News Disney's Hollywood Studios announces 30th Anniversary celebration details for May 1 2019

Missing20K

BB-8 being in Wall-E? That's a new one.
I'll show myself out.
giphy.gif

SirLink

I don't think so...not with D23 so close. It makes sense to make a big splash at the 30th but that was their chance.

There is so many projects for Disney Parks worldwide that are in process they wouldn't have trouble filling a D23 90 minute panel so I wouldn't use that to excuse this.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I was genuinely excited for a new logo and I can safely say that is the laziest, stupidest and most hideous logo I could’ve imagined. They didn’t even bother to try and disguise their cash hungry intentions. Just slap characters on the words “Hollywood Studios” and call it a day

goodness. It is just an unimpressive logo...not a ridiculous upcharge event or something of that nature.

aladdin2007

I was genuinely excited for a new logo and I can safely say that is the laziest, stupidest and most hideous logo I could’ve imagined. They didn’t even bother to try and disguise their cash hungry intentions. Just slap characters on the words “Hollywood Studios” and call it a day

agree...and I thought the current one was nice, they are just going generic IP with everything property wide and its very disappointing.

Janir

It's likely the same thing they did for the 25th parade. Characters in cars.

And of course the usual array of merch and cupcakes.

Not really sure what else they could do but I chuckle at the predictability of it all. All the vloggers will be there to video and photo the merch they won't buy and then show off the cupcakes and snacks they take a few bites of to show off and toss out ... maybe I'm feeling a bit jaded by the company this morning. I need some more coffee ;)

I'm with ya on the "usual" few special merch items and cupcakes. Merch that are just some new logo on existing items, and the "specialty" cupcakes. Especially the cupcakes, can't we get a little more inventive than some other combination of frosting on a flavored bit of cake?!? Or at least get more inventive on the damned cupcakes! My wife does specialty cupcakes as a hobby that are much better than the WDW specialty cupcakes. Champagne cupcakes, zinger style cupcakes, Elvis cupcakes (peanut butter/ banana/ bacon) and my fav - maharani cupcakes - lemon curd with a bit of curry inside of a yellow cupcake with a basil whipped cream frosting.
Yeah is it more work, sure. But you're charging us a ton for your cupcakes and candy apples and such. Show some culinary creativity and not just some new frosting designs.
Ok rant over...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom