Next Gen Busses

Goofyernmost

Of course they are. What happens when Suzie and Tommy can't ride on the Mickey Mouse bus?
Then you slap them on the butt, tell them to be thankful that you are there at all and stop being little entitled brats. I'm guessing! It's never to early to enforce the fact that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Seriously, the important thing to remember is that if as a parent we don't mention it or make a big deal out of it, they will never know the options or the difference. There is absolutely no reason for it to ever blow up into anything. What if it's a Mickey Bus and they love Elsa?

drizgirl

Then you slap them on the butt, tell them to be thankful that you are there at all and stop being little entitled brats. I'm guessing! It's never to early to enforce the fact that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Seriously, the important thing to remember is that if as a parent we don't mention it or make a big deal out of it, they will never know the options or the difference. There is absolutely no reason for it to ever blow up into anything. What if it's a Mickey Bus and they love Elsa?
Never too early to start slapping them around I guess.

mm121

They might after they start charging to park in DS...

I don't think they can legally do that since the garages are considered public paid for with RCID bonds. Plus they weren't designed with that in mind.

In terms of look.

wdwbus.jpg

new-disney-bus-character-wrap-2.jpg

3. 50 feet of crap.
disney-bus-720x340.jpg

IMHO.
What was number 3? Or was that just a joke.

I think Iike number 1 best. Not super colorful but traditional in design.

Number 2 is an improvement over number 4 though.

They could have kept the design of number 1 and just added characters to the windows like they did with the skyliner and maybe done the red in different colors just like there are 4 or 5 base colors on the skyliner and have it be that sometimes you ride on a character bus and other times you don't.

While I know it wouldn't be cheap it's too bad they dont re wrap some othe the older ones to the red n gray instead of having 3 or 4 different designs

We're going to wrap your gondolas, we're going to wrap your buses, we're going to wrap your boats, and maybe if you're lucky we're going to wrap your cars. Welcome to Disney where everything is wrapped and the prices do matter.

Nottamus

For us, the buses are part of the whole vacation experience. We drive down, so parking the car for the week and using buses is the best.

You can’t see the wrap from the inside.

Sometimes you get a driver who makes jokes, tells you facts, sings, just entertains you as you head to your destination.

These could be 50’ cardboard boxes on wheels (IMO) and I’d still think they were part of the whole Disney experience.

(Cardboard boxes with a/c, that is )

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Kind of surprised they didnt use the new design for the characters (the design from the shorts that they are using for MMRR)... then again, there would probably be even more complaints if they did that...

Cmdr_Crimson

Kind of surprised they didnt use the new design for the characters (the design from the shorts that they are using for MMRR)... then again, there would probably be even more complaints if they did that...
Those versions are represented on the gondolas.....IMO I'm sure guests are going to have a fun old time when they say.."Come on everyone..Let's all jump on The Goofy Bus!"
tenor.gif

No Name

It’s a bus. Get over it

There’s some dude here who has a huge interest in ski lifts. I will never understand why he cares so much and spends so much time discussing it, but I certainly don’t criticize him for it. Everyone has different interests. In this case, some people care about minute details in themed entertainment. I’m certainly not losing sleep over the bus wraps but I find it worth my time to comment on it.

If you don’t, perhaps spend your time commenting on things you’re interested in.

Captain Barbossa

The reason why I'm asking this is because DPB made a confusing post, as usual, on social media, but are the wraps going to be on the entire fleet, just the new buses, or the new buses and some of the current ones?

flynnibus

Premium Member
There was a whole conspiracy theory movement that Disney was purposely making guest experiences get worse solely to upsell them on upgrades to avoid those poor services. The bus theory was one of them... all the evidence to the contrary notwithstanding: dedicated bus lanes, new buses, new bus terminals, alternative free transportation with the gondolas, bus ETA monitors at the stops and then on MDE, large scale highway reconfigurements, etc...

Well don’t forget there has been three different heads of transportation since the monorail accident (2009). Two different heads of wdw during that time... and two different heads of p&r during that same time.

So plenty of opportunity for pivoting there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom