Finally did Boma

drp4video

Original Poster
Just got back fro WDW (and Universal), late last night. On the third night of our trip (5 nights total..it was an intense trip as we did all 4 disney parks and the two universal parks in 4 full days and two half days) we finally ate at Boma. I had been looking forward to eating there for a long time. I was not disappointed. The food was excellent, and it was so exciting to try new foods. The service was top notch. I had heard so much about it, and so much about the zebra domes, and was so excited to try them. They were the only thing to disappoint. I just found them way too sweet. That was the only let down. (then, I don't like Dole Whips either lol).

belledream

Also my response to the Zebra Domes. I salivate just thinking about those things!

But yay for OP! Boma was one of the best meals we ever had at WDW and I can't wait to go back one day and stuff my face with crazy amounts of soups, meats, sweets, and the like. Doesn't hurt that AKL is almost a theme park in itself to explore afterwards...as you walk off all that food. ;)

drp4video

Original Poster
Also my response to the Zebra Domes. I salivate just thinking about those things!

But yay for OP! Boma was one of the best meals we ever had at WDW and I can't wait to go back one day and stuff my face with crazy amounts of soups, meats, sweets, and the like. Doesn't hurt that AKL is almost a theme park in itself to explore afterwards...as you walk off all that food. ;)
Exactly. Eat and explore!

Survivor

I also ate at Boma back in April for the 1st time and it did not disappoint at all. The food was so tasty and had so much to choose from. I did enjoy the Zebra Domes but do have somewhat of a sweet tooth.

crxbrett

We liked Boma for dinner so much on our last trip, that we had to do breakfast there the next morning!

I've yet to try Boma, but have a breakfast and a dinner reservation on my next trip, on separate days of course! One of my favorite aspects of vacations at WDW are the dining experiences, so I am really looking forward to eating at Boma! Always hear fantastic things about it!

So what are Zebra Domes exactly? What's in them things?? lol

-

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've yet to try Boma, but have a breakfast and a dinner reservation on my next trip, on separate days of course! One of my favorite aspects of vacations at WDW are the dining experiences, so I am really looking forward to eating at Boma! Always hear fantastic things about it!

So what are Zebra Domes exactly? What's in them things?? lol

-

From the Disney Food blog...

"So what’s a Zebra Dome? An Amarula Cream Liquor mousse is enrobed in panna cotta-esque white chocolate and drizzled with chocolate and chocolate shavings. The whole thing sits atop a thin cake base."

1526733490331.png

jaklgreen

I love Boma, hate zebra domes, but love dole whips. Glad you enjoyed eating at Boma. It is one of the few places that I can take a bit of everything and enjoy it all.

drwadadli

I am so glad to hear you love Boma. My wife and I love Boma too and try to eat there at least once on every Disney trip!!!! Sorry to hear you didn't like the Zebra Domes but we haven't tried them so I have no comment.

HwdStudio

Just got back fro WDW (and Universal), late last night. On the third night of our trip (5 nights total..it was an intense trip as we did all 4 disney parks and the two universal parks in 4 full days and two half days) we finally ate at Boma. I had been looking forward to eating there for a long time. I was not disappointed. The food was excellent, and it was so exciting to try new foods. The service was top notch. I had heard so much about it, and so much about the zebra domes, and was so excited to try them. They were the only thing to disappoint. I just found them way too sweet. That was the only let down. (then, I don't like Dole Whips either lol).
Glad you enjoyed it. I can handle about half of a zebra dome and that’s my limit. Boma really is one of the best on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom