Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TJJohn12

So... the John Williams suite...

I’ve listened a couple times now. And I do like it and what it bodes for the land in general. But I do have to say it doesn’t feel “Star Wars” as much as “Raiders.” That makes sense. Black Spire Outpost looks like it will feel more like the market chases of an Indy flick than a typical space opera.

I also really appreciate the fact Williams isn’t leaning on themes of characters who aren’t present - no superfluous Binary Sunsets or Leia mixed in. And god bless him for leaving off the title-crawl Luke fanfare.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I read in a Facebook group it was about 3000 per 4 hour group. Take that for what it's worth.

I've heard numbers between 2,000 and 3,000. One thing that's not clear is whether that is the quantity of reservations, or the quantity of people. When I made mine I was able to add I believe up to 5 guests (up to 6 guests total on a reservation). So if everyone took the maximum number of guests (not likely) it could be as high as 18,000 people in each wave which feels pretty high. I'm inclined to think it's closer to the 2,000 level if not lower which would put them somewhere below 12,000 which is still too many. Between no-shows and smaller that 6 guest parties we're likely looking at 12-15K per wave

Last edited:

Rteetz

Announced today:

The Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit will include Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as other experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom theme parks. Here’s the rundown:

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.
(Please note that on Aug. 29-31, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.)

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park (same as today’s morning Extra Magic Hours offerings).
  • Magic Kingdom Park —Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (same as today’s morning EMH offerings).
Extra Magic Hours will also continue to be available on select days at Epcot.

mlayton144

Announced today:

The Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit will include Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as other experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom theme parks. Here’s the rundown:

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.
(Please note that on Aug. 29-31, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.)

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park (same as today’s morning Extra Magic Hours offerings).
  • Magic Kingdom Park —Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (same as today’s morning EMH offerings).
Extra Magic Hours will also continue to be available on select days at Epcot.

This is frustrating , the only benefit to $500 per night hotel guests Is getting up at 5am to get in line with the 30k other hotel guests? And the first 2 days there is NO benefit ?? Please tell me this will change somehow like at Disneyland where there is at least some orderly reservation system , this is hard to believe

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is frustrating , the only benefit to $500 per night hotel guests Is getting up at 5am to get in line with the 30k other hotel guests? And the first 2 days there is NO benefit ?? Please tell me this will change somehow like at Disneyland where there is at least some orderly reservation system , this is hard to believe

I'll be paying $130/night for that privilege. And I get to ride the gondola!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Question: Will the WDW buses be running from the resorts this early? Or should we plan on taking alternative? If the buses are available, how early should we plan on catching the bus from POR to get in the front of that line?! :)
from WDW Twitter account this morning

"We apologize for any frustration this announcement has caused. Please know that our Resort bus transportation will begin earlier in order to bring our Resort Guests to a galaxy far, far away in addition to the early hours on opening day."

Last edited:

Kman101

I appreciate the response. However criticism doesn't resonate with me without also offering up a worthwhile solution. A Star Wars Land was always going to be a zoo at opening. It is its destiny so to speak.

Not singling you out, I have been critical of all critics who don't explain how it could or should be done better.

Anyone can Monday morning quarterback.

I disagree with your stance, somewhat. I do agree we should offer solutions. I do quite a bit (and you need to stop blindly thinking they always know what they're doing, a lot of criticism has been very valid; it's not smart to be so blind). And some who liked your post should be aware of my posting history ;) and know that I'm not critical or negative just to be critical and negative ;) I still visit the parks and enjoy myself. I don't sit there and keep track of everything that's wrong so that I can come back and complain about it ;) (sorry for replying so late, I know the thread has LOOOOONG moved on, lol, sometimes I forget to reply ...)

I just shelled out $100 bucks for After Hours. Twice. (So I can experience it and actually know what I'm talking about, unlike you sometimes who is out of touch with how they operate and you don't visit the parks very often, which I know isn't possible for a lot of folks, not being critical of that, it's RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE and I'm lucky I live so close, but I do sometimes know what I'm talking about ...) I'm not a negative nancy hater ;) but I feel like I call them out when they deserve to be called out and I give them credit when I think they deserve it. It's not black or white for me. I don't either blindly love everything or hate everything ;)

Hope you and others better understand where I come from :)

flynnibus

Premium Member

Wait.. your frustrated because Disney gave a perk to onsite guests they didn't to non-resort guests? And this surprises you? Did you just come out of the ice like steve rogers?

Mike S

Wait.. your frustrated because Disney gave a perk to onsite guests they didn't to non-resort guests? And this surprises you? Did you just come out of the ice like steve rogers?
XS5LK.gif

mlayton144

What perk are you talking about ? I am complaining about the lack of a perk . FP at minimum would allow an orderly system to at least reserve a spot , and forget the the first 2 days where its a free for all ?

180º

I can’t believe I’m hearing complaints about this. There is only so much capacity for SWGE, and extending hours allows for a few thousand extra guests to see it each day. Serving as many guests as possible should be a high priority in what is sure to be an insanely busy time for the park, and by extending hours they are doing so without upcharges or complications.

Kman101

and by extending hours they are doing so without upcharges or complications.

So far, thankfully :)

I like the idea of opening at 6am instead of the reservation system very few can take part in, but of course if you have a $600 room a night you can get in ... I understand Disneyland is a different sort of park, but the reservation system has been messy from the start and Disneyland will probably be dealing with thousands of upset guests. IMO it's a mess. Just have people wait in line. They're trying to control it, and I get it, but ... I just see disaster for some reason. But hey, every Florida vlogger will be in Anaheim of course ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom