News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You have had 20 years of the same show it's gone get over it.

jrhwdw

IllumiNations is a huge part of the history of the park. I would think that it's not even a question that there will be some type of nod to it in EPCOT Forever.
I would think Epcot would put IllumiNations something in EF. What version it should/will be, IDK

Maybe Laserphonic Fantasy? Since it was the first Nighttime show that did well and lasted all the way til IllumiNations 1988?

dreday3

I apologize, but I can't find the dates. We are going in May 2020, will we be seeing the interim show or the final replacement? Excited for either one! :)

thanks!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I apologize, but I can't find the dates. We are going in May 2020, will we be seeing the interim show or the final replacement? Excited for either one! :)

thanks!

The only date announced is the beginning of the interim show, but, going by our insiders, it is likely that...
  • Oct 1, 2019 -- Sep 30, 2020: The interim show, Epcot Forever
  • Oct 1, 2020 -- ?: The permanent replacement, Windows on the World (rumored)
You can keep track of such rumors here:

dreday3

The only date announced is the beginning of the interim show, but, going by our insiders, it is likely that...

Oh thank you! I was secretly hoping to see the Epcot Forever show and my dates fall before Oct 1, 2020 so looks like I may get my wish. :)

I will make note of the tracking thread, thanks!

Mikey73181

Is the new permanent show still supposed to keep the Illuminations title??

jrhwdw

Is the new permanent show still supposed to keep the Illuminations title??
That article that came out 1-2 weeks said Illuminations 2020.

I think it's too early for a name announcement for 2020.

As far as how long we have EF, I'm guessing the end date can move around depending how the construction goes with the 2020 setup?
Or does Epcot have a deadline already of Oct 1, 2020? (exactly 1 year away from the 50th, if that effects the full replacement in any way.)

FigmentForver96

I think it's kind of funny a lot are assuming Epcot Forever will be no better than "the tags" ... no it won't be on the level of what it's being replaced by, but it should be a solid show ... but we'll see :)
I am slowly coming around. I’m sure Epcot Forever will be fine....it’s what’s coming that is worrying

Kman101

I am slowly coming around. I’m sure Epcot Forever will be fine....it’s what’s coming that is worrying

I'm not worried about being impressed by the new show replacing Epcot Forever. It better be gosh darn STUNNING and IMPRESSIVE. lol. But the content? Jury's out on that one ... there's a way they can do it where I'd possibly be OK with it (as a short term show ...). I just have a hard time stomaching an IP fest for years and years and years to come. This should also be a temporary show. JMO. But it depends on the full execution. I'm trying not to condemn it completely, but I'm extremely disappointed it's an IPfest (and I don't take the "I hate IP anywhere in Epcot" stance; I can take Ratatouille; I'm all for a REAL Poppins ride; Coco in Mexico? Sure ... They could have used Big Hero 6 to revitalize Innoventions instead of tearing it down) ... I don't think every park needs an IP fest as a nighttime show; I guess I'm kind of a hypocrite ... but you can still tell the same message with IP; it's just a matter of execution, which they've sucked at). Of course, my first preference would be less IP, more originality, but I think there's a way to blend them they haven't figured out how to do it yet; I sadly understand this is the stance they have taken right now.

We all know they went with IP to get people, short term, into the park. That's all this is about. Marketing. And look at Epcot Forever. They get marketing mileage out of Illuminations ending. They get all the fanboys and hardcore fans coming for Epcot Forever. Then they get the push of guests when IPnations debuts. They just care about getting guests in. They aren't thinking long-term for this park. These all feel like bandaids.

Last edited:

TOCPE82

So we aren't playing word games. Do not expect any public performances of the new show before the date they published earlier this week. If you will be visiting before that date, you should expect to experience the same RoE show we've all been enjoying for many years. If you expect otherwise, you will be choosing to set yourself up for disappointment.
They will practice it after park close. As a CM, I would often go to EPCOT after close and see the preview of the Holiday tag fireworks the night before, July 3rd was the most FW I think I have ever seen shot off at once, haha.

RSoxNo1

Just a thought. We've seen a piece of concept art for Rivers of Light: We Are One that implies a real world / animated world montage. Could we expect to see something similar play out in the Epcot 2020 show? While it's not my first choice, it could work as an effective visual and certainly checks the "Stories they inspire" box.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom