2020-Gaming discussion

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
What are the dances about? Do they have a bad meaning or are they just for fun?

Basically I’m asking if it’s odd that my kid is doing the dances nonstop.lol. He’s never even played the game.

He wants it, but the rating says 13+

The dance emotes are harmless, just some fun. Most online games have some kind of celebratory dancing in it. As for the 13+, I personally wouldn’t worry too much, Fortnite is the biggest game out right now and chances are everyone he knows is playing it. It has violence yes but it’s not over the top cause for concern type stuff. That’s my opinion though.

Speaking of battle royals, what happened to PUBG? I just saw it down to $15 bucks. Talk about getting all the hype then flushed down the toilet when a better product came out. The game still runs like crap on mediocre systems where Fortnite runs great on anything.

Personally I still can play FPS on consoles, it’s PC or nothing, once you go mouse and keyboard you can never go back to a joystick.

Currently playing Final Fantasy 14, Square Enix’s Current cash cow and all I can say is OMG. I can’t believe how good the game is, how it’s driven by a huge FF style storyline. I never thought after years of World of Warcraft I could see something someone does better than Blizzard but I’m a believer in FF 14. Keep Yoshi P!

21stamps

The dance emotes are harmless, just some fun. Most online games have some kind of celebratory dancing in it. As for the 13+, I personally wouldn’t worry too much, Fortnite is the biggest game out right now and chances are everyone he knows is playing it. It has violence yes but it’s not over the top cause for concern type stuff. That’s my opinion though.

Speaking of battle royals, what happened to PUBG? I just saw it down to $15 bucks. Talk about getting all the hype then flushed down the toilet when a better product came out. The game still runs like crap on mediocre systems where Fortnite runs great on anything.

Personally I still can play FPS on consoles, it’s PC or nothing, once you go mouse and keyboard you can never go back to a joystick.

Currently playing Final Fantasy 14, Square Enix’s Current cash cow and all I can say is OMG. I can’t believe how good the game is, how it’s driven by a huge FF style storyline. I never thought after years of World of Warcraft I could see something someone does better than Blizzard but I’m a believer in FF 14. Keep Yoshi P!

Thanks. Maybe he can have it once winter comes. He’s not allowed to get new video games during the summer.. the FIFA18 World Cup download was an exception... and technically not a new game. ;)

Mike S

What are the dances about? Do they have a bad meaning or are they just for fun?

Basically I’m asking if it’s odd that my kid is doing the dances nonstop.lol. He’s never even played the game.

He wants it, but the rating says 13+
It’s just a dance.

Mike S

Thanks. Maybe he can have it once winter comes. He’s not allowed to get new video games during the summer.. the FIFA18 World Cup download was an exception... and technically not a new game. ;)
Fortnite is a free download. The cosmetics and dances are what cost money.

Sharon&Susan

It seems that we’ll have more characters that were heavily requested. All (truly) new characters so far are characters that people have been asking for a long while. I love to see Sakurai listening to the fans with this one, (not saying he hasn’t) but it’s a shame we won’t see that many new “joke” or surprise characters. Some of my favorite characters are characters like Wii Fit Trainer and the Ice Climbers, characters that no one requested.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Bought BFA, boosted to 110, did all the Pre BFA stuff and have been questing in Draenor to get the flying lol

Mike S

I know right?

These got me:

The Jaina one is outstanding probably Blizzard's best short ever. No one does this hype train stuff better than Blizzard and it makes me wonder why other companies don't even try.?

I think each company just does it differently. Games like The Last of Us 2 have big hype around them without this type of trailer. Is that stuff actually in the game or no?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
No it's just story telling, Blizzard does this for all of its expansions, helps build the story and fill in parts before the expansion is released.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Oh boy.

The past couple days I and many many others have been in a very heated discussion at another gaming forum about Nintendo suing a pirate website for millions over their hosting of Nintendo roms from their older catalog. Now personally I don't pirate games, I never have and never will if I want something I'll buy it no matter the price, and I hold no grudge against Nintendo for protecting their IP's and catalog.

But people are fuming over this. In the past Nintendo has sent a cease and desist letter to these sites, no legal threats they would ask for the sites in question to simply stop. Well now they asked the site in question and they continued to keep the links to the games up and now they are in a world of crap because no matter how they word it, how they will say fair use, ( <- Bullcrap ), how they are keeping the older games alive, how Nintendo used the sites to get the roms for the NES/SNES classics, whatever, ultimately they are pirating copyrighted material and they will lose and will lose their rear ends.

But people are calling out Nintendo for this, how they are wrong to get their copyrighted material pirated for no profit. Why? Why can't Nintendo protect their properties? Why do people feel entitled to take something for free? For example you can buy the legal rom of Super Metroid from Nintendo for under 8 bucks, is 8 bucks going to bankrupt you? I fail to see a rational conclusion from anyone as to why the old game roms should be given away for free other than people don't want to pay for them. Call people a pirate for downloading them, which is what they are and then they start flaming you back. All the while if you link to any of the pirate sites on these forums you will get banned short round. And people still complain about Nintendo being the bad guy?

I really have to chuckle at the chuckleheads.

As for gaming right now on my to do's...

World of Warcraft, jumped on the hype train and waiting for next weeks expansion launch. Not looking forward to the server death the first day for day two should be business as usual. Also going to laugh at the doom and gloomers saying WoW is dead when next week I'll fearlessly predict over ten million playing.

Monster Hunter. Sooo glad I waited to play this on PC, even on my rig I had to turn down some graphical details but it runs silky smooth over 100 fps and far better graphics than consoles. I expect to dig into this one after I drain all the new WoW content.

FF 14 is still being played but not as much, I can only do one MMO at a time and my heart is with WoW.

Speaking of Final Fantasy I just downloaded the hi-Res texture pack for the PC version if FF 15, even though it was 115 gig's of data, if you have the horsepower to run it, specifically an Nvidia 1080 at the bare minimum, it looks absolutely sick in 4k.

Think I'm avoiding this years Madden, really no interest in the game anymore.

Is the battle royal shooter a fad? Fortnite is the biggest game in the world and PUBG is slowly dying a painful death. One game does not have cheating and the other one has the worst cheating of any game online. Which one is which?

Too many games too little time, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever finish all my games in my Steam library.

TwilightZone

Oh boy.

The past couple days I and many many others have been in a very heated discussion at another gaming forum about Nintendo suing a pirate website for millions over their hosting of Nintendo roms from their older catalog. Now personally I don't pirate games, I never have and never will if I want something I'll buy it no matter the price, and I hold no grudge against Nintendo for protecting their IP's and catalog.

But people are fuming over this. In the past Nintendo has sent a cease and desist letter to these sites, no legal threats they would ask for the sites in question to simply stop. Well now they asked the site in question and they continued to keep the links to the games up and now they are in a world of crap because no matter how they word it, how they will say fair use, ( <- Bullcrap ), how they are keeping the older games alive, how Nintendo used the sites to get the roms for the NES/SNES classics, whatever, ultimately they are pirating copyrighted material and they will lose and will lose their rear ends.

But people are calling out Nintendo for this, how they are wrong to get their copyrighted material pirated for no profit. Why? Why can't Nintendo protect their properties? Why do people feel entitled to take something for free? For example you can buy the legal rom of Super Metroid from Nintendo for under 8 bucks, is 8 bucks going to bankrupt you? I fail to see a rational conclusion from anyone as to why the old game roms should be given away for free other than people don't want to pay for them. Call people a pirate for downloading them, which is what they are and then they start flaming you back. All the while if you link to any of the pirate sites on these forums you will get banned short round. And people still complain about Nintendo being the bad guy?

I really have to chuckle at the chuckleheads.

As for gaming right now on my to do's...

World of Warcraft, jumped on the hype train and waiting for next weeks expansion launch. Not looking forward to the server death the first day for day two should be business as usual. Also going to laugh at the doom and gloomers saying WoW is dead when next week I'll fearlessly predict over ten million playing.

Monster Hunter. Sooo glad I waited to play this on PC, even on my rig I had to turn down some graphical details but it runs silky smooth over 100 fps and far better graphics than consoles. I expect to dig into this one after I drain all the new WoW content.

FF 14 is still being played but not as much, I can only do one MMO at a time and my heart is with WoW.

Speaking of Final Fantasy I just downloaded the hi-Res texture pack for the PC version if FF 15, even though it was 115 gig's of data, if you have the horsepower to run it, specifically an Nvidia 1080 at the bare minimum, it looks absolutely sick in 4k.

Think I'm avoiding this years Madden, really no interest in the game anymore.

Is the battle royal shooter a fad? Fortnite is the biggest game in the world and PUBG is slowly dying a painful death. One game does not have cheating and the other one has the worst cheating of any game online. Which one is which?

Too many games too little time, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever finish all my games in my Steam library.
Is this pirate site loveroms? If so that explains a lot. I know pirating is illegal and all that, but it's the cheapest and sometimes only way I could play these classic games. I can't buy an old n64, an old tv and some old games and hook it all up, the final price would be way too expensive. And if I get a rom, and end up not liking the game, it would feel like less of a waste of my time and money than if I had bought it. Not to mention buying these games, some of them come from scalpers, so in the end you're supporting the scalper who kept his game in mint condition, and not the Developers who worked on the game.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
It irks me when people say piracy does no harm. I cannot remember where I read this, but I came across a statistic a while ago that showed Pokémon Emerald Version had been downloaded almost as many times as legitimate copies had been sold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom