Monorail Lime finally out of shop — Blue deltas are back!

Monorail Lime

Original Poster
D2E05DD0-026C-4128-97EC-3FA8474ED563.jpeg

Maybe I’m biased but I felt this deserves its own thread. :D

trainplane3

View attachment 333388

Maybe I’m biased but I felt this deserves its own thread. :D
This is also a good picture for those of us that couldn't tell the difference between Green and Lime (before the blue deltas were back).

In my head lime and green seem the same but that picture makes lime look more...lime-ier. If that makes sense. Which it probably doesn't.

kurtk

Not to be a downer, but why bother? The monorails will hopefully all be replaced in the near future, so wouldn't it have made sense to save the money this cost and put it towards the new monorails? I get that the cost was probably insignificant, but I don't understand why they would put any love into the current system unless they plan on keeping it around for a long time, which is hopefully unlikely.
You are assuming the rumors are true and they are going to buy new trains. They may not be updating them anytime soon. Also, if they have a scheduled maintenance program that has to do with safety, you can't just skip it for a year or two. I am sure Disney doesn't want to have any accidents. Can you imagine the publicity and lawsuit if they skipped maintenance and there was an accident?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not to be a downer, but why bother? The monorails will hopefully all be replaced in the near future, so wouldn't it have made sense to save the money this cost and put it towards the new monorails? I get that the cost was probably insignificant, but I don't understand why they would put any love into the current system unless they plan on keeping it around for a long time, which is hopefully unlikely.

My guess is that perhaps a new paint job might provide a dual purpose -- protecting the outside from the Florida weather (heat, storms, etc.) -- while also, maintaining a pleasant visual appearance for guests to enjoy. In other words, even if they did replace the monorail, it probably wouldn't be soon.

Last edited:

peter11435

FAM and other internal departments like it operate generally independent of any major proposed changes and closers. They are tasked with maintaining assets while they are in use.

BalooChicago

Not to be a downer, but why bother?

If you disregard the fact we don’t know when, or if, Disney will order new monorails, there is design time to design them, production time to build them. Disney wouldn’t receive them all at once. The switch to the Mark VI took three years. So let’s say Disney places an order today. Give them a year to design, a year to build the first train set, if Lime were the last to go, it could still be in service five years from now.

Would you be happy with the train going unpainted for five plus years?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
What does FAM stand for? And I guess I was mistaken, I thought that upgrades such as the one seen in this thread were directed by higher ups.

Unfortunately no. Automation would not have happened without the 2009 accident. Paint and maintenance as stated above are based on the need to maintain an asset and meet minimum guest standards. Emphasis on minimum.

It’s not unique to monorails, you can see this with virtually every thing else at Disney. Again emphasis on minimum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom