News Blizzard Beach closing for extended refurbishment this year with enhancements coming

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m going to WDW in September and have already scheduled in all my fast passes and my day in BB. Do you think Disney would sort me out anything if I got in touch due to this late announcement with such short notice?

I’m gutted this wasn’t announced earlier as my plans are pretty finalised now my fast passes are all booked.
Typhoon?

.:Adam:.

Yeah I have Typhoon planned for my 2nd week. When you pay for a 6 park hopper ticket you expect all 6 parks to be open. Bit disappointing from Disney on this one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well Disney caters to different markets and this highlights one big difference: the water parks are never marketed in North America as full gates ”...or wdw as having “6 parks”. That is packaged for UK consumption as you Chaps are far more into those add ons on a per capital basis.

One of the prime reasons that typhoon and blizzard go down on rotation between November and February - other than the weather - is to make sure “holiday” season in August and September is served.

Unfortunately...there’s not much that will help you with this scenario. Rehabs always knock things out at inopportune times for somebody.

Club Cooloholic

I’m going to WDW in September and have already scheduled in all my fast passes and my day in BB. Do you think Disney would sort me out anything if I got in touch due to this late announcement with such short notice?

I’m gutted this wasn’t announced earlier as my plans are pretty finalised now my fast passes are all booked.
Can't you go to Typhoon Lagoon instead?
Edit: I see you already are going. That said let me say that September there are storms etc...we had planned on Typhoon our last day, got to the gate and boom thunder and lightning closed the park. So having wiggle room for the water park says is good. I don't see them doing anything because these changes are constant, anyone could call and make the same claims.

sonoma15

Just looked it up after figuring out the Volcano Bay abbreviation. Looks cool but not as intense at the river at Atlantis
Having been to both, Volcano Bay's river is more intense throughout the whole thing (its super fast in some points) but Atlantis' river has its own charm. Overall I would say Atlantis is better for the length and the fact you can get on slides without ever leaving your tube (if the conveyer ever works) but overall VB is more intense.

WDW Pro

I have zero intel on upgrades to Blizzard Beach and was caught off guard by this. I do know that it is very expensive to even conceive expansions to Blizzard Beach (as opposed to Typhoon Lagoon) for a plethora of reasons. Todd Levine is a big fan of Blizzard Beach though, and he's a major player at WDI; but at the same time, he's fully immersed in working on Marvel for DCA so I doubt he has anything at all to do with an expansion. With it not having started construction yet, and seemingly being fully installed during refurb time, I'm very much leaning towards this being something small.

I hope I'm wrong though. I love me some Typhoon Lagoon and would be happy to have the crowds pulled over to the smaller (hotter) water park. ;)

djkidkaz

I have zero intel on upgrades to Blizzard Beach and was caught off guard by this. I do know that it is very expensive to even conceive expansions to Blizzard Beach (as opposed to Typhoon Lagoon) for a plethora of reasons. Todd Levine is a big fan of Blizzard Beach though, and he's a major player at WDI; but at the same time, he's fully immersed in working on Marvel for DCA so I doubt he has anything at all to do with an expansion. With it not having started construction yet, and seemingly being fully installed during refurb time, I'm very much leaning towards this being something small.

I hope I'm wrong though. I love me some Typhoon Lagoon and would be happy to have the crowds pulled over to the smaller (hotter) water park. ;)

Why is blizzard beach much more expensive to expand?

WDW Pro

Why is blizzard beach much more expensive to expand?

First, the theme is more expensive to execute well. Second, there is much less expansion space for Blizzard Beach than TL, and getting to those limited spaces likely requires rerouting perimeter water lines (and they're not small). My best guess is they would put the expansion on the west side in a forested area, but they'd have to get over the backstage road and spend money to hide Buena Vista Drive from inside the park if they want to do it right.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s ok...the intel can come from Burbank 😉

But at most maybe they put in a new feature or update an existing one

Touchdown

To everyone complaining about the stairs, other then the double tube slides on the back of the mountain (for which you must lug that tube up from the bottom) every other slide at BB is accessible from the ski lift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom