey Mouse releasing Peace Doves into a summer breeze. Ahora!

They are talented people to keep doing that with words week after week. I'd love to know what anti-depressants they are on to keep sane.

Hey, isn't it about time for drinks with the neighbor lady?

Love the new avatar, by the way.

George Lucas on a Bench

The 7 Dwarfs fire as I recall looked like a big blaze because it was next to miniature trees.

They shoot off big flamethrowers next to the castle. I'm sure they can have some shrubs in Galaxy Edge.

Stop making excuses.

TP2000

Seriously, how successful does your lobotomy have to be to be able to sit in your cubicle each day and write this stuff? :oops:

"As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.

Between now and then, we’ll have lots more to share about this immersive, multi-platform experience so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates."

This big delay has inspired me to start building my own immersive, multi-platform experience in my own home this summer.

Hopefully by Labor Day it will look like this. Stay tuned!

46be66cc01266679b8831781de110754--crazy-cat-lady-crazy-cats.jpg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seriously, how successful does your lobotomy have to be to be able to sit in your cubicle each day and write this stuff? :oops:

"As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.

Between now and then, we’ll have lots more to share about this immersive, multi-platform experience so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates."

This big delay has inspired me to start building my own immersive, multi-platform experience in my own home this summer.

Hopefully by Labor Day it will look like this. Stay tuned!

46be66cc01266679b8831781de110754--crazy-cat-lady-crazy-cats.jpg

Which is the one with rabies?

Oh wait, I see it at two o'clock...

mlayton144

SWGE burning down as a result of misfired fireworks , worse things could happen ?

George Lucas on a Bench

Anyone else getting weird Neiman Marcus Star Wars ads with see-through tops? I edited out the inappropriate parts, but it would seem the entire ad is inappropriate as it is. What have I been Googling?

PSX_20190711_152725.jpg

Curious Constance

Thankfully they are so good at weaving their tapestries of BS, because they likely failed out of every other course in business school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom