Why are some people snobby and poke fun at people who vacation at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CmdrShepN7

Original Poster
I remember back a few years ago some army guard officer guy who has been to vacations in Europe laughed at Disney parks and people who vacation at Disney on some random internet forum.

Why are some people so rude and judgemental? What makes them think that they are better than us?

I think people like that are really unhappy.

thomas998

I remember back a few years ago some army guard officer guy who has been to vacations in Europe laughed at Disney parks and people who vacation at Disney on some random internet forum.

Why are some people so rude and judgemental? What makes them think that they are better than us?

Generally when someone makes fun of where someone vacations whether Disney or any other place at the very core of it is jealousy. Good chance the person that went to Europe didn't want to go and only went because their spouse pushed for it or some other reason. People that don't like a place you go won't normally make fun of the place simply to be mean, most will only do it if they are trying to convince themselves that it wasn't a nice trip and that they had more fun somewhere else.

Tanna Eros

Foo to them. The Disney going friends I have are fun, like a good time, and enjoy themselves- just not at Disney, but wherever they are. Those aren't bad attributes to have.

Paper straw fan

I know I also like to travel, so if I knew someone who only took Disney vacations I might think internally “hey maybe try something else one year”

I’ve thought this before to my friend who, no matter where he goes, mostly sits by a pool/beach and drinks. That’s mainly it. I’ve never said anything to him other than “yeah we’re a lot more go-go on our trips”

But you know what? It’s his and his wife’s money, and if that’s what they enjoy doing in their vacation time, then screw what I or anyone else thinks.

I’d say the only vacation trips I might turn my nose at outwardly would be some Uber rich D bag who’s idea of fun is going and hunting/killing an elephant or similar simply for fun. But other than that, you do you.

Bartledvd

I live less than a quarter of a mile from a castle the whole of the uk is full of amazing history art and culture with great places to see nature, I go to disney annually for the entertainment and have many weekend breaks with my wife to escape the children :D .
This is the same silly argument about mobile phones, designer bags , car brands and all the other nonsense i guess others just need to make some people feel small to make them feel better about their own lives.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Usually when asked why I visit Disney (or the Orlando area in general) so much - and my Spidey sense begins to tingle due to situational awareness - where I sense judgement is about to be passed upon me - I revert to:

56B9847C-B5FC-4E3D-B17A-22AD722BA9D3.jpeg

Then I poke holes in their favorite vacation spots. “What’s so great about Hawaii? It’s an island with active Volcanos...sure it’s got a beach..but I have a beach where I live too.....AND I don’t have to worry about Liquid Hot Magma”

Usually after about 5 minutes of my interrogation tactics - they’ll look at me and say “You just don’t get it”. I look right back and say “exactly!” The subject usually changes at that point

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Why does anyone mock any one else, usually to prop up their own ego. That said, I think it is healthy to try different vacations. Its nice to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but even cooler to try to visit its influences if you can.

Club Cooloholic

The Old Faithful Inn is on my bucket list.
Mine too. Been to this one

..and just learned now, that the name was changed a few years ago!!
The Ahwahnee was renamed the Majestic Yosemite Hotel on March 1, 2016, due to a legal dispute between the US Government, which owns the property, and the outgoing concessionaire, Delaware North, which claims rights to the trademarked name.[5]

eliza61nyc

The Old Faithful Inn is on my bucket list.
OMG, mine too.

Anyhoo, I'm lucky that I really haven't come across anyone whose made fun of me going to Disney, I do get people ask me why I go so often and to me that's a good question.

I also admit that I will ask why if someone says they never go anywhere else. That will definitely raise my eyebrows.

Club Cooloholic

OMG, mine too.

Anyhoo, I'm lucky that I really haven't come across anyone whose made fun of me going to Disney, I do get people ask me why I go so often and to me that's a good question.

I also admit that I will ask why if someone says they never go anywhere else. That will definitely raise my eyebrows.
I have people that told me they will never go to WDW too which strikes me as odd unless you just dont like theme parks at all. 90 percent of the time a person who swears to never want to go to WDW as an adult was never taken as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom